Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell Says a Winning Season is a Reasonable expectation

Quote:Look at that upswing! 3-7 here we come!
I hope you mean 3-5... Because 3+7 = 10. Unless we go 9-7, win every game after including the super bowl, would be the only way 10 games would be half way... You cheeky fellow you.. I see what you did there.... 

CHAMPIONSHIPPPPPPP

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The pressure is finally on.

0-8, 1-7, 2-6 at the halfway point in Gus first 3 seasons.

Dear God that is about as ugly as it gets.
Absolutely. Any coach who couldn't be at least 6-2 with the talent-packed roster we had in those seasons must have been doing something wrong.

Aw, well...yes; we should achieve at least an 8-8 record this season as we now have sufficient talent on the field to do so. This is the forth year in the rebuild and it's time to start seeing some practical payoff for the patience everyone has had to have with this rebuild plan. Failure to reach at least 8-8 should result in Gus being sacked at the end of the season as it would tend to indicate that the coaching was/is a weak link.

I say 'should' as we don't know for sure what Shad will do... it is his team after all. All we know is that he wants a winning season and expects it.

Quote:Absolutely. Any coach who couldn't be at least 6-2 with the talent-packed roster we had in those seasons must have been doing something wrong.

Yea, even Belicheck would have went 3-21
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

JesseJames,

When you said you hope Bradley doesn't get a contract extension if we made the playoffs and won the division, were you serious?

Do you suggest that if somehow the team went 12-4 this year and got a first round bye, you'd want him gone anyway?

To me, if the GM states that a winning record is a reasonable expectation, and the team meets or exceeds the reasonable expectations as articulated by the GM, the coach should be rewarded for it. 

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Gus has led his team to 3 wins and 20 losses in the months of September and October.

If he doesn't have 4 wins by November then he should be fired.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 10:06 AM by iapetus.)

It's all about expectations. And the fan expectations have so far been very different to the team's expectations, as I've pointed out before. From the fan viewpoint, Gus is a horribly underachieving coach. From the team viewpoint, he's come close to what was expected and planned.

This year is interesting, though, because for the first time expectations of the majority of the fanbase and of the team are starting to converge, somewhere just north of 8-8. That doesn't mean Gus will be automatically gone if the team doesn't go 10-6 (or whatever arbitrary number you want to assign). But the same results that would disappoint the fans again are going to disappoint Shad Khan for perhaps the first time. And you don't want to be disappointing Shad Khan as a coach.

Quote:If we make the playoffs and win the division, does Bradley get extended?
They didn't keep him for the last 3 years with losing records,  draft players to implement his defense and then when the talent is here and they're winning to fire him. Makes no sense. You just realize that maybe the reason he didn't win in years past was really due to the lack of talent. 

This would be the best case scenario. Unless people at this point just like to see change. 

Quote:The pressure is finally on.

0-8, 1-7, 2-6 at the halfway point in Gus first 3 seasons.

Dear God that is about as ugly as it gets.

Well from a purely technical standpoint that's improvement. 0 - 1 - 2 wins at mid season. Now where's my ice cream?

Quote:I hope you mean 3-5... Because 3+7 = 10. Unless we go 9-7, win every game after including the super bowl, would be the only way 10 games would be half way... You cheeky fellow you.. I see what you did there....

CHAMPIONSHIPPPPPPP

Lol, I don't know what I'm saying, but I dumb. Yes 3-5.

Quote:Yea, even Belicheck would have went 3-21

Exactly. I always believed most people on this forum deliberately ignore this fact just to hate Gus Bradley. It has always been crystal clear we lacked the talent to win no matter who the coach is.

So we've gone from "The roster is built to rule the AFC South" to "a winning season is probably a reasonable expectation" without even playing a game? 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:So we've gone from "The roster is built to rule the AFC South" to "a winning season is probably a reasonable expectation" without even playing a game?

Who said what you quoted above?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We have to go above 500 its been what nine years? 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:A win is a win no matter how the team gets it. Are you referring to last year's game in Baltimore?
Well yeah it all counts of course, but im not gonna credit the staff with a win we were gifted by asinine rules (it was the last play of the game why it cant be reversed is beyond me)

Fun stat : Bradley is 0-17 against playoff teams.

A winning season is more then a reasonable expectation! It is the only expectations going into year 4 of the wonderful rebuild.. I have no doubt that,anything less will result in a massive overhaul of the coaching staff!

Quote:Who said what you quoted above?

Gus Bradley....and that was a year ago, before a great draft and off-season.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.