Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
4th of July parade shooting

(07-07-2022, 08:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Ah yes, the poor, pitiful poor who just can't be expected to obey the law and not try to rob, steal, and kill their fellow citizens.

https://twitter.com/Breaking_4_News/stat...e.mu.nu%2F

And yeah, the Manhattan DA is charging the guy who was getting beaten up with 2nd degree murder and the judge held the guy whose worked in that store for 3 decades and never had a criminal offense in Riker's on $250,000 bond. And of course our tech friends at GoFundMe took down his financing campaign after people donated $20,000 towards his defense, without an explanation, because of course they did.
Haven't watched the video and probably won't but I know he was also stabbed by the girlfriend. She isn't charged with anything after stabbing him.

I really hope every person in the jury pool says he is innocent and they drop charges in disgrace. This DA should be brought up on whatever charges they can for doing this to this man.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-06-2022, 09:14 AM)Jagwired Wrote: This guy makes the headlines, meanwhile 60 other people were shot in that cesspool of a city in the prior two days to this shooting without a peep. Do not some of you ever wonder why? Me personally I have always thought that considering the amount of weapons available to a 330 million population country that we are actually rather tame with our weapons considering human nature and propensity to commit violence. Just another unfortunate situation carried out by a crazy [BLEEP] that will spark some more gun grab talk.

Maybe we just needed to be more patient? https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/09/us/chicag...index.html

At this moment, it's the cover story.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-09-2022, 05:56 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 09:14 AM)Jagwired Wrote: This guy makes the headlines, meanwhile 60 other people were shot in that cesspool of a city in the prior two days to this shooting without a peep. Do not some of you ever wonder why? Me personally I have always thought that considering the amount of weapons available to a 330 million population country that we are actually rather tame with our weapons considering human nature and propensity to commit violence. Just another unfortunate situation carried out by a crazy [BLEEP] that will spark some more gun grab talk.

Maybe we just needed to be more patient? https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/09/us/chicag...index.html

A murder from last year? That's quite a bit of patience.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2022, 09:47 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-10-2022, 06:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-09-2022, 05:56 PM)mikesez Wrote: Maybe we just needed to be more patient? https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/09/us/chicag...index.html

A murder from last year? That's quite a bit of patience.

The article is about the more recent ones, but it starts with a quote from a victim's family member from last year because apparently that's how long you have to wait for gangland victims to be brave enough to talk to journalists? Ir for journalists to be brave enough to seek them out? I don't know.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.