Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College Prospects - 2023

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2023, 05:31 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-10-2023, 03:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 01:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think we should draft Bennett in the 5th round  to backup Trev
He's 25 lol

No thanks.

That's perfect, id rather a mature experienced QB.  I'll take a 7 or 8 year back up QB in the 5th

(01-10-2023, 03:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 01:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think we should draft Bennett in the 5th round  to backup Trev

Good call. Bennett likely will have a nice career as a back-up q.b. He will be capable of coming in and winning a few games if Lawrence is out. Most late 5th round picks either don't make it at all or are out of the league quickly, so he'd be a great choice in the 5th.
Exactly, and would be cheap

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2023, 06:16 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-10-2023, 05:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 03:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He's 25 lol

No thanks.

That's perfect, id rather a mature experienced QB.  I'll take a 7 or 8 year back up QB in the 5th

(01-10-2023, 03:23 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Good call. Bennett likely will have a nice career as a back-up q.b. He will be capable of coming in and winning a few games if Lawrence is out. Most late 5th round picks either don't make it at all or are out of the league quickly, so he'd be a great choice in the 5th.
He’s would be a 25 year old rookie back up. Not ideal for some like Trevor who is still young. An NFL vet is much better than a rookie.

He’s looks good because he’s playing with elite talent and he’s 5 years older than most of these kids.

Guess you liked Brandon Weedon coming out because he was “mature” and “experienced”.

He’s not experienced when it comes to the QB position in the NFL. I would rather take a skill player or more OLine help in the 5th.

(01-10-2023, 06:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 05:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's perfect, id rather a mature experienced QB.  I'll take a 7 or 8 year back up QB in the 5th

He’s would be a 25 year old rookie back up. Not ideal for some like Trevor who is still young. An NFL vet is much better than a rookie.

He’s looks good because he’s playing with elite talent and he’s 5 years older than most of these kids.

Guess you liked Brandon Weedon coming out because he was “mature” and “experienced”.

He’s not experienced when it comes to the QB position in the NFL. I would rather take a skill player or more OLine help in the 5th.
I'd rather have that cap space that you want to spend on a veteran QB.  I didn't like Weedon at all coming out, I thought he sucked.  I'd rather give that money that you want to spend on a vet QB to dline help

(01-10-2023, 06:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 06:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He’s would be a 25 year old rookie back up. Not ideal for some like Trevor who is still young. An NFL vet is much better than a rookie.

I'd rather have that cap space that you want to spend on a veteran QB.  I didn't like Weedon at all coming out, I thought he sucked.  I'd rather give that money that you want to spend on a vet QB to dline help
Well I would rather not have our 3rd year 23 year old QB try and mentor a 25 year old rookie. Pederson and Trevor need an experienced vet in that QB room instead of having to teach the ropes to a rookie.

Maybe Beathard wants to stay for a contract that doesn’t really effect the cap much. Who knows.

(01-10-2023, 05:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 04:37 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He said he's become a Bengals fan, as I recall.

That's a shame.

Yeah...as I recall, our first round pick was the last straw.

Funny thing is this year we're in the playoffs.

What does he he say now?

What if we wound up knocking the Bengals out of the playoffs?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-10-2023, 07:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 06:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd rather have that cap space that you want to spend on a veteran QB.  I didn't like Weedon at all coming out, I thought he sucked.  I'd rather give that money that you want to spend on a vet QB to dline help
Well I would rather not have our 3rd year 23 year old QB try and mentor a 25 year old rookie. Pederson and Trevor need an experienced vet in that QB room instead of having to teach the ropes to a rookie.

Maybe Beathard wants to stay for a contract that doesn’t really effect the cap much. Who knows.

Pederson and McCoy can be his mentors, both are ex QB's.  I don't think Trevor needs a vet backup QB to show him the ropes as it will be his 3rd year not his rookie year.

(01-10-2023, 07:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 07:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Well I would rather not have our 3rd year 23 year old QB try and mentor a 25 year old rookie. Pederson and Trevor need an experienced vet in that QB room instead of having to teach the ropes to a rookie.

Pederson and McCoy can be his mentors, both are ex QB's.  I don't think Trevor needs a vet backup QB to show him the ropes as it will be his 3rd year not his rookie year.
I never said Trevor needs a vet to show him the ropes.

It’s about Pederson, McCoy and Trevor having to show the ropes to a 25 year old rookie. The vet should be the one in the QB room saying “hey. I played this coach a couple years ago and he likes to do this” or offering his advice since he’s played in the league. Bennett would offer absolutely nothing in those QB rooms.

I personally just don’t like the idea of a 25 year old rookie QB in general and then add in the fact this team has plenty other holes to fill. Let’s not waste a draft pick on a guy who will (hopefully) never see the field.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023, 06:05 PM by AnOldBrownie. Edited 1 time in total.)

What about the OG out of USC? Andrew Vorhees?

We need to get better at the guard position. Guys that can block the Titan's interior DLinemen. We couldn't run the ball at all against them...in both games we played.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(01-11-2023, 06:04 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: What about the OG out of USC? Andrew Vorhees?

We need to get better at the guard position.  Guys that can block the Titan's interior DLinemen.    We couldn't run the ball at all against them...in both games we played.

If we don't get Torrence he's probably my next guy.  Beebe is going back to Kansas St.

At guard should I say

If torrence or skoronski aren't available

Might be worth a look
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJuEjGufcuk

(01-30-2023, 11:09 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: If torrence or skoronski aren't available

Might be worth a look

Good sleeper pick. I like this prospect.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-31-2023, 11:04 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-30-2023, 11:09 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: If torrence or skoronski aren't available

Might be worth a look

Good sleeper pick. I like this prospect.

He had a good season but when I watch him nothing jumps out imo.  He doesn't look all that explosive.  I wouldn't take him in the 1st

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2023, 02:16 PM by cat bells.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah...nkings-1-0

Daniel Jeremiahs top 50 prospects just to add to the pot of knowledge!

Interesting to see he hasn't ranked a lot of prospects in line with some others I've seen.

Beyond that all l i would add is that it warns the cockles of my heart to see that many tight ends on that list, bodes well for us!

(01-31-2023, 02:15 PM)cat bells Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah...nkings-1-0

Daniel Jeremiahs top 50 prospects just to add to the pot of knowledge!

Interesting to see he hasn't ranked a lot of prospects in line with some others I've seen.

Beyond that all l i would add is that it warns the cockles of my heart to see that many tight ends on that list, bodes well for us!

Whole lot of Edge and CB on that list.

Might be worth a look

I LOVE this guy. He's so versatile. He can play 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, 4-3 DT. He's a pass rushing threat wherever you like him up. He may be my favorite, realistic option for us in the draft.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 09:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

One of my safties in the draft in the 2nd or 3rd round
https://twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/stat...highlights

another really good safety at the SB to look at

https://twitter.com/CamMellor/status/162...highlights

https://twitter.com/robertkschmitz/statu...highlights

Dude looks like a beast, also had 6 picks on the year

https://youtu.be/GMfcAozI_Tg

(02-02-2023, 09:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One of my safties in the draft in the 2nd or 3rd round
https://twitter.com/nickbaumgardner/stat...highlights

another really good safety at the SB to look at

https://twitter.com/CamMellor/status/162...highlights

https://twitter.com/robertkschmitz/statu...highlights

I really like both of those Safeties. Illinois had a ridiculously good secondary this past season. Along with Brown they had the best CB in this draft class, Devon Witherspoon and I am also a big fan of their S/Nickle Corner Jartavius Martin. Martin had 2 FF 3 int's and 11 PD last season. They also had a pair of very good DT's as well. If they had any semblance of a passing game, they would have been a threat in the Big Ten.