Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I Knew He Would Be Good

(07-31-2022, 05:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-31-2022, 04:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Moore has the talent to be one of the best WRs in the league.  He reminds me of Antonio Brown, Barmore is a beast as well and i think becomes a Pro Bowl player if healthy.  Etieene is an elite back.  All 3 1st round talents imo
You HOPE ETN is an elite back. No one knows how he will turn out but we are hopeful.
He was an elite RB prospect, elite college production, elite RAS/atheltic etc.  Of course he has to show it on a NFL field but he has has all the tools you want in a RB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Woah woah

Ease up a tad , no jinxing of etienne just yet

Save the judgement until at least 1 game is under the belt

Yeah no judgment of any other players until a few real games are in.

(07-31-2022, 05:30 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Woah woah

Ease up a tad , no jinxing of etienne just yet

Save the judgement until at least 1 game is under the belt

Why, man, homies are bored!

I mean any player can end up being a bust but if you were trying to draft the safest players in last years draft he checks all the boxes. Hopefully he's not Trent Richardson or Aaron Curry

(07-31-2022, 06:45 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-31-2022, 05:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/duval-ins...nne-walker

When I watched Travis Etienne at Clemson I always thought, man that is just unfair.  His acceleration, the 5 and 10 yard speed, was incredible.  I think he might have been overshadowed a bit by Trevor Lawrence.  But every time I saw him I thought, man this just isn't fair to line him up against these college kids.  He belongs in the NFL.

I thought he was a great pick at the end of the first round and I continue to think so.

I have said he reminded me of Tavian Banks in terms of his acceleration, speed, and big play ability.

If he can stay healthy, Pederson is a coach that can utilize a guy like that and get the most out of him.  Go back to how Andy Reid used Brian Westbrook.  I could see Etienne being used similarly.

Loved Tavian Banks out of Michigan State!
So angry about the cheap shot that ended his career; totally unnecessary hit as he was going out of bounds.

TB was a good 3rd down option.  Nowhere close to Etienne talent-wise.  TE should become an elite RB/WR as he settles in.

Props for recognizing Tavian Banks.  What could have been.....

(07-31-2022, 05:44 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(07-31-2022, 06:45 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I have said he reminded me of Tavian Banks in terms of his acceleration, speed, and big play ability.

If he can stay healthy, Pederson is a coach that can utilize a guy like that and get the most out of him.  Go back to how Andy Reid used Brian Westbrook.  I could see Etienne being used similarly.

Loved Tavian Banks out of Michigan State!
So angry about the cheap shot that ended his career; totally unnecessary hit as he was going out of bounds.

TB was a good 3rd down option.  Nowhere close to Etienne talent-wise.  TE should become an elite RB/WR as he settles in.

He played for Iowa.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2022, 06:41 PM by Rockman1966. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-31-2022, 05:57 PM)Predator Wrote:
(07-31-2022, 05:44 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Loved Tavian Banks out of Michigan State!

He played for Iowa.
You passed the test.  Pass GO, collect $200.....

(07-31-2022, 04:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(07-31-2022, 04:06 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I have to admit, I whiffed on Watson and Mahomes. I was hoping Mahomes would fall to the 2nd, he seemed like a wildcard in college, but his insane arm strength and improvision was interesting. I knew Watson wasn't gonna last to the 2nd and I wasn't 100% sold on him at the time so I wasn't banging the table for him at 4. 2017 was a weird draft, I feel like almost every year there is a guy that I realllly want, regardless of when we pick theres always someone I just really want and 2017 I felt so unsure about most players, the only one that really caught my eye was the guy we weren't ever gonna get in Garret.

I do wonder tho, what would have happened in '17 if we had Watson or Mahomes.

Put it this way, if ETN came out in '17 I think he would have been the 1st back off the board even with LF/CMC/Dalvin in the same class. So I do think he was worth a 1st round selection, but I think the disconnect for the jaguars is just that we were so devoid of any talent, and our best player was a RB it made little sense at the time, but if he's as good as expected it may end up being a great move... Guess we will have to wait and see tho.
Naw, he wouldn't of been taken over LF or McCaffrey  as much as liked Etienne.  Neither would Harris. You don't pass on a RB that beast Barry Sanders record and that is explosive as CM is and can run routes like a elite WR, not to mention is a decent blocker and has great vision

(07-31-2022, 04:06 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I have to admit, I whiffed on Watson and Mahomes. I was hoping Mahomes would fall to the 2nd, he seemed like a wildcard in college, but his insane arm strength and improvision was interesting. I knew Watson wasn't gonna last to the 2nd and I wasn't 100% sold on him at the time so I wasn't banging the table for him at 4. 2017 was a weird draft, I feel like almost every year there is a guy that I realllly want, regardless of when we pick theres always someone I just really want and 2017 I felt so unsure about most players, the only one that really caught my eye was the guy we weren't ever gonna get in Garret.

I do wonder tho, what would have happened in '17 if we had Watson or Mahomes.

Put it this way, if ETN came out in '17 I think he would have been the 1st back off the board even with LF/CMC/Dalvin in the same class. So I do think he was worth a 1st round selection, but I think the disconnect for the jaguars is just that we were so devoid of any talent, and our best player was a RB it made little sense at the time, but if he's as good as expected it may end up being a great move... Guess we will have to wait and see tho.
Naw, he wouldn't of been taken over LF or McCaffrey  as much as liked Etienne.  Neither would Harris. You don't pass on a RB that beat Barry Sanders record and that is explosive as CM is and can run routes like a elite WR, not to mention is a decent blocker and has great vision

I desperately wanted us to take Jamal Adams
At 4. Him in that D would have been unbelievable.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2022, 07:17 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-31-2022, 05:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: When I watched Travis Etienne at Clemson I always thought, man that is just unfair.  

@Clemson 6107 combined rushing and receiving yards with 78 TDs in 55 games.  Not to bad considering that includes 13 games as a freshman as well

Oddly enough, I always thought LSU ran Fournette right into the ground but he only had 616 carries whereas Etienne had 686 carries.   Fournette only had 41 receptions vs 102 for Etienne as well.  Thankfully, the ACC is not quite a grueling as the SEC though.

(07-31-2022, 06:34 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(07-31-2022, 04:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Naw, he wouldn't of been taken over LF or McCaffrey  as much as liked Etienne.  Neither would Harris. You don't pass on a RB that beast Barry Sanders record and that is explosive as CM is and can run routes like a elite WR, not to mention is a decent blocker and has great vision

Naw, he wouldn't of been taken over LF or McCaffrey  as much as liked Etienne.  Neither would Harris. You don't pass on a RB that beat Barry Sanders record and that is explosive as CM is and can run routes like a elite WR, not to mention is a decent blocker and has great vision

I desperately wanted us to take Jamal Adams
At 4. Him in that D would have been unbelievable.
Adams was the next guy I wanted after CMC but I knew after giving Church that contract we weren't taking Adams

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2022, 07:28 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-31-2022, 05:32 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Yeah no judgment of any other players until a few real games are in.

Are you new around here? Happens every year with at least 1 or 2 draft picks.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(07-31-2022, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(07-31-2022, 05:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You HOPE ETN is an elite back. No one knows how he will turn out but we are hopeful.
He was an elite RB prospect, elite college production, elite RAS/atheltic etc.  Of course he has to show it on a NFL field but he has has all the tools you want in a RB.
Yea. Not disagreeing.

However, you can’t call him elite yet. He has to put together 2-3 years of elite production to get that label. 

Hopefully he gets there but it’s certainly far from a guarantee.

(07-31-2022, 04:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: McCaffrey is the best back in the league when healthy.  If he had a good oline he is an automatic 1000 yards WR and 1000 yards rushing imo.  HOF player and difference maker.  If he stays healthy all year, as bad as Car QB position is I think they make the playoffs

Well hindsight is 20/20, obviously CMC is a great player, but he's injury prone and LF is good in bursts.. if we're re doing that draft based on nfl production/availability, there is also Joe Mixon and Alvin Kamara as well as Dalvin cook. I'd take almost all of them over CMC if I knew he would be this fragile.

(07-31-2022, 08:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-31-2022, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He was an elite RB prospect, elite college production, elite RAS/atheltic etc.  Of course he has to show it on a NFL field but he has has all the tools you want in a RB.
Yea. Not disagreeing.

However, you can’t call him elite yet. He has to put together 2-3 years of elite production to get that label. 

Hopefully he gets there but it’s certainly far from a guarantee.

Elite prospect is what I meant, of course you can't call him an elite NFL player yet when he hasn't even played a game yet

(08-01-2022, 02:04 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(07-31-2022, 04:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: McCaffrey is the best back in the league when healthy.  If he had a good oline he is an automatic 1000 yards WR and 1000 yards rushing imo.  HOF player and difference maker.  If he stays healthy all year, as bad as Car QB position is I think they make the playoffs

Well hindsight is 20/20, obviously CMC is a great player, but he's injury prone and LF is good in bursts.. if we're re doing that draft based on nfl production/availability, there is also Joe Mixon and Alvin Kamara as well as Dalvin cook. I'd take almost all of them over CMC if I knew he would be this fragile.
Interesting that you named 3 running backs and none of them came from round 1….

(08-01-2022, 08:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-01-2022, 02:04 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Well hindsight is 20/20, obviously CMC is a great player, but he's injury prone and LF is good in bursts.. if we're re doing that draft based on nfl production/availability, there is also Joe Mixon and Alvin Kamara as well as Dalvin cook. I'd take almost all of them over CMC if I knew he would be this fragile.
Interesting that you named 3 running backs and none of them came from round 1….

If there was a re draft they would go in the first.  Teams missed on them

(07-31-2022, 09:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It was never a bad pick, some people just don't value the RB position.  Doesn't matter if Barry Sanders, LT, Derrick Henry or others was there they wouldn't take any of them in the first round. I wanted Moore and Barmore but after those 2 I didn't feel there were many players left that would of been better than Etieene.  There where 2 elite backs in last years draft and we got 1 of them.  If Etieene can be one of the best backs  in the league It will be a great pick and I think he can.  Then if the top 100 player JRob comes back 100% we will have the best RB duo in the league.  Gonna to be fun to watch.  That's my favorite thing about the Cam resigning is he can be a mauler in the run game and was on a team when we had the number 1 run game in the league

1) Nice hyperbole, I don't think you have any concrete proof that this allegation is plausible, but go on ahead with that.

2) Gonna say this not only directed at this post, but the general mindset. Ease up on the expectations. Putting a lot of faith in a lot of eggs that haven't had time to hatch. Don't expect all-world, and you won't have to be misdirecting disappointment later on. As fans I've seen us constantly setting the bar at unattainable levels of greatness only to be let down. It's not healthy to set bars this high only to watch guys fail to make the grade.

Not saying any of what you said CANNOT happen. It's possible, but there's a whole lot still uncertain about both guys for us to be worried about best duo in the league, top 100 form, or "elite" play, however that gets deemed. I do hope they fulfill this expectation, but I certainly am not going into even underwear practice expecting them to look that otherworldly.

(08-01-2022, 08:23 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(07-31-2022, 09:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It was never a bad pick, some people just don't value the RB position.  Doesn't matter if Barry Sanders, LT, Derrick Henry or others was there they wouldn't take any of them in the first round. I wanted Moore and Barmore but after those 2 I didn't feel there were many players left that would of been better than Etieene.  There where 2 elite backs in last years draft and we got 1 of them.  If Etieene can be one of the best backs  in the league It will be a great pick and I think he can.  Then if the top 100 player JRob comes back 100% we will have the best RB duo in the league.  Gonna to be fun to watch.  That's my favorite thing about the Cam resigning is he can be a mauler in the run game and was on a team when we had the number 1 run game in the league

1) Nice hyperbole, I don't think you have any concrete proof that this allegation is plausible, but go on ahead with that.

2) Gonna say this not only directed at this post, but the general mindset. Ease up on the expectations. Putting a lot of faith in a lot of eggs that haven't had time to hatch. Don't expect all-world, and you won't have to be misdirecting disappointment later on. As fans I've seen us constantly setting the bar at unattainable levels of greatness only to be let down. It's not healthy to set bars this high only to watch guys fail to make the grade.

Not saying any of what you said CANNOT happen. It's possible, but there's a whole lot still uncertain about both guys for us to be worried about best duo in the league, top 100 form, or "elite" play, however that gets deemed. I do hope they fulfill this expectation, but I certainly am not going into even underwear practice expecting them to look that otherworldly.
1) what are you talking about?

2) I said if healthy.  We already have a back that's a top 100 player so if we can add another top back to this backfield it's not that crazy and i think Etiennehas the talent to be one of the top backs lile J Rob already is, of course a differer type of back..  I didn't say that's the bar I set for them I set I think they can be that if both healthy

(07-31-2022, 03:39 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I always found it extremely curious how people here hated ETN being taken at 25, but and maybe i'm remembering wrong but I feel like so many were excited for Fournette at 4 with Watson and Mahomes sitting there and Blake Bortles as our starter.

I didn't love taking a RB in the first either, but I did think his talent completely outweighed guys like Barmore/Elijah Moore etc that everyone here seemed to want, and honestly it would be pretty difficult for him to change my opinion on that cause those other dudes didn't look like 1st round talents. I think the only thing that made me personally question the pick was the fact that JR was so good the year prior..

hwut.

I defy you to find a single, solitary poster on this board who was even satisfied let alone enthusiastic about that pick.

Had we taken Barmore last year, we probably don't throw $30M at Foli this offseason. What do we do with $30M more in our pockets? Every decision has downstream effects.