Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Athletic QB Tiers

I was watching The Rich Eisen Show and he mentioned this article. I found it and read it. What do you guys think? I didn't see it posted anywhere else if it was sorry please delete this thread.

https://theathletic.com/3443022/2022/07/...ers/?amp=1
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Appears reasonable.

“I don’t think he’s a natural thrower of the football — it’s not effortless for him,” a head coach said.

Not again!!!!

Hopefully Trevor quiets the critics this year. It's a big season for him. Wish we had a little more help for him.

(07-29-2022, 08:57 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: “I don’t think he’s a natural thrower of the football — it’s not effortless for him,” a head coach said.

Not again!!!!

Opinions vary
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I expect him to reach tier 2 probably in 2023. He will never reach tier 1 imo.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(07-29-2022, 10:04 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I expect him to reach tier 2 probably in 2023. He will never reach tier 1 imo.

Honestly, what makes you say that? 

Physically he has everything to be Tier 1, mentally he has the work ethic to be tier 1, coaching Pederson had Wentz as Tier 1.....

I see zero reason why he can't get to Tier 1.

He's much more likely to get to that level than Allen was at this point of their careers.

23rd out of 32nd is fair given last year and now the current state of the roster and new coaching staff in place. I think by the end of the year though he's going to fall into that high end tier II list. What you want to see is more games like he had in the home finale at least six times per year. Where he's just clicking, moving the pocket around, getting the team into a position to put at least three points on the board, etc.

He's going to flourish with Pederson here. I have absolutely ZERO doubts about that.

He ran the RPO out of Clemson. If you go back and watch his 2nd year there he was doing a lot more with his legs. Moving outside of the pocket and making throws on the run.

With that said. I would say Lawrence's play will fall in line with middle of the pack to above average this year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

hmm

(07-29-2022, 10:23 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(07-29-2022, 10:04 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I expect him to reach tier 2 probably in 2023. He will never reach tier 1 imo.

Honestly, what makes you say that? 

Physically he has everything to be Tier 1, mentally he has the work ethic to be tier 1, coaching Pederson had Wentz as Tier 1.....

He's much more likely to get to that level than Allen was at this point of their careers.

All that I've seen from him so far. Even with all the crap he had to deal with it, a guy with tier 1 potential would have showed more.

He is more than welcome to prove me wrong though, I just don't see that "generational talent".
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(07-29-2022, 08:57 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: “I don’t think he’s a natural thrower of the football — it’s not effortless for him,” a head coach said.

Not again!!!!

Lol .... this reminds we of when Bortles came out and stated that he's not a natural thrower and it takes effort to throw a spiral.  Wish he would have told GMs that prior to the draft !!!

IMO - Trevor likely leapfrogs seven players listed ahead of him here with his play in 2022 under Pederson.

(07-29-2022, 12:01 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(07-29-2022, 10:23 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Honestly, what makes you say that? 

All that I've seen from him so far. Even with all the crap he had to deal with it, a guy with tier 1 potential would have showed more.

He is more than welcome to prove me wrong though, I just don't see that "generational talent".
So what did Josh Allen flash in his rookie year that made you think he would be in tier 1?

And I’m also curious as to which QBs are in your personal tier 1 and 2.

(07-29-2022, 02:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-29-2022, 12:01 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: All that I've seen from him so far. Even with all the crap he had to deal with it, a guy with tier 1 potential would have showed more.

So what did Josh Allen flash in his rookie year that made you think he would be in tier 1?

I didn't see enough of Josh Allen as a rookie and while he was one of my favorite players in that draft I never said he would be a tier 1 for sure. Physically, he is superior to Trevor in every way, faster, stronger overall and a much better arm, so, in that way he was already elite. Anyway, I would bet that Allen (while also not having a great rookie year) showed more potential than Trevor... also everybody and their grandmas knew Allen needed time to develop.

On tier 1 I'd put the same guys except Herbert. He has a real chance to become tier 1 soon but he is not there yet imo.

You guys tell me exactly what have you seen from Trevor to believe he will be tier 1. I've seen nothing except 1 pass in 18 games.

(07-29-2022, 03:17 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(07-29-2022, 02:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So what did Josh Allen flash in his rookie year that made you think he would be in tier 1?

I didn't see enough of Josh Allen as a rookie and while he was one of my favorite players in that draft I never said he would be a tier 1 for sure. Physically, he is superior to Trevor in every way, faster, stronger overall and a much better arm, so, in that way he was already elite. Anyway, I would bet that Allen (while also not having a great rookie year) showed more potential than Trevor... also everybody and their grandmas knew Allen needed time to develop.

On tier 1 I'd put the same guys except Herbert. He has a real chance to become tier 1 soon but he is not there yet imo.

You guys tell me exactly what have you seen from Trevor to believe he will be tier 1. I've seen nothing except 1 pass in 18 games.
I don’t think he will be in tier 1 next year but he has every single tool to be there at some point. It’s the reason he went #1 and was so highly touted.

Rogers and Murray are waaaay too high.

You can’t grade Trevor on last season due to Meyer

I liked Josh Allen from day one. Which is crazy because I really felt like the kid wasn't going to amount to much in the NFL. He played with a lot of reckless abandon. He really reminds me of a bigger and faster version of Brett Favre. I really enjoy the way that kid plays football. Same with Patrick Mahomes.

The good news for Trevor is that he's in a similar situation going into year two. He can build on his TD:INT ratio, he can get his accuracy up, he can really have more fun in this offense with Pederson. I really think Lawrence was SEVERELY handcuffed last year with Urban Miller in the building. From the beginning, just taking training camp snaps away from him was a mistake. There was no structure. Always drama and tension within the building. It was just a [BLEEP] show.

Josh at least had McDermott from the beginning up there in Buffalo and it enabled him to have some stability. I think Lawrence has all the tools and skills in the world to be as good as anybody. He just has to click with Pederson and they have to keep building around him to elevate his play.

Wouldn't surprise me if this team sneaks into the play-off's. Hear me now. Believe me later. There's a lot of good things to like with him essentially getting back into an RPO style of offense. Pederson is going to play to Lawrence's strengths. Rather than have him sit back in the pocket like a wounded duck with no real game plan just to get lit up 40, 50 pass attempts.

I expect more running out of Lawrence this year and more freedom to create.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-29-2022, 03:39 PM)Ordar Wrote: Rogers and Murray are waaaay too high.

You can’t grade Trevor on last season due to Meyer

Rodgers? Like Aaron Rodgers? ???. Guy is one of the best QBs of all tiem coming off B2B MVPs.