Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Liberal Newspaper, Racist Headline........

After Supreme Court ruling, LA Times asks if California is 'ready' for more Black gun owners

The Supreme Court ruled New York's concealed carry laws were unconstitutional on Thursday

The Los Angeles Times questioned whether California is "ready" for Black people publicly carrying guns after Thursday's Supreme Court decision.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/supreme-co...o9lZd4mBrQ
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

lololol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I don't think it's a racist headline. I think the writer was trying to make a certain point about gun-rights advocates. The point being, white people fear black people, and gun rights will give black people the right to carry weapons just like white people.

It's a thin argument, and not necessarily valid, but it's not racist.

(06-28-2022, 05:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't think it's a racist headline.  I think the writer was trying to make a certain point about gun-rights advocates.  The point being, white people fear black people, and gun rights will give black people the right to carry weapons just like white people. 

News Flash!  Most white people do not fear black people Marty, they fear criminals, as do brown people, yellow people and dare I say, black people.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-28-2022, 07:52 AM)copycat Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 05:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't think it's a racist headline.  I think the writer was trying to make a certain point about gun-rights advocates.  The point being, white people fear black people, and gun rights will give black people the right to carry weapons just like white people. 

News Flash!  Most white people do not fear black people Marty, they fear criminals, as do brown people, yellow people and dare I say, black people.

No kidding, Marty. Really?

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2022, 10:26 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(06-28-2022, 08:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 07:52 AM)copycat Wrote: News Flash!  Most white people do not fear black people Marty, they fear criminals, as do brown people, yellow people and dare I say, black people.

No kidding, Marty. Really?

Perhaps I didn't express myself clearly.  I was not saying that white people fear Black people.  I was saying that the writer said that.

(06-28-2022, 10:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 08:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: No kidding, Marty. Really?

Perhaps I didn't express myself clearly.  I was not saying that white people fear Black people.  I was saying that the writer said that.

C'mon man, him saying that makes it racist.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2022, 10:54 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(06-28-2022, 10:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 10:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Perhaps I didn't express myself clearly.  I was not saying that white people fear Black people.  I was saying that the writer said that.

C'mon man, him saying that makes it racist.

OK rather than me trying to characterize what the article said, read the article yourself.  I think the article made some interesting points.  Not that I would necessarily agree with all of them, 
But you have to admit, there are a lot of white people who will be very uncomfortable seeing Black people walking around with guns.

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2022, 11:03 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Something I've noticed with foxnews.com lately- they have a subtly subversive method of getting liberal points across.  They make some claim about some article in the New York Times or somewhere else, And then they basically quote the entire article inside their article.  

Just like this one- "LA Times is Racist!"  Then they quote most of the LA Times article inside their article.  

I don't know if someone is doing this on purpose or not.

(06-28-2022, 10:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 10:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: C'mon man, him saying that makes it racist.

OK rather than me trying to characterize what the article said, read the article yourself.  I think the article made some interesting points.  Not that I would necessarily agree with all of them, 
But you have to admit, there are a lot of white people who will be very uncomfortable seeing Black people walking around with guns.

And just as many the other way. And a lot of white people uncomfortable with other white people walking around with guns. And just as many the other way. This article is one sided and presents "white people" (and Republicans) as all guilty of racism. It's racist.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It is not racist for one white person to point out that some other white people are racist. It's just the truth. The question is how many are, and how strongly they feel that way, and what the consequences will be.

It would be racist to say that all white people are racist, but I don't think this author was saying that.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-28-2022, 11:11 AM)mikesez Wrote: It is not racist for one white person to point out that some other white people are racist.  It's just the truth.  The question is how many are, and how strongly they feel that way, and what the consequences will be.

It would be racist to say that all white people are racist, but I don't think this author was saying that.

The hell he isn't.

(06-28-2022, 11:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 11:11 AM)mikesez Wrote: It is not racist for one white person to point out that some other white people are racist.  It's just the truth.  The question is how many are, and how strongly they feel that way, and what the consequences will be.

The hell he isn't.

Did you read the article?

Given the history of slavery in this country, I’m surprised that people of color aren’t more staunchly pro 2nd amendment.

(06-28-2022, 11:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 11:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The hell he isn't.

Did you read the article?

Yes.

(06-28-2022, 10:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 10:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: C'mon man, him saying that makes it racist.

People in general are uncomfortable with anyone carrying guns in public. We don't live in Somalia or Afghanistan.

(06-28-2022, 10:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 10:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: OK rather than me trying to characterize what the article said, read the article yourself.  I think the article made some interesting points.  Not that I would necessarily agree with all of them, 

People in general are uncomfortable with anyone carrying guns in public. We don't live in Somalia or Afghanistan.

I agree.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.