Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College Prospects - 2023

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2022, 10:59 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-11-2022, 10:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 08:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: They’ll likely be out of range for most of the players we have been discussing for the first round.
Yeah. I think Michael Mayer becomes a real possibility though.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Mayer is the best TE to come out in the last couple years.  Id be more than happy with Mayer on top of bringing back Engram.  Then Doug could use the 2 TE sets that he likes to use with 2 good TEs.  Its just hard to say where we pick yet with this team.  You never know what Jag team you will get so its hard to say how many more games we will win.

(12-11-2022, 10:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 10:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. I think Michael Mayer becomes a real possibility though.

For me to take a TE that high, they really gotta be special.

Admittedly, I don’t know much about Mayer

Mayer is a damn good TE

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-11-2022, 10:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 10:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. I think Michael Mayer becomes a real possibility though.

Mayer is the best TE to come out in the last couple years.  Id be more than happy with Mayer on top of bringing back Engram.  Then Doug could use the 2 TE sets that he likes to use with 2 good TEs.  Its just hard to say where we pick yet with this team.  You never know what Jag team you will get so its hard to say how many more games we will win.

(12-11-2022, 10:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: For me to take a TE that high, they really gotta be special.

Admittedly, I don’t know much about Mayer

Mayer is a damn good TE
I don’t know much about Mayer but not sure he can be better than Pitts.

(12-11-2022, 11:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 10:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mayer is the best TE to come out in the last couple years.  Id be more than happy with Mayer on top of bringing back Engram.  Then Doug could use the 2 TE sets that he likes to use with 2 good TEs.  Its just hard to say where we pick yet with this team.  You never know what Jag team you will get so its hard to say how many more games we will win.

Mayer is a damn good TE
I don’t know much about Mayer but not sure he can be better than Pitts.
Pitts was drafted 4th overall.   With that said out of the last 3 drafts and the 1 coming up.  I'd say Mayer is the 2nd best TE out of the 4 drafts behind Pitts.  Mayer is the best TE to ever play at ND and there have been some good ones to come out of there.

(12-11-2022, 11:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 11:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I don’t know much about Mayer but not sure he can be better than Pitts.
Pitts was drafted 4th overall.   With that said out of the last 3 drafts and the 1 coming up.  I'd say Mayer is the 2nd best TE out of the 4 drafts behind Pitts.  Mayer is the best TE to ever play at ND and there have been some good ones to come out of there.
Lol I know where Pitts was drafted.

So when you say Mayer is the best TE to come out in the last few years, I’m calling BS because that player is Pitts.

(12-12-2022, 08:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 11:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Pitts was drafted 4th overall.   With that said out of the last 3 drafts and the 1 coming up.  I'd say Mayer is the 2nd best TE out of the 4 drafts behind Pitts.  Mayer is the best TE to ever play at ND and there have been some good ones to come out of there.
Lol I know where Pitts was drafted.

So when you say Mayer is the best TE to come out in the last few years, I’m calling BS because that player is Pitts.

Nevermind lol

No doubt Mayer can be really good. However, since this team already has a good tight end who only recently 28 I'd go in a different direction. Engram is currently 5th among tight ends in total yards. Despite salary cap issues for next season, he is not the guy to let go. The team can not re-sign Taylor and release Griffin. Those 2 moves save a lot of money. Other casualties are likely to be RRH and Chaisson. I'm sure Engram would like to stay with Lawrence if the Jags make a reasonable offer. How long has it been since the Jags had a legitimate receiving tight end to help out the quarterback?

The draft will have several good options for the Jaguars in positions of need. Currently they are sitting at the 11th spot. No way to know who will be available, but there should be a very good cornerback, offensive tackle and possibly a true number 1 receiver (Johnston). I'd take the BAP from this group rather than Mayer.

(12-12-2022, 01:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 08:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol I know where Pitts was drafted.

Nevermind lol
Accountability. We all have to take it sometimes!

(12-12-2022, 01:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 01:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Nevermind lol
Accountability. We all have to take it sometimes!

Reading comprehension wasn't ever your strong suit.

(12-12-2022, 01:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 01:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Accountability. We all have to take it sometimes!

Yeah, he should of paid attention in school.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2022, 02:42 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-12-2022, 01:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 01:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Accountability. We all have to take it sometimes!

Wait wait wait.

You said Mayer is the best TE prospect to come out in years. Then I said "He's not. That would be Pitts". Then you changed your original thought to "2nd best TE to come out in the last few years" and I'm the one with reading comprehension issues?

Good grief, you're dense.

Also. "wasn't ever" your strong suit hahaha Bad english stay bad

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2022, 04:43 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-12-2022, 02:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 01:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Reading comprehension wasn't ever your strong suit.
Wait wait wait.

You said Mayer is the best TE prospect to come out in years. Then I said "He's not. That would be Pitts". Then you changed your original thought to "2nd best TE to come out in the last few years" and I'm the one with reading comprehension issues?

Go read it again, i didnt change anything.  I said he's the best TE to come out in the last couple years.  Couple = 2, and he is.  I also said he's the 2nd best TE in the last 4 years only behind Pitts.  It was just your reading comprehension issues and your misunderstanding of the word "couple".  Pitts is a unicorn for any position with his size and speed and he was a top 4 pick.  If we draft Mayer he won't even be a top 10 pick if we win a few more games. A huge difference from a top 4 pick and a teens pick

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2022, 05:56 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-12-2022, 04:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 02:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait wait wait.

Go read it again, i didnt change anything.  I said he's the best TE to come out in the last couple years.  Couple = 2, and he is.  I also said he's the 2nd best TE in the last 4 years only behind Pitts.  It was just your reading comprehension issues and your misunderstanding of the word "couple".  Pitts is a unicorn for any position with his size and speed and he was a top 4 pick.  If we draft Mayer he won't even be a top 10 pick if we win a few more games.  A huge difference from a top 4 pick and a teens pick
So if we are talking 2 years, you realize that would include Pitts? He was drafted in 2021…. Which is inside the last couple years. Like you said. 

Sorry that you don’t understand math.

It’s like arguing with a toddler.

“When I say last couple years, I mean 2022 and then the future class of 2023. Not 2022 and 2021….”

(12-12-2022, 05:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 04:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Go read it again, i didnt change anything.  I said he's the best TE to come out in the last couple years.  Couple = 2, and he is.  I also said he's the 2nd best TE in the last 4 years only behind Pitts.  It was just your reading comprehension issues and your misunderstanding of the word "couple".  Pitts is a unicorn for any position with his size and speed and he was a top 4 pick.  If we draft Mayer he won't even be a top 10 pick if we win a few more games.  A huge difference from a top 4 pick and a teens pick
So if we are talking 2 years, you realize that would include Pitts? He was drafted in 2021…. Which is inside the last couple years. Like you said. 

“When I say last couple years, I mean 2022 and then the future class of 2023. Not 2022 and 2021….”

Its not that hard, this years class, and last years class = 2. Yes, draft class of 23 played this year.  The last 2 college football season that have been played, which is these last couple years, he is the best TE to come out.  I know this is very confusing for you.

(12-12-2022, 06:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 05:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So if we are talking 2 years, you realize that would include Pitts? He was drafted in 2021…. Which is inside the last couple years. Like you said. 

Its not that hard, this years class, and last years class = 2. Yes, draft class of 23 played this year.  The last 2 college football season that have been played, which is these last couple years, he is the best TE to come out.  I know this is very confusing for you.
This years class = Travon Walkers class
Last years class = Trevor and Pitts

It’s like talking to a brick wall. You’ll do anything to get out of saying “I was wrong”. It’s truly incredible.

You’re changing the meaning of “last couple” to fit your brand new definition so it doesn’t include Pitts. 

This years class is still playing…. Wait for it… this year in the NFL! And last years class, wait for it…. Played last year.

You can’t use the term “this years class” on a class that hasn’t even been formed yet. And if you honestly expected people to understand that’s what you meant, then you’re delusional.

This is a pointless topic but it’s infuriating trying to have a convo with you because you don’t understand basic English concepts.

(12-12-2022, 07:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 06:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its not that hard, this years class, and last years class = 2. Yes, draft class of 23 played this year.  The last 2 college football season that have been played, which is these last couple years, he is the best TE to come out.  I know this is very confusing for you.
This years class = Travon Walkers class

It’s like talking to a brick wall. You’ll do anything to get out of saying “I was wrong”. It’s truly incredible.

You’re changing the meaning of “last couple” to fit your brand new definition so it doesn’t include Pitts. 

This years class is still playing…. Wait for it… this year in the NFL! And last years class, wait for it…. Played last year.

You can’t use the term “this years class” on a class that hasn’t even been formed yet. And if you honestly expected people to understand that’s what you meant, then you’re delusional.

This is a pointless topic but it’s infuriating trying to have a convo with you because you don’t understand basic English concepts.
So we just ignore this class coming out like they are not there when the regular season is over?  I knew this was going to be too hard for you.

(12-12-2022, 07:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 07:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: This years class = Travon Walkers class

So we just ignore this class coming out like they are not there when the regular season is over?  I knew this was going to be too hard for you.
Yes. Because they are not here yet!

It’s next years class dude because it’s going to be NEXT YEAR…. In 2023.

You’re just not bright enough to know what words mean.

I’m done arguing this because there’s no chance you’ll admit you were wrong or (even more likely) you truly don’t understand what you’re trying to convey.

(12-12-2022, 07:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 07:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So we just ignore this class coming out like they are not there when the regular season is over?  I knew this was going to be too hard for you.
Yes. Because they are not here yet!

I’m done arguing this because there’s no chance you’ll admit you were wrong or (even more likely) you truly don’t understand what you’re trying to convey.
Lololol.  So if someone comes up to you and says next years QB class is going to be damn good you would thing they are talking about Young and Barrett with this college regular season already over?

(12-12-2022, 07:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 07:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yes. Because they are not here yet!

Lololol.  So if someone comes up to you and says next years QB class is going to be damn good you would thing they are talking about Young and Barrett with this college regular season already over?
Ummm yes because they are coming out next year…. In next years class…. In the next year…. Which is 2023…. Because this year…. Is 2022.

(12-12-2022, 07:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 07:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lololol.  So if someone comes up to you and says next years QB class is going to be damn good you would thing they are talking about Young and Barrett with this college regular season already over?
Ummm yes because they are coming out next year…. In next years class…. In the next year…. Which is 2023…. Because this year…. Is 2022.
Why is the Rams listed as the 2021 SB Champs when they won the SB in 2022?  
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Rams

I'm sure this will have you going in circles to understand

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2022, 09:04 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-12-2022, 08:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 07:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Ummm yes because they are coming out next year…. In next years class…. In the next year…. Which is 2023…. Because this year…. Is 2022.
Why is the Rams listed as the 2021 SB Champs when they won the SB in 2022?  
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Rams

I'm sure this will have you going in circles to understand
Do me a favor. Google 2022 SB winner and 2021 SB winner and see who pops up…..

This is also why they have Roman numerals for SBs instead of listing the year. Because the year starts in one season and ends in another.

Anything else simpleton?