Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Georgia Guidestones Blown Up

This is a shame.  The Georgia Guidestones were an offbeat tourist attraction in the middle of nowhere in North Georgia.  I've taken quite a few people to see it when en route to North Carolina.  Argue all you want about the message on them; it was worthy of discussion.  But why blow it up like that?  

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/explosi...022-07-07/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wasn't there speculation that Ted Turner was the one who paid for them to be built?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-07-2022, 09:23 AM)mikesez Wrote: Wasn't there speculation that Ted Turner was the one who paid for them to be built?

I never heard that one.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2022, 02:09 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

Senseless. However, if I'm someone with a lot of money and bankrolling this, I'm going to go full scale Stonehenge replica. This awful thing looks like reclaimed concrete from a building demolition/implosion.

Since the world didn't contain less than half a billion in 1980, then yeah, the message here is kind of sinister. Maybe even prophetic.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(07-07-2022, 09:23 AM)mikesez Wrote: Wasn't there speculation that Ted Turner was the one who paid for them to be built?

Not sure if anyone ever was identified who paid for them. I think Ted may have been one of the rumored names.

They were basically very similar to WEF, Gates, and many others statements on many things.

Never heard of it until this weekend. But the first message keep the population under 1/2 billion when we're at what 7-8 billion? Seems a little evil how do they propose we do that?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(07-07-2022, 10:02 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Never heard of it until this weekend. But the first message keep the population under 1/2 billion when we're at what 7-8 billion? Seems a little evil how do they propose we do that?

It had an interesting set of messages inscribed in 8 different languages.  That particular one always drew some discussion when I took people there.  More interesting was just seeing it, speculating on who did it, and admiring the carving of the messages in all the different languages.  

Such a shame some nutbag decided to blow it up, because it was a nice little tourist attraction in the middle of nowhere.  What would motivate someone to blow up such a nice thing?  I don't get it.

(07-08-2022, 04:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 10:02 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Never heard of it until this weekend. But the first message keep the population under 1/2 billion when we're at what 7-8 billion? Seems a little evil how do they propose we do that?

It had an interesting set of messages inscribed in 8 different languages.  That particular one always drew some discussion when I took people there.  More interesting was just seeing it, speculating on who did it, and admiring the carving of the messages in all the different languages.  

Such a shame some nutbag decided to blow it up, because it was a nice little tourist attraction in the middle of nowhere.  What would motivate someone to blow up such a nice thing?  I don't get it.

So I was reading about it and apparently there's a theory they where some new world order propaganda. If you go deep enough it becomes a dark religious conspiracy shall we say.

Who ever did it will claim they where fighting the NWO
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(07-08-2022, 04:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

People got the green light after all the statues came down.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-08-2022, 08:32 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 04:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It had an interesting set of messages inscribed in 8 different languages.  That particular one always drew some discussion when I took people there.  More interesting was just seeing it, speculating on who did it, and admiring the carving of the messages in all the different languages.  

People got the green light after all the statues came down.

So when the government does stuff some people don't like, for example taking down a few statues, that's the green light to start blowing things up?

(07-09-2022, 09:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 08:32 AM)copycat Wrote: People got the green light after all the statues came down.

So when the government does stuff some people don't like, for example taking down a few statues, that's the green light to start blowing things up?

You darn good and well what I was referring to

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-09-2022, 01:20 PM)copycat Wrote:
(07-09-2022, 09:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So when the government does stuff some people don't like, for example taking down a few statues, that's the green light to start blowing things up?

You darn good and well what I was referring to

Huh?  If I'm misinterpreting what you said, set me straight.  Otherwise, you seem to be endorsing terrorism/vandalism, whatever this was.

(07-09-2022, 01:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-09-2022, 01:20 PM)copycat Wrote: You darn good and well what I was referring to

Huh?  If I'm misinterpreting what you said, set me straight.  Otherwise, you seem to be endorsing terrorism/vandalism, whatever this was.

No I am not endorsing anything, however during the summer of unrest many statues were torn down, desecrated and destroyed.  A blind was turned towards many of those actions.  Much like Jan 6, there is a correlation.