Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First practice tomorrow!

When did not posting links become a thing?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Time to start splitting practice reps between Lawrence and Sloter.

https://www.jaguars.com/news/roster-move...b-ej-perry

(07-25-2022, 11:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: When did not posting links become a thing?

Hard to post a link to the 1010XL news update.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm hearing the first two passes were drops by Marvin Jones and Christian Kirk.

Also heard Taylor was startung at RT, Fortner and Shatley were starting inside (Bartch on the bench?).

Devin Lloyd pulled a hamstring yesterday.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-25-2022, 12:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 11:20 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: When did not posting links become a thing?

Hard to post a link to the 1010XL news update.

Or provide attribution.

And it begins.....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

First padded practice isn't until Sunday.

This represents a huge departure from the past. Usually, the first padded practice was about 3 days or so after the start of camp.

This is almost a week.

(07-25-2022, 12:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm hearing the first two passes were drops by Marvin Jones and Christian Kirk.

Also heard Taylor was startung at RT, Fortner and Shatley were starting inside (Bartch on the bench?).

Rumor has it the Rams, Bucs. Bills, and Chiefs are closely monitoring our practices in effort to get the upper hand on us, should we meet in the playoffs or super bowl, so I think doing things in an unconventional manner to throw them off.

NFL caliber receivers that consistently drop balls should not be in the league, period. The cream of the crop when thrown the ball needs to catch the ball. NUMBER ONE JOB of a receiver is to CATCH THE DAMN BALL... I have very little patience in this regard.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(07-25-2022, 12:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm hearing the first two passes were drops by Marvin Jones and Christian Kirk.

I thought public and press weren't allowed to be there as it is at Episcopal?

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022, 02:29 PM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-25-2022, 01:35 PM)Ronster Wrote: NFL caliber receivers that consistently drop balls should not be in the league, period. The cream of the crop when thrown the ball needs to catch the ball. NUMBER ONE JOB of a receiver is to CATCH THE DAMN BALL... I have very little patience in this regard.

WELP, it's football season.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-25-2022, 01:35 PM)Ronster Wrote: NFL caliber receivers that consistently drop balls should not be in the league, period. The cream of the crop when thrown the ball needs to catch the ball. NUMBER ONE JOB of a receiver is to CATCH THE DAMN BALL... I have very little patience in this regard.

I heard the Kirk one was a slight overthrow and would have been a great catch to make. Still a "drop" but understandable. The Jones one was said to have hit him right in the numbers. THAT'S the problem drops.

Finally. Was just thinking yesterday that it feels like this off season has really taken it's sweet [BLEEP] time. It's been dragging out for awhile.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Looks like they said Devin Lloyd will miss "a little time" with a hamstring injury. I won't let it work me up too much. Listen, this is why Baalke looks like a damn mastermind having drafted Chad Muma in the 3rd RD and signing Oluokon in free agency. There's plenty of depth and potential on the defense at the moment to where we shouldn't panic personnel wise.

The average amount of time lost in the NFL with a hamstring injury is right around 12 - 13 days. No biggie.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

My expectation bar is so low after last year I'll be happy just hearing that players are happy and no news stories of how much guys hate this and that.

The fact we don't have to hear about how Tebow ran a route is a huge step forward!!

(07-25-2022, 07:52 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: My expectation bar is so low after last year I'll be happy just hearing that players are happy and no news stories of how much guys hate this and that.

The fact we don't have to hear about how Tebow ran a route is a huge step forward!!
Or about Lawrence splitting first team reps with Minshew!

I think this may be my biggest gripe out of the whole thing. Minshew was never going to be the QB week 1 and yet did this fake competition which took away valuable first team reps from Lawrence.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022, 07:59 PM by Bullseye.)

(07-25-2022, 01:40 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

I thought public and press weren't allowed to be there as it is at Episcopal?

I have repeatedly heard the public would not be allowed because there was n way to accommodate the general public.

I have heard nothing about any inability to accommodate the media.  Considering 1010XL had a contingent there, including Searcy, I don't think there are any restrictions on local media.

(07-25-2022, 04:17 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

I heard the Kirk one was a slight overthrow and would have been a great catch to make. Still a "drop" but understandable. The Jones one was said to have hit him right in the numbers. THAT'S the problem drops.

I heard the same thing about the Jones drop.

Kirk had the play of the practice on a pass from Lawrence.

(07-25-2022, 07:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 07:52 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: My expectation bar is so low after last year I'll be happy just hearing that players are happy and no news stories of how much guys hate this and that.

Or about Lawrence splitting first team reps with Minshew!

I think this may be my biggest gripe out of the whole thing. Minshew was never going to be the QB week 1 and yet did this fake competition which took away valuable first team reps from Lawrence.

In the past, rookie QB's may need a year to get everything together with playbook, system etc but in the modern game, rookie QB's come out pretty ready, especially the top talents. This ridiculous 'oh are they good enough?' , especially when it's the #1 pick just makes me laugh. Your picking first for a reason! Unless they have an injury you give them the reps and experience. QB is too important of a position.

Always laugh thinking back to Hue Jackson congratulating Mayfield for winning the #2 QB spot.

(07-25-2022, 04:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Looks like they said Devin Lloyd will miss "a little time" with a hamstring injury. I won't let it work me up too much. Listen, this is why Baalke looks like a damn mastermind having drafted Chad Muma in the 3rd RD and signing Oluokon in free agency. There's plenty of depth and potential on the defense at the moment to where we shouldn't panic personnel wise.

The average amount of time lost in the NFL with a hamstring injury is right around 12 - 13 days. No biggie.

While I am disappointed with the injury, I am perfectly fine with lloyd missing the HOF game if it means he returns completely healthy.  I don't want to see this hamstring injury linger all year long.

Any snoop sightings?