Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College Prospects - 2023

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2022, 08:52 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-12-2022, 08:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 08:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why is the Rams listed as the 2021 SB Champs when they won the SB in 2022?  
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Rams

I'm sure this will have you going in circles to understand
Do me a favor. Google 2022 SB winner and 2021 SB winner and see who pops up…..

This is also why they have Roman numerals for SBs instead of listing the year. Because the season starts in one season and ends in another.

Anything else simpleton?
Ok, here's the full list.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_..._champions

It's good to see you are finally starting to catch on. They put it in Roman numerals for people like you

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-12-2022, 08:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 08:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Do me a favor. Google 2022 SB winner and 2021 SB winner and see who pops up…..

This is also why they have Roman numerals for SBs instead of listing the year. Because the season starts in one season and ends in another.

Anything else simpleton?
Ok, here's the full list.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_..._champions

It's good to see you are finally starting to catch on.  They put it in Roman numerals for people like you
So it went from you not understanding what “last couple years” means to you just listing the SB champs?

Yea… that checks out.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2022, 11:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

We could be in Ringo range when we pick. I didn't want him at 7 but in the mid teens I'd like the pick. He gets beat at times but his potential is as high as almost any player in the draft and lock down corner potential. He had all the tools if he can put it together

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2022, 11:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

This another corner I really like. We need another enforcer in in the secondary like Weatherspoon
https://youtu.be/2bCZHK94oWA

(12-13-2022, 11:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This another corner I really like.  We need another enforcer in in the secondary like Weatherspoon
https://youtu.be/2bCZHK94oWA

This seems to be a really good corner class. I wouldn’t be surprised if we draft 2 of them.

(12-11-2022, 06:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 11:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Still want this guy
https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/...199995184/
Yeah. I think people will get caught up on Johnston's size and speed but Hyatt is a game changing, field flipping receiving threat. Would be ecstatic if we took him.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I was going back and forth between Johnston and Hyatt, but am now leaning towards Hyatt.

If we found a big TE, more like a traditional Y and retained Engram, in many way's, we could present the same issues with Engram that we could present with Johnston, except that we could also give more formation flexibility with the two viable TEs.

If we added Hyatt we'd addd the explosive, speed/vertical threat element that KC and Buffalo have presented the past few years.

Consider:

Calvin Ridley
Christian Kirk
Zay Jones
Jalin Hyatt
Engram
Rooki Y TE

That's a LOT of versatility in terms of position, skills presented (Vertical speed/route runing) and formation.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-14-2022, 08:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 06:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. I think people will get caught up on Johnston's size and speed but Hyatt is a game changing, field flipping receiving threat. Would be ecstatic if we took him.

I was going back and forth between Johnston and Hyatt, but am now leaning towards Hyatt.

If we found a big TE, more like a traditional Y and retained Engram, in many way's, we could present the same issues with Engram that we could present with Johnston, except that we could also give more formation flexibility with the two viable TEs.

If we added Hyatt we'd addd the explosive, speed/vertical threat element that KC and Buffalo have presented the past few years.

Consider:

Calvin Ridley
Christian Kirk
Zay Jones
Jalin Hyatt
Engram
Rooki Y TE

That's a LOT of versatility in terms of position, skills presented (Vertical speed/route runing) and formation.

Calvin ridley is our speed/vertical threat element. I'd prefer one of our receivers to be over 6 foot. Johnston is a much much better fit for our current roster.

(12-15-2022, 03:58 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 08:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I was going back and forth between Johnston and Hyatt, but am now leaning towards Hyatt.

Consider:

Calvin Ridley
Christian Kirk
Zay Jones
Jalin Hyatt
Engram
Rooki Y TE

Calvin ridley is our speed/vertical threat element. I'd prefer one of our receivers to be over 6 foot. Johnston is a much much better fit for our current roster.
Ridley can be at times but he isn't close to the deep threat that Hyatt is.  Hyatt isn't short but do you consider DeSean Jackson a deep threat who is 5'10" or Jameson Williams a deep threat who is the same size as Hyatt?

(12-15-2022, 03:58 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 08:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I was going back and forth between Johnston and Hyatt, but am now leaning towards Hyatt.

Consider:

Calvin Ridley
Christian Kirk
Zay Jones
Jalin Hyatt
Engram
Rooki Y TE

I see Ridley as a good WR who can get deep, but compares more to Amari Cooper.

But I agree with flgatorsjags with his player comparisons with Hyatt.  He adds a vertical element we simply haven't had since Jimmy Smith was in his prime.

(12-15-2022, 09:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 03:58 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Calvin ridley is our speed/vertical threat element. I'd prefer one of our receivers to be over 6 foot. Johnston is a much much better fit for our current roster.
I see Ridley as a good WR who can get deep, but compares more to Amari Cooper.

But I agree with flgatorsjags with his player comparisons with Hyatt.  He adds a vertical element we simply haven't had since Jimmy Smith was in his prime.
I’ll be curious to see Johnstons 40 time. He could be both a vertical threat and a 50/50 winner.

It’s all likely a moot point because I think the Jags will be out of range to draft Johnston.

(12-15-2022, 10:03 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 09:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I see Ridley as a good WR who can get deep, but compares more to Amari Cooper.

I’ll be curious to see Johnstons 40 time. He could be both a vertical threat and a 50/50 winner.

It’s all likely a moot point because I think the Jags will be out of range to draft Johnston.
There's some concerns with drops from what I heard with him. He's probably going to run a solid 4.4.

I really want to see how A.T Perry tests though out of Wake Forest. I really like that kid. Think he's a good fit when you line him up with Ridley, Kirk and Jones.

TE position I think is going to be their target or OT. If we fall outside of the top ten I think we'll miss out on the top defensive talent and better receivers but it could mean you get a shot at Michael Mayer or Peter Skoronski and I would personally be ecstatic with either pick.

Just boils down to what's going to happen with Evan Engram and Jawaan Taylor in March. That also leaves up another question regarding Walker Little.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-15-2022, 11:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 10:03 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’ll be curious to see Johnstons 40 time. He could be both a vertical threat and a 50/50 winner.

There's some concerns with drops from what I heard with him. He's probably going to run a solid 4.4.

I really want to see how A.T Perry tests though out of Wake Forest. I really like that kid. Think he's a good fit when you line him up with Ridley, Kirk and Jones.

TE position I think is going to be their target or OT. If we fall outside of the top ten I think we'll miss out on the top defensive talent and better receivers but it could mean you get a shot at Michael Mayer or Peter Skoronski and I would personally be ecstatic with either pick.

Just boils down to what's going to happen with Evan Engram and Jawaan Taylor in March. That also leaves up another question regarding Walker Little.

It is really difficult to project what spot the Jaguars will be picking. My expectation is that they finish the season wit either 6 or 7 wins. They will be favored over the Texans and possibly the Titans depending on how important the last game is for Tennessee. Let's say they go 7-10. The range would go from pick 8 all the way to 14, depending on how the Colts, Packers, Browns, Panthers, Cardinals, Raiders, Falcons and Saints fare in their remaining 4 games. 

Regarding the candidates identified already, my top picks would be Johnston, Hiatt and Skoronski (in no particular order). Johnston or Hiatt would make the receiving corps elite, in my opinion, which would help Lawrence take the offense to the next level. Skoronski is as solid as they come and could probably excel at right tackle or guard. Talk about great DNA, his grandfather Bob Skoronski was team captain on all 5 of Vince Lombardi's championship teams while playing offensive tackle. Unfortunately, he is possibly going to be the first offensive lineman off the board and gone before the Jaguars pick. There's no way Jawaan Taylor remains a Jaguar so Skoronski would fill a need unless Walker Little improves significantly. 

Michael Mayer is the one guy listed who Does Not appeal to me. He should be a good tight end for a long time, but won't ever be elite (in my opinion). The only way you take a tight end that high is if they have the physical traits of a Travis Kelce, Kyle Pitts or Tony Gonzalez. They should be able to re-sign Engram, but if he leaves they can draft someone like Sam Laporta, Luke Musgrave or Dalton Kincaid. Musgrave and Kincaid may be 2nd rounders while Laporta should last until round 3. All 3 would provide much better value than Mayer in Round 1.

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2022, 07:23 PM by WingerDinger.)

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...e3w7A&s=19

I've watched a good handful of ND games this season (got a friend who loves ND) so I've been watching, just to root against them (Go Noles)..

But that ND TE is pretty damn special.. Would not mind AT ALL..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(12-15-2022, 07:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...e3w7A&s=19

I've watched a good handful of ND games this season (got a friend who loves ND) so I've been watching, just to root against them (Go Noles)..

But that ND TE is pretty damn special.. Would not mind AT ALL..
Agreed. Nice seeing Will Mallory round out at the 10th spot as well. Local kid. Has been a steady contributor for the Canes. Also a son of a coach. I think he would be a great pick in RD4.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-15-2022, 05:54 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 11:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote: There's some concerns with drops from what I heard with him. He's probably going to run a solid 4.4.

It is really difficult to project what spot the Jaguars will be picking. My expectation is that they finish the season wit either 6 or 7 wins. They will be favored over the Texans and possibly the Titans depending on how important the last game is for Tennessee. Let's say they go 7-10. The range would go from pick 8 all the way to 14, depending on how the Colts, Packers, Browns, Panthers, Cardinals, Raiders, Falcons and Saints fare in their remaining 4 games. 

Regarding the candidates identified already, my top picks would be Johnston, Hiatt and Skoronski (in no particular order). Johnston or Hiatt would make the receiving corps elite, in my opinion, which would help Lawrence take the offense to the next level. Skoronski is as solid as they come and could probably excel at right tackle or guard. Talk about great DNA, his grandfather Bob Skoronski was team captain on all 5 of Vince Lombardi's championship teams while playing offensive tackle. Unfortunately, he is possibly going to be the first offensive lineman off the board and gone before the Jaguars pick. There's no way Jawaan Taylor remains a Jaguar so Skoronski would fill a need unless Walker Little improves significantly. 

Michael Mayer is the one guy listed who Does Not appeal to me. He should be a good tight end for a long time, but won't ever be elite (in my opinion). The only way you take a tight end that high is if they have the physical traits of a Travis Kelce, Kyle Pitts or Tony Gonzalez. They should be able to re-sign Engram, but if he leaves they can draft someone like Sam Laporta, Luke Musgrave or Dalton Kincaid. Musgrave and Kincaid may be 2nd rounders while Laporta should last until round 3. All 3 would provide much better value than Mayer in Round 1.
Good breakdowns here. I think Mayer can be a solid 700+, 7+ TD type of receiving threat. He reminds me of Heath Miller. Just with a much higher floor and higher ceiling.

I would like to see Pederson land a pair of TE's that can really diversify his offense. Resigning Engram plus drafting Mayer would be just as good as landing Johnston.

I can do more with twin TE's and two good receivers than I can with four WR's. Offers more blocking and better match up's inside the redzone IMHO.

Pederson has done some cool stuff with Lawrence this year while toning down on the TE position. Just makes it easier in my opinion for Lawernce to really ascend with newer looks to throw at defenses.

Havent seen a lot of creativity with Arnold outside of screens.

Fingers crossed now that our draft position keeps falling, what about a guy like Isaiah Foskey? Edge rusher from Notre Dame. This weekend was the first time all year I've looked at mocks to see who is out there and I kept coming across his name late first or early second. Looks like he has good size for an edge rusher. I've read a few scouting reports that say he is athletic but a little raw. And unlike some of our other historical 1st round draft picks who are talented but raw, this guy has been very productive. double digits sacks each of the last two years. And not loading the stat page against weak competition either. havent seen any videos though so not sure if he gets a lot of garbage sacks. Did read he has a really good motor. For a team that desperately needs help getting after the QB, seems like he could fit where we may end up drafting.

(12-27-2022, 09:27 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Fingers crossed now that our draft position keeps falling, what about a guy like Isaiah Foskey?  Edge rusher from Notre Dame.  This weekend was the first time all year I've looked at mocks to see who is out there and I kept coming across his name late first or early second.  Looks like he has good size for an edge rusher.  I've read a few scouting reports that say he is athletic but a little raw.  And unlike some of our other historical 1st round draft picks who are talented but raw, this guy has been very productive.  double digits sacks each of the last two years.  And not loading the stat page against weak competition either.  havent seen any videos though so not sure if he gets a lot of garbage sacks.  Did read he has a really good motor.  For a team that desperately needs help getting after the QB, seems like he could fit where we may end up drafting.

If a good edge rusher is available in the 20-25 range, the Jaguars have to strongly consider taking him and moving Walker to the line. Since I haven't seen many of the prospects much during games, I look at the Big Boards and game tape. Foskey has been good, but he seems to have limitations which make me wary. I'd rate B.J. Ojulari and Jared Verse ahead of him as they possess more traits which would translate to the NFL. This pick is critical since they can't afford another Chaisson or Taven Bryan. If one of these 2 players passes all the pre-draft evaluations, I'd be very happy with either. This would strengthen 2 positions at once (Edge and D-Line) . Right now, the only other candidate in the 20's I like as much is O'Cyrus Torrence from Florida. He would strengthen the interior of the offensive line since Bartch has been mediocre. If they selected him, they'd have to find an Edge in round 2- possibly even trade up in the round to get one of the better prospects not taken in round 1.

(12-15-2022, 10:03 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 09:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I see Ridley as a good WR who can get deep, but compares more to Amari Cooper.

I recently saw footage of Johnston that gave me a better idea of his speed.  I feel better about him as a prospect because of this.  I don't think he lasts until our pick.

(12-29-2022, 05:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 10:03 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’ll be curious to see Johnstons 40 time. He could be both a vertical threat and a 50/50 winner.

I recently saw footage of Johnston that gave me a better idea of his speed.  I feel better about him as a prospect because of this.  I don't think he lasts until our pick.

Agreed. At this point Johnston doesn’t seem realistic.

I’m currently looking hard at O-Line and corner. Namely Cam Smith.

(12-30-2022, 07:05 AM)wg171 Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 05:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I recently saw footage of Johnston that gave me a better idea of his speed.  I feel better about him as a prospect because of this.  I don't think he lasts until our pick.

Agreed. At this point Johnston doesn’t seem realistic.

I’m currently looking hard at O-Line and corner. Namely Cam Smith.

I thought he was going to the LIV Tour. Big Grin
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]