Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Throwback unis

Not the one I would have picked.

https://twitter.com/BoldTakePod/status/1...7079878656
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-25-2022, 12:01 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Not the one I would have picked.

Why?!?

Does anyone feel particularly nostalgic about that era of Jaguars football?

Shouldn't there be a rule that a throwback uniform actually has to be more than a decade old?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Week 5 - Jags vs Texans.   This game will likely get moved to the flex Sunday night timeslot (when both teams start 4-0), so our 5 year old throwback uni will be in the prime time spotlight.

Will they also wear the puke/urine stained uniforms?

(07-25-2022, 01:52 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

Will they also wear the puke/urine stained uniforms?

Damn I hope not.

If true, I'm extremely happy that they'll be available again. I've been trying to locate an authentic two tone helmet for awhile.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022, 07:30 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good God. No. That abomination should be banned. Bring back the '95 helmet.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

The only alternate uniform really worth putting back out there is the old school teal tops with the black pants and old logo on the helmets. Or, the OG teal with Jaguar car logo on them and the white pants. I hate the two tones. I hate the gold mustard uniforms. This team really knows how to screw up easy picks.

Also, why the hell not involve your fanbase on this? Take a vote on Twitter and Instagram and let the fans pick.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-25-2022, 04:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The only alternate uniform really worth putting back out there is the old school teal tops with the black pants and old logo on the helmets. Or, the OG teal with Jaguar car logo on them and the white pants. I hate the two tones. I hate the gold mustard uniforms. This team really knows how to screw up easy picks.

Also, why the hell not involve your fanbase on this? Take a vote on Twitter and Instagram and let the fans pick.

It is the Shad show. He obviously had something to do with that uniform. About that EVP hire?  Lol..   he just waited out the fanbase.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022, 06:20 PM by mikesez.)

Not what I would have picked either, but they did have their amazing 2017 season wearing that helmet.
Could be worse. They could have picked the teal sparkle helmet. No playoff games with that helmet.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Can this team not afford to spray paint the whole helmet?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(07-25-2022, 06:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: Not what I would have picked either, but they did have their amazing 2017 season wearing that helmet.
Could be worse.  They could have picked the teal sparkle helmet.  No playoff games with that helmet.

I'd like to have gone back to the 90s era uniform because that was our most successful period and the most "classic" uniform in the sense that it was the one the Jags originally took the field with (Jaguar car replica unis notwithstanding).

(07-25-2022, 04:05 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Good God. No.  That abomination should be banned. Bring back the '95 helmet.

The ‘95 home uni should be our permanent uniform.

I maintain that helmet is horrible mostly because of the execution. If the color change had been a gradual transition/fade with teal instead of gold or even changed color based on sunlight/night time, It would have worked much better.

I’m thinking you guys have been fooled.

(07-25-2022, 09:23 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I’m thinking you guys have been fooled.

Maybe. I haven't seen the team confirm it yet so maybe we're in luck!

(07-25-2022, 06:59 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 06:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: Not what I would have picked either, but they did have their amazing 2017 season wearing that helmet.
Could be worse.  They could have picked the teal sparkle helmet.  No playoff games with that helmet.

I'd like to have gone back to the 90s era uniform because that was our most successful period and the most "classic" uniform in the sense that it was the one the Jags originally took the field with (Jaguar car replica unis notwithstanding).

Considering this is Boselli HOF induction.  Why wouldn't you use the early era stuff?
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(07-25-2022, 09:23 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I’m thinking you guys have been fooled.

agreed

Pfft, we were amazing in 2017 and got rid of them going into 2018...

coiencidence? i don't think so..

(07-25-2022, 08:41 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I maintain that helmet is horrible mostly because of the execution. If the color change had been a gradual transition/fade with teal instead of gold or even changed color based on sunlight/night time, It would have worked much better.
100%

Personally I was a fan of the Pearl coated helmets.

[Image: LmpwZw]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]