Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Other than the QB

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2022, 03:20 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

What player do you think if he takes his game to the next level can help this team the most?.  I'm going to say Shenault and I do think he has a career year after his sophomore slump.  Its just catching the ball and confidence.  If he takes his game to the next level and lives up to his talents he will help this offense a ton whith his physical style of play, it can set the tone for a game.  He's been working his [BLEEP] off this offseason and you can tell he wants to prove he can be a go to player for this team.  I think this coaching staff will make a huge difference for LS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cisco
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We've been missing the receiving TE as a serious offense threat since Pete Mitchell. I don't care which one steps up, whether it's Arnold, Engram, Farell or whoever. If one of them could put in a Mark Andrews type performance, that would be huge.

(07-10-2022, 02:38 PM)Dimson Wrote: Cisco
Gotta agree here. If Cisco is the ball hawking FS he was touted to be, it will drastically change this defense.

I’m also throwing Evan Engram in there.

If I can pick one on D it would probably be Cisco

Tyson Campbell. I think he's already a solid guy, but I think he solidifies himself as a #1 Corner this year.

Travon Walker. If he's really what they think he is then we get the bonus of an improved Josh Allen too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Josh Allen

Jeff Cotton

Josh Allen. For the sake of keeping promising talent on the football team and not seeing former first round picks leave or jump ship early it would be a nice change of pace for this Franchise and City. This team can no longer afford to fail with players selected in the first round. It's one thing to swing and miss (Henderson and Chaisson), however, it's another thing to actually see talent on the field and then let it slip through your hands after the rookie contract is up.

Allen is capable of having more games like he had last year at home against Buffalo. I don't expect him to be T.J Watt (Would be nice though), however, with all of the additions this team has made in one off season on defense? If he doesn't hit at least double digit sacks or break his rookie season number of 10.5 it'll be pretty disappointing and concerning.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2022, 05:35 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(07-10-2022, 10:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Travon Walker. If he's really what they think he is then we get the bonus of an improved Josh Allen too.

I agree with that.  The question was, [Other than QB] "What player do you think if he takes his game to the next level can help this team the most?"  And I agree that it is Travon Walker.   Other than QB, pass rusher is the most important position on the team.  It would help the team the most if he takes his game to the next level.  

Devin Lloyd is a good option here in addition to the good candidates already named

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2022, 08:12 AM by ATLjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

Christian Kirk. In his 4th season, last year, he had his best catching 77 balls for 982 yards. Likely being a more primary target this year for Trevor, and if he can step up to another level, he has the potential to significantly help this offense. 90+ balls is reachable. Add in Evan Engram, if he can also take a step up, and the receiving combination should vastly improve the offensive passing game.

(07-11-2022, 05:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Josh Allen. For the sake of keeping promising talent on the football team and not seeing former first round picks leave or jump ship early it would be a nice change of pace for this Franchise and City. This team can no longer afford to fail with players selected in the first round. It's one thing to swing and miss (Henderson and Chaisson), however, it's another thing to actually see talent on the field and then let it slip through your hands after the rookie contract is up.

Allen is capable of having more games like he had last year at home against Buffalo. I don't expect him to be T.J Watt (Would be nice though), however, with all of the additions this team has made in one off season on defense? If he doesn't hit at least double digit sacks or break his rookie season number of 10.5 it'll be pretty disappointing and concerning.

I was starting to wonder if folks forgot what a good pass-rush can do for a defense...  Couldn't agree more on Allen.  Young man needs to start living up to the lofty expectations that have been expected of him ever since he slid to us in the draft.  And if he's better, Cisco will be better too Smile

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2022, 09:20 AM by Mikey.)

(07-10-2022, 02:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What player do you think if he takes his game to the next level can help this team the most?.  [...]

It has to be Kirk. We paid him big money hoping he'd make that jump, so let's see it happen. For one, it would be nice seeing the gamble get rewarded and silence all the scoffers. On top of that, getting a young guy who makes the QB's job easier and can be a long-term fixture sets this offense for many years. A big part of the challenges our QBs have faced are the turnstiles of coordinators, coaches, and playbooks that change with each new season. Let's get some top talent, some good coaching, and keep it around for a few years and see what develops. 

The others I considered for this thread were Josh Allen, Cam Robinson, and Travis Etienne.

(07-10-2022, 03:31 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Tyson Campbell. I think he's already a solid guy, but I think he solidifies himself as a #1 Corner this year.

Yeah, if he can become more than just a zone guy, that would be huge for our defense. Give credit to the DC for shifting scheme to suit his strength, it really did give him the best opportunity to show he could play.

We need improvement from so many places, there are almost no wrong answers here.

Still...
If Walker contributes enough as a rookie to also allow Allen to have a productive season, that may have the biggest impact across the board. It ostensibly brings pass rush impact from multiple places as a result of one player filling a role successfully. It also affects the secondary positively and could give the offense the ball more often (and in better field position) and do so without a lopsided scoreboard so frequently. It flips the script more than the others IMO.

He has to be good enough at pressuring QBs to make opponents create offensive game plans with protection in mind. That's a tall order for a rookie. He looks like he has the physical tools in spades to accomplish this. Gotta find out if it shows up at the line of scrimmage in reg season play.

My list consists of multiple player(s) because just one player won't make enough difference.

Offensive Player(s)
LS10
Scherff
Bartch and or whomever wins the LG position
This group should solidify the offense.

Defensive Player(s)
Cisco (FS)
Fatukasi (NT)
Oluokon (MLB)
Williams (Nickle)
This group should make the biggest impact on our team. (I still have hope for Chaisson though)

Special Team
Santos or Nevis (May the best Man win)

2022 NFL Draft Picks
Walker
Lloyd
Muma
All should be impactful but I don't want them to bare such a load this early. They must get acclimated to the NFL.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Evan Engram. If he stays healthy could be a big reason the offense isn't offensive.

Shenault needs to have a bounce back year.

Tyson Campbell on defense for sure needs to take the proverbial next step

Davon Hamilton. Sometimes takes a while for DT's to adjust to NFL. Jags have been inconsistent to flat out bad versus run, which is a death knell in this division. I think he also starts to get some interior pocket pressure which would dramatically improve the defense and make Walker/Allen's live easier.

(07-11-2022, 11:11 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Davon Hamilton. Sometimes takes a while for DT's to adjust to NFL. Jags have been inconsistent to flat out bad versus run, which is a death knell in this division. I think he also starts to get some interior pocket pressure which would dramatically improve the defense and make Walker/Allen's live easier.

Fatukasi should be the starting nose tackle and will almost always man the middle in run situations, so it will be interesting to see if Hamilton is used as a 3-4 end in those situations, or if he mans the middle on pass sets, or both.