Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
At what positions or units are the Jags better....

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2022, 10:27 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(07-01-2022, 06:18 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(06-30-2022, 06:26 AM)RicoTx Wrote: You're ridiculous dude.

CJB is taking a position. There are some merits to his statements TBH. Lawrence did not have a great year last year period paragraph. Coaching contributed to that, sure. There are still valid reasons for concern. His accuracy and touch need *a lot* of work. On the other hand, he's pretty good with factors like pocket awareness and improvisation. He also made a few throws that made you say wow. And that arm though.

I honestly expected most of this, he was a rookie with some known flaws. I do expect him to take a huge step forward this year but there's probably still going to be situations with accuracy where we're left scratching our heads. Ultimately, my bet is he'll be a top 10, maybe a top 5 QB even if he never turns into the generational talent that some where thinking he might be. For the Jags, that's progress!

While I don't think it's impossible, I do highly doubt he will be a top 5 QB anytime soon if ever.. but that's not exactly a slight as the top 5 as it stands are remarkably talented. It's nice to see somebody with an open mind on the conversation, who actually noticed his issues on accuracy and touch..  particularly his fast ball to the flat that caused many drops out of the backfield, his extremely errant throws on the run and as you put it, some throws that left me wondering what he could have possibly seen (the 3 or 4 ints he threw over the middle, directly to a linebacker with no wr/te/back in sight.)

Appreciate the comment, tho. It's refreshing to see somebody actually talk about the issues and or the bright spots without simply saying "He played good" like a lot of posters here do.

(07-22-2022, 08:16 PM)Norseman Wrote: INT-wise Trevor started off last season pretty badly with seven in the first three games. After that he cleaned up nicely except the two horrible games against Pats and Titans (another seven ints). With more experience and a better support cast, I expect Trevor to improve this season. In this setting the question is whether it is too soon for Week 1?

Yes but he didn't really clean up those mistakes, he just took far less chances.. which results in him throwing no touchdowns for 2 months and barely reaching 200 yards most games mid way through the season. Not to compare him to Gabbs, but that was kind of how he played. He didn't throw a ton of ints, but neither did he throw for many tds or yards.

Messages In This Thread
RE: At what positions or units are the Jags better.... - by ChrisJagBoy - 07-22-2022, 10:25 PM
Copycat - by copycat - 07-23-2022, 10:39 AM
RE: Copycat - by MarleyJag - 07-24-2022, 02:14 PM