Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First practice tomorrow!

2022 training camp is opening at last. What are you looking forward to seeing? I'm really curious about how the injured RBs are recovering and how this reworked receiving corps is going to gel (or not). And of course Walker. I haven't been this optimistic since Gus Bradley's first year. Ok, not necessarily a good omen.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

On one hand I’m really excited about this year, then I remember the last 20 years…We get excited every year and by game 4 we start talking about the draft. Here’s hoping I’m wrong for being skeptical.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2022, 07:56 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-24-2022, 05:25 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: 2022 training camp is opening at last. What are you looking forward to seeing? I'm really curious about how the injured RBs are recovering and how this reworked receiving corps is going to gel (or not). And of course Walker. I haven't been this optimistic since Gus Bradley's first year. Ok, not necessarily a good omen.
Couple things I’m looking forward to in no particular order:

1. RT battle between Little and Taylor. Little SHOULD wipe the floor with garbage Taylor

2. ETN. I don’t see JRob being close to ready to start the season. Gonna be all on ETN to start.

3. Travon Walker. Can’t wait to watch this guy.

4. Trevor getting in sync with his new pass catchers.

5. Evan Engram and Arnold in 2 TE sets.

There's only one real question until we get an answer, can the Kid Play. If Trevor is the generational talent we all think he is, then everything else shrinks to insignificance.

MarleyJag2022 training camp is opening at last. What are you looking forward to seeing? I'm really curious about how the injured RBs are recovering and how this reworked receiving corps is going to gel (or not). And of course Walker. I haven't been this optimistic since Gus Bradley's first year. Ok, not necessarily a good omen.

First I am looking to see how the offensive line works out.  In past years that has been pretty stable. This year it is not.  There are a number of way for this to break.  It is really critical to our offense so yea, there will be interesting roster battles here.  Second the safety position could be interesting with these new coaches and defensive scheme.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(07-24-2022, 10:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote: MarleyJag2022 training camp is opening at last. What are you looking forward to seeing? I'm really curious about how the injured RBs are recovering and how this reworked receiving corps is going to gel (or not). And of course Walker. I haven't been this optimistic since Gus Bradley's first year. Ok, not necessarily a good omen.

First I am looking to see how the offensive line works out.  In past years that has been pretty stable. This year it is not.  There are a number of way for this to break.  It is really critical to our offense so yea, there will be interesting roster battles here.  Second the safety position could be interesting with these new coaches and defensive scheme.

I would hardly argue that our OL has been "stable" anywhere near the last 10 years, excluding 2017. Forget the PFF grades. These fat pieces of [BLEEP] suck at football and are routinely blown by play after play. If this doesn't change, we're going to be the same ol' Jags yet again.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022, 05:59 AM by NH3.)

The list is looooooooong so I'll keep it simple. In the past two seasons, our roster has evolved for the betterment. The players are pretty much in place so that leaves the Coaching Staff. If/when Pederson and his staff gets their systems (offensive/defensive) dialed in, this team will make waves this season. Next season our team should create an devastating water spout and so on. The coaching staff is key.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-24-2022, 09:37 PM)jj82284 Wrote: There's only one real question until we get an answer, can the Kid Play.  If Trevor is the generational talent we all think he is, then everything else shrinks to insignificance.

I’m with you on this.

(07-24-2022, 07:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-24-2022, 05:25 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: 2022 training camp is opening at last. What are you looking forward to seeing? I'm really curious about how the injured RBs are recovering and how this reworked receiving corps is going to gel (or not). And of course Walker. I haven't been this optimistic since Gus Bradley's first year. Ok, not necessarily a good omen.
Couple things I’m looking forward to in no particular order:

1. RT battle between Little and Taylor. Little SHOULD wipe the floor with garbage Taylor

2. ETN. I don’t see JRob being close to ready to start the season. Gonna be all on ETN to start.

3. Travon Walker. Can’t wait to watch this guy.

4. Trevor getting in sync with his new pass catchers.

5. Evan Engram and Arnold in 2 TE sets.

1.  Agreed completely.  Even though he is switching sides and has had scant playing time the past three years, I believe Little should provide better pass protection than Jawaan Taylor.

2.  Agreed, and this increases Snoop Connor's importance to the team, at least early on.

3.  I sure hope he can have a big positive impact for us.  I swear if we drafted another no impact edge rusher high I will lose my mind.  That saidm U want to see how the edge rusher rotation work itself out.  Arden Key and Smoot shouldd give us a nice rotation and quality minutes, which is far more than I can say about a highly drafted edge rusher from LSU who will remain nameless.

4.  WHile I am looking forward to it because the receivers should be improved from what we had last year, I am not sold on the WR group at all.  I think Kirk is a good route runner, but would be far more effective with guys outside who could command attention from the defense.  I have my doubts about his ability to thrive being the focus of the defense.  Admittedly, I may be too harsh, but I don't trust Zay Jones at all.  He has not been productive anywhere despite his second round pedigree, and there was a particularly ugly incident that remains foremost in my mind.

5.  I am excited to watch Engram and Arnold in this offense.  Just the idea that the Jaguars could actually have multiple viable receiving threats at TE is a novelty and reason for early camp excitement.

Some other thoughts...

6.  I am excited about the defense overall.  I think the transition to a 3-4 is largely complete.  What is the defense's ceiling?  If they hit on Walker, lloyd and Muma, and Cisco is a starter, the ceiling should be a top half of the league defense.

7.  Center will be another position of interest for me.  I don't know much about Fortner, although from a historical perspective, Kentucky has been a place to find good centers (Jeff Van Note, Dermontti Dawson) and their program has been on the upswing of late.    Despite the limited clips I've seen, I wonder if Fortner can be physical enough to be effective at the position to handle the bigger and more powerful NTs.

8.  Speaking of NTs, I also want to see how the front 3 shakes itself out.  My early prediction:  Hamilton and Brown at DE and Fatukasi at NT.  That will give thr front 3 size, power and some athletic ability.  They should be more physical than the group we had last year, especially if we can get more production from the offense.

9.  Special teams has the potential to win us an additional 3 games or so over last year (or at least nit lose three games).  Our inability to hit a FG early on hurt us, and then later our inability to get kickoffs into the end zone resulted in two kickoff returns for TDs late in the year.  The kick return TD against the Jets cost us that game-that and the inexplicable inability of WRs to get set inside the Jets 3 yard line.

10.  How will the better coaching Pederson provides manifest itself?  So far, we haven't seen any ridiculous signings of retired players.  So far there haven't been any controversial hire of strength and conditioning coaches.  So far there haven't been any instances where Pederson stayed behind on a road trip to get a lap dance/grope a woman half his age.  So far, he hasn't kicked any kickers.  But I'm wondering how many other ways the coaching differences will manifest themselves.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Bullseye.

If the Jags hit on all the players you mentioned, in addition to having Josh Allen and Campbell, you’re talking about the early stages of the Legion of Boom from Seattle. That’s their ceiling and that’s pretty incredible. After all the years of the Jags being “Seattle of the south”, this may be their best chance at that.

I can’t wait to see Cisco finally get some playing time too.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022, 08:04 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

Not going to be paying much attention to practices etc this year as I barely have any free time.. but, even tho i'm not super optimistic for the season.. Butttt it's that time of year where excitement starts to creep in.. At least there is some hope for our team since we aren't trotting out Blaine Gabbert or Blake Bortles anymore.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022, 08:59 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-24-2022, 06:41 PM)Ronster Wrote: On one hand I’m really excited about this year, then I remember the last 20 years…We get excited every year and by game 4 we start talking about the draft. Here’s hoping I’m wrong for being skeptical.

Yep.  To better illustrate the above post, Gus Bradley was actually 1-13 in September.     Usually by October, us Jags fans are hitting the Mock Draft google searches.

(07-25-2022, 08:04 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Not going to be paying much attention to practices etc this year as I barely have any free time.. but, even tho i'm not super optimistic for the season.. Butttt it's that time of year where excitement starts to creep in.. At least there is some hope for our team since we aren't trotting out Blaine Gabbert or Blake Bortles anymore.

Dude, you have over 1,000 posts in the past month.  Are you indicating that you don't have free time because you're always on this board?  Smile

I'm looking forward to seeing our RB on the sidelines. I don't want to rush them back, and I absolutely don't want them getting re-injured in a meaningless game.

I want to see what offense Pederson has in store for us, even if we only get a taste of the vanilla for now. I want to see a team united around their QB, and that QB carrying them to success.

I want to see chemistry develop between the newcomers and vets, and really want to see some of our high-priced FA justifying their big paydays.

I want to see a game end in a tie, because I'm a weirdo.

JRob has avoided the PUP so far which is really good news for him. Said he might be cleared by mid August which is insane.

I really didn't expect him back so soon (and I'm still skeptical) but would gladly take being wrong if it means JRob helps the team week 1.

(07-24-2022, 09:37 PM)jj82284 Wrote: There's only one real question until we get an answer, can the Kid Play.  If Trevor is the generational talent we all some people think he is, then everything else shrinks to insignificance.

FIFY
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022, 10:40 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(07-25-2022, 09:36 AM)Mikey Wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing our RB on the sidelines. I don't want to rush them back, and I absolutely don't want them getting re-injured in a meaningless game.

I want to see what offense Pederson has in store for us, even if we only get a taste of the vanilla for now. I want to see a team united around their QB, and that QB carrying them to success.

I want to see chemistry develop between the newcomers and vets, and really want to see some of our high-priced FA justifying their big paydays.

I want to see a game end in a tie, because I'm a weirdo.

Would like to see us convert a 3rd down on the 1st drive of the preseason opener.
Would like to see a roster with more depth to prevent injuries from becoming a factor, ala 2017.
Would like to see a 0-0 tie. Cause I'm a bigger weirdo.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(07-25-2022, 07:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bullseye.

If the Jags hit on all the players you mentioned, in addition to having Josh Allen and Campbell, you’re talking about the early stages of the Legion of Boom from Seattle. That’s their ceiling and that’s pretty incredible. After all the years of the Jags being “Seattle of the south”, this may be their best chance at that.

I can’t wait to see Cisco finally get some playing time too.

Seattle wouldn't be the parallel I would draw.  Different schemes with different personnel requirements.

That said I don't know enough about the current scheme to draw any conclusions/comparisons at this point.

But the key, as it is with just about any 3-4 defense-will be the LBs and NT.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Devin Lloyd with a hammy.

And so it begins.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato