Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College Prospects - 2023

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 10:45 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-08-2022, 07:31 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 05:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah I've seen that.

You believe tankathon.com over the NFL?

I believe Tankathon accounts for a season long SOS projection. Typically Tankathon is more accurate.

SOS changes through out the season.  So nfl.com was right then?  If the season ended today we pick 6th? Tankathon.com is just a projection, they don't know how these upcoming games turn out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-09-2022, 10:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 07:31 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I believe Tankathon accounts for a season long SOS projection. Typically Tankathon is more accurate.

SOS changes through out the season.  So nfl.com was right then?  If the season ended today we pick 6th?  Tankathon.com is just a projection, they don't know how these upcoming games turn out.

It's not a matter of right or wrong. They are looking at the picture from two different angles. NFLN is listing the as of today standing. Period. Tankathon is guessing where we are likely to end up at the end of the season. Full stop.

Either one may be accurate, both may miss wildly if we go on a streak. It's all a matter of entertainment and speculation at this point, from either perspective. When was the last time a mid-season mock played out exactly as scripted when April rolled around, whether that be the order of players taken, the teams in those spots, or the trades that would throw the whole thing into chaos?

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 11:54 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-09-2022, 11:48 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 10:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: SOS changes through out the season.  So nfl.com was right then?  If the season ended today we pick 6th?  Tankathon.com is just a projection, they don't know how these upcoming games turn out.

It's not a matter of right or wrong. They are looking at the picture from two different angles. NFLN is listing the as of today standing. Period. Tankathon is guessing where we are likely to end up at the end of the season. Full stop.

Either one may be accurate, both may miss wildly if we go on a streak. It's all a matter of entertainment and speculation at this point, from either perspective. When was the last time a mid-season mock played out exactly as scripted when April rolled around, whether that be the order of players taken, the teams in those spots, or the trades that would throw the whole thing into chaos?
I get it, I'm looking at what the draft order is right now.  Not a guess on what it will be season end.  Taking it week by week to see where we are at. We are in 6th right now

(11-09-2022, 10:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 07:31 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I believe Tankathon accounts for a season long SOS projection. Typically Tankathon is more accurate.

SOS changes through out the season.  So nfl.com was right then?  If the season ended today we pick 6th?  Tankathon.com is just a projection, they don't know how these upcoming games turn out.

Guess what? The season doesn't end today, so who cares where we currently pick.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 04:40 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-09-2022, 04:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 10:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: SOS changes through out the season.  So nfl.com was right then?  If the season ended today we pick 6th?  Tankathon.com is just a projection, they don't know how these upcoming games turn out.

Guess what? The season doesn't end today, so who cares where we currently pick.

Then why comment saying Tankathon has it at 8 if the season does end today?  Lol

One could mock us anywhere being the season doesn't end today. Might be picking at 32 if we win the SB.

(11-09-2022, 04:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 04:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Guess what? The season doesn't end today, so who cares where we currently pick.

Then why comment saying Tankathon has it at 8 if the season does end today?  Lol

One could mock us anywhere being the season doesn't end today. Might be picking at 32 if we win the SB.

1) nobody said Tankathon has it at 8 if the season ended today.
2) you really don't understand how projections work, do you? I mean, I guess the meteorologist could predict snow in July, since it could happen, if we stopped considering all the other factors that might influence that outcome and a billion other things lined up *just* right.

Beast

https://youtu.be/fcYOcp9k_2Q

(11-10-2022, 08:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Beast

Yeah. Been keeping tabs on this guy too now. He's starting to rise up fast within his position group. I'll keep saying it man, LOL. I really would like to see this team double down at the WR and TE position in next year's draft. 

Even with Ridley expected to be in the mix next year and hopefully a resigned Engram and/or Arnold. Having good, quality depth can never hurt your team's offense and QB's overall development.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-11-2022, 02:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 08:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Beast

Yeah. Been keeping tabs on this guy too now. He's starting to rise up fast within his position group. I'll keep saying it man, LOL. I really would like to see this team double down at the WR and TE position in next year's draft. 

Even with Ridley expected to be in the mix next year and hopefully a resigned Engram and/or Arnold. Having good, quality depth can never hurt your team's offense and QB's overall development.
I'd be good with it but if I have a higher rated player at another position I'm taking him.  If we move out of position for Carter, Ringo and Porter Jr have to be in consideration there.  Still a long way to go though

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022, 01:25 PM by NewJagsCity.)

I've watched a couple of TCU games now, and can now see why everyone raves about Quentin Johnson. How high of a draft pick would we need to have a shot at him?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-14-2022, 01:25 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I've watched a couple of TCU games now, and can now see why everyone raves about Quentin Johnson. How high of a draft pick would we need to have a shot at him?

The combine could change things, but as of this post I’d guess from 5th - 7th

I'm also starting to come around on Johnston, who should be available when the Jaguars pick somewhere between 5-8 in round 1. Imagine a receiving corps of:

Quinton Johnston: classic X receiver

Calvin Ridley: Maybe the best route runner prior to being suspended

Christian Kirk: A true slot receiver capable of putting up Wes Welker type numbers with Johnston and Ridley on the outside

This offense with Etienne and Engram (new deal) has the potential of rivaling the Patriots of 2007 and Vikings of 1997 (Moss and Carter). Before criticizing this comparison, the key word is "potential." Can Ridley return to pre-suspension level of play? Can Johnston transition t the NFL where the cornerbacks will be much tougher to beat? Finally, how would these 3 "studs" handle not getting as many targets as if they were the only excellent receiver on their team? If they are "on board" with this I don't see how the Jaguars could pass on Johnson. The defense would benefit greatly by not having to be on the field nearly as much. I expect Lloyd and Walker to make big strides next season so the only big needs would be possibly at number 2 corner/nickel depending on how Williams progresses and defensive tackle/run stopper. Obviously the pass rush must improve, but I believe the improvement of Walker and Lloyd should help this greatly.

What if Jalen Carter is also on the board (Anderson gone) when the Jaguars pick? I still would take Johnston over him based on his very high ceiling. Taking a left guard in the mid-rounds should also be a priority along with a developmental tackle depending on their plans for Taylor and Little.

I might be wrong, but I believe the fan base would go nuts in a positive way with the selection of Johnston which would have to please Shad Khan very much.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2022, 11:08 PM by Caldrac.)

(11-14-2022, 02:46 PM)wg171 Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 01:25 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I've watched a couple of TCU games now, and can now see why everyone raves about Quentin Johnson. How high of a draft pick would we need to have a shot at him?

The combine could change things, but as of this post I’d guess from 5th - 7th
He's a top ten pick at the minimum. Especially during a copy cat league where the current trend is to draft or wheel and deal for a big time receiver with premium picks.

After what Hill has done in Miami and what Jefferson, Chase and Diggs continue to do it just drives up the need for a WR1. The two receivers out of Ohio St. this year have also flashed in the NFL early.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I like Johnston but I also still really like Hyatt.

Back on the Jalen Carter hype train. Get him. Plug him in next to Fatukasi and Hamilton and let the kid work. Should help free up Walker and Allen. They can probably land a solid receiver on the 2nd night of the draft. Whether it's Demus, Perry, Hyatt, etc. Just grab one. Figure out how to land a TE like Kincaid, Washington, LaPorta or Kuntz and go from there.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2022, 05:49 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 8 times in total.)

(11-15-2022, 04:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Back on the Jalen Carter hype train. Get him. Plug him in next to Fatukasi and Hamilton and let the kid work. Should help free up Walker and Allen. They can probably land a solid receiver on the 2nd night of the draft. Whether it's Demus, Perry, Hyatt, etc. Just grab one. Figure out how to land a TE like Kincaid, Washington, LaPorta or Kuntz and go from there.

That 2nd round has always been that prime spot and great value spot to get a WR imo.  Not all drafts but most. Metcalf, Thomas, Brown, ARob, Adams Pickens, Watson, Higgins, Pittman etc. I'd add McLaurin and Godwin but they were in the 3rd as well as Lockett

(11-15-2022, 05:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 04:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Back on the Jalen Carter hype train. Get him. Plug him in next to Fatukasi and Hamilton and let the kid work. Should help free up Walker and Allen. They can probably land a solid receiver on the 2nd night of the draft. Whether it's Demus, Perry, Hyatt, etc. Just grab one. Figure out how to land a TE like Kincaid, Washington, LaPorta or Kuntz and go from there.

That 2nd round has always been that prime spot and great value spot to get a WR imo.  Not all drafts but most. Metcalf, Thomas, Brown, ARob, Adams Pickens, Watson, Higgins, Pittman etc.  I'd add McLaurin and Godwin but they were in the 3rd as well as Lockett

That is all true. However, if Johnston tests out with Randy Moss-like numbers and has zero character concerns I'm not passing on him.

(11-16-2022, 12:48 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 05:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That 2nd round has always been that prime spot and great value spot to get a WR imo.  Not all drafts but most. Metcalf, Thomas, Brown, ARob, Adams Pickens, Watson, Higgins, Pittman etc.  I'd add McLaurin and Godwin but they were in the 3rd as well as Lockett

That is all true. However, if Johnston tests out with Randy Moss-like numbers and has zero character concerns I'm not passing on him.

Yeah, this franchise needs to land a Jamarr Chase-like WR in the next draft. He singlehandedly changed the Bengals offense last year.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-16-2022, 01:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 12:48 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: That is all true. However, if Johnston tests out with Randy Moss-like numbers and has zero character concerns I'm not passing on him.

Yeah, this franchise needs to land a Jamarr Chase-like WR in the next draft. He singlehandedly changed the Bengals offense last year.

Quentin Johnston on the opening night of the draft or Dontay Demus Jr. in RD2, maybe A.T Perry in RD3. Those are about as good as it gets for me. 

Jalin Hyatt out of Tennessee is also ridiculous. I think he'll blow the doors off at the combine and at his PRO day though and end up going much higher than expected. Just like Johan Dotson did when he came out of Penn St. last year.

(11-16-2022, 04:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 01:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Yeah, this franchise needs to land a Jamarr Chase-like WR in the next draft. He singlehandedly changed the Bengals offense last year.

Quentin Johnston on the opening night of the draft or Dontay Demus Jr. in RD2, maybe A.T Perry in RD3. Those are about as good as it gets for me. 

Jalin Hyatt out of Tennessee is also ridiculous. I think he'll blow the doors off at the combine and at his PRO day though and end up going much higher than expected. Just like Johan Dotson did when he came out of Penn St. last year.
Where is he expected to go?