Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Throwback unis

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2022, 12:10 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

What a joke, arguably the worst era of our franchise with bubble dummy Gus and Doug balogna Morrone. 2017 was a fluke… When I think vintage, good time Jags it’s the late 90s era uniform. Black helmets teal tops white bottoms. Throw the old logo on there too, the 2 tone helmets are amateur level [BLEEP] I’d expect to see from a cfl or arena team desperately seeking attention.

(07-25-2022, 04:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The only alternate uniform really worth putting back out there is the old school teal tops with the black pants and old logo on the helmets. Or, the OG teal with Jaguar car logo on them and the white pants. I hate the two tones. I hate the gold mustard uniforms. This team really knows how to screw up easy picks.

Also, why the hell not involve your fanbase on this? Take a vote on Twitter and Instagram and let the fans pick.

We do that now…. Lol our primary is teal on black… bring back the OG teal top white bottoms in the late 90s uniform. Anything else and you’re just trolling. Those were peak Jaguars and unique, always remembered all my friends loving those and laughing at each new iteration up until recently.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

These are my favorite of the "old-school" designs, but I don't really care too much about when and if they ever utilize a throwback, or which one they choose.

[Image: running-back-greg-jones-of-the-jacksonvi...=2048x2048]

(07-26-2022, 03:28 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 08:41 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I maintain that helmet is horrible mostly because of the execution. If the color change had been a gradual transition/fade with teal instead of gold or even changed color based on sunlight/night time, It would have worked much better.
100%

Personally I was a fan of the Pearl coated helmets.

[Image: LmpwZw]
These were bad too. The stripes would be all walked out depending on the size of the player and would look horrible. This team tries too hard to be cute spanning through both owners. Our “refresh” in the late 90s is by far our best uniforms, when we’d have teal/white then occasionally teal/black and then the back out prime time games. ?

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2022, 12:28 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-26-2022, 03:28 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 08:41 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I maintain that helmet is horrible mostly because of the execution. If the color change had been a gradual transition/fade with teal instead of gold or even changed color based on sunlight/night time, It would have worked much better.
100%

Personally I was a fan of the Pearl coated helmets.

[Image: LmpwZw]

There was nothing wrong with the teal sparkle helmet but all the other aspects of that uni are negative. The stripes and the borders on the numbers were so subtle that they look like more of an image artifact than an actual design feature.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2022, 12:34 PM by mikesez.)

The home uniform from 1998-2004 is the obvious choice for a throwback. Teal top, white numbers, crawling Jaguar, black helmet, white pants with fat teal and black stripes, black socks. 2nd choice would be the road uni from 2004-2008. White top, crawling jaguar, black numbers, plain black pants, black socks. The crawling Jaguar was there from 1995 to 2008. It deserves a brief comeback.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2022, 02:07 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

Reaaaallly stupid move.

(07-27-2022, 12:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: The home uniform from 1998-2004 is the obvious choice for a throwback.  Teal top, white numbers, crawling Jaguar, black helmet, white pants with fat teal and black stripes, black socks.  2nd choice would be the road uni from 2004-2008.  White top, crawling jaguar, black numbers, plain black pants, black socks.  The crawling Jaguar was there from 1995 to 2008.  It deserves a brief comeback.

We need to just go back to these unis full time. Similar to how the browns went back to theirs. Some uniforms are timeless and classy. Those were easily our best uniforms, and it isn't particularly close.

(07-27-2022, 02:06 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Reaaaallly stupid move.

(07-27-2022, 12:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: The home uniform from 1998-2004 is the obvious choice for a throwback.  Teal top, white numbers, crawling Jaguar, black helmet, white pants with fat teal and black stripes, black socks.  2nd choice would be the road uni from 2004-2008.  White top, crawling jaguar, black numbers, plain black pants, black socks.  The crawling Jaguar was there from 1995 to 2008.  It deserves a brief comeback.

We need to just go back to these unis full time. Similar to how the browns went back to theirs. Some uniforms are timeless and classy. Those were easily our best uniforms, and it isn't particularly close.

+1
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Throwbacks ought to be representing the origins or “past” times. That [BLEEP] seemed like it happened the other day. And the Jags sucked big ole donkey balls during that timeframe. I guess the car company won’t let them do the ‘90s unis? Whatever.