Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College Prospects - 2023

(12-30-2022, 07:05 AM)wg171 Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 05:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I recently saw footage of Johnston that gave me a better idea of his speed.  I feel better about him as a prospect because of this.  I don't think he lasts until our pick.

Agreed. At this point Johnston doesn’t seem realistic.

I’m currently looking hard at O-Line and corner. Namely Cam Smith.

Yesterday I got a look at Cam Smith.

Today I saw Clark Phillips out of Utah.

Very impressive playing the ball.  Drives well...good hands and anticipation for the INT.

https://youtu.be/BrrgRNG90EY

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quentin Johnston please. He's a game changer.

(12-31-2022, 08:21 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Quentin Johnston please. He's a game changer.
Jags will be out of range for him but he’s been the one I want for a while now.

Electric.

(12-31-2022, 08:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 08:21 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Quentin Johnston please. He's a game changer.
Jags will be out of range for him but he’s been the one I want for a while now.

Electric.

He is going to be very good, but I'd rather be playing meaningful games in January!

Ringo is getting cooked by Ohio State tonight. He gives up too many plays for my liking.

Ringo looks horrible

(12-31-2022, 11:52 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Ringo looks horrible

He's 82 years old tbf.
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

My new favorite guy for the Jaguars is Andrew Vorhees, the guard from USC. He spent 6 years at USC due to the covid rules so will be 24 when he enters the NFL. I look at this more as a positive since he will be an immediate plug and play interior lineman. He has played every position on the line except center. He is a natural leader with high character and the toughness needed at this position.

Right now, he is projected to go somewhere in the 2nd round. Some mocks actually have him being selected by the Jaguars in round 2 somewhere in the 50's. If he's still on the board when they pick he'd be my selection to strengthen the offensive line.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2023, 04:21 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-06-2023, 10:53 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: My new favorite guy for the Jaguars is Andrew Vorhees, the guard from USC. He spent 6 years at USC due to the covid rules so will be 24 when he enters the NFL. I look at this more as a positive since he will be an immediate plug and play interior lineman. He has played every position on the line except center. He is a natural leader with high character and the toughness needed at this position.

Right now, he is projected to go somewhere in the 2nd round. Some mocks actually have him being selected by the Jaguars in round 2 somewhere in the 50's. If he's still on the board when they pick he'd be my selection to strengthen the offensive line.

Good call out. Wouldn't mind the pick. Wouldn't be opposed to Torrence out of Florida as well if they like him enough picking from inside the 20's.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-06-2023, 04:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-06-2023, 10:53 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: My new favorite guy for the Jaguars is Andrew Vorhees, the guard from USC. He spent 6 years at USC due to the covid rules so will be 24 when he enters the NFL. I look at this more as a positive since he will be an immediate plug and play interior lineman. He has played every position on the line except center. He is a natural leader with high character and the toughness needed at this position.

Good call out. Wouldn't mind the pick. Wouldn't be opposed to Torrence out of Florida as well if they like him enough picking from inside the 20's.

Wouldn't mind Torrence at all, but feel pass rusher is a slightly bigger need- especially since Smoot and Key may not be returning. There are three Edge rushers who, following the Combine and individual interviews, MAY fit perfectly in the early 20's. Verse, Ojulari and Foskey should be evaluated thoroughly and hopefully the one they like most will be available. Ideally, all 3 will impress our brass meaning this position would be addressed in round 1. If Vorhees wows the coaches and GM's in the post-season, he likely will be taken earlier in round 2. If there are not any interior linemen worthy of the second round pick, there is no doubt that the Jaguars could find an excellent corner/nickelback at this spot. Emmanuel Forbes, Garrett Williams and Devon Witherspoon would all immediately improve the pass defense and it's likely that at least one of these will be available. An interior lineman could then be taken in the 3rd round as good players at this position often drop due to the fact that guards are not as highly regarded as most other positions. I saw a stat that indicated 46% of pro bowl guards over the past 10 years were taken in rounds 2 or 3. This bodes well for the Jaguars as long as Baalke/Pederson and Rauscher identify the right guy.

Our current team has surpassed all expectations, but to seriously contend for several Super Bowls during this decade Baalke must draft well. That's why it's so much fun to discuss the draft, even while we are one game away from the playoffs.

Dillan Gibbons would be pretty interesting. Watched him the last couple of years, was a ND transfer to FSU. Dude can block..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(12-30-2022, 01:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 07:05 AM)wg171 Wrote: Agreed. At this point Johnston doesn’t seem realistic.

I’m currently looking hard at O-Line and corner. Namely Cam Smith.

Yesterday I got a look at Cam Smith.

Today I saw Clark Phillips out of Utah.

Very impressive playing the ball.  Drives well...good hands and anticipation for the INT.

https://youtu.be/BrrgRNG90EY

Utah has been churning out some great defensive prospects now for awhile. Phillips looks great there. Wouldn't mind him at all.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Jared Verse just announced he is returning to FSU for senior season. Very surprised since he would have gone in the 1st round. Seminoles will be very tough next season.

I think we should draft Bennett in the 5th round to backup Trev

(01-10-2023, 01:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think we should draft Bennett in the 5th round  to backup Trev

That's fair.

(01-10-2023, 01:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think we should draft Bennett in the 5th round  to backup Trev

Good call. Bennett likely will have a nice career as a back-up q.b. He will be capable of coming in and winning a few games if Lawrence is out. Most late 5th round picks either don't make it at all or are out of the league quickly, so he'd be a great choice in the 5th.

The more I watch Lawrence in the pocket. The more I want an offensive lineman. I think they'll double dip along the offensive line and defensive line in this draft. Especially earlier on.

Really hate the fact that we passed up on Jamaree Salyer. He's been solid for the Chargers and played basically every position for my Bulldogs. With that said. They're still winning enough games to be in a play-off game this Saturday.

But, to take that next leap forward. To take the offense up to the next level. Lawrence absolutely MUST have more time in the pocket.

Where the hell is O-Linematters when we need him?

He's 25 lol

No thanks.

(01-10-2023, 03:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The more I watch Lawrence in the pocket. The more I want an offensive lineman. I think they'll double dip along the offensive line and defensive line in this draft. Especially earlier on.

Really hate the fact that we passed up on Jamaree Salyer. He's been solid for the Chargers and played basically every position for my Bulldogs. With that said. They're still winning enough games to be in a play-off game this Saturday.

But, to take that next leap forward. To take the offense up to the next level. Lawrence absolutely MUST have more time in the pocket.

He said he's become a Bengals fan, as I recall.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-10-2023, 04:37 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 03:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The more I watch Lawrence in the pocket. The more I want an offensive lineman. I think they'll double dip along the offensive line and defensive line in this draft. Especially earlier on.

He said he's become a Bengals fan, as I recall.

That's a shame.