Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Big PGA Thread

(02-09-2024, 08:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think LIV might get some traction with this feud between Matthew Wolf and Brooks Koepka.  Until yesterday, Wolf was on Koepka's team, and Koepka obviously didn't like something about him, saying he had "given up on him." 

Now Wolf has been traded to a new team, and yesterday he shot a great score.  So, if Wolf thrives on a new team, this may give LIV golf the shot in the arm it badly needs, and persuade more people to tune in for the interpersonal drama.

You’re really reaching. No one who watches LIV, including me, gives a rat’s [BLEEP] about that. 

Are you a real golf fan or a PGA fanboy? Some of the best players in the world are playing very good golf yet you can only harp on the format and the fact they’re not kissing Jay Monahan’s [BLEEP].

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who the heck is Matthew Wolff again? Heard that name before but that was a long time ago. He was the guy with the weird swing right? Not sure he’s newsworthy.

I agree, LIV is still unwatchable. Sadly I don’t watch PGA like used to either thanks to this whole mess. I’ll watch Tiger next week and I saw some of Wyndham’s record breaking round, but I’m not glued to the tv like I used to be. Hopefully they can figure out this whole mess soon. I agree with JT and Scottie though…if LIv folds and guys have to go back to PGA Tour, there should be penalties for being reinstated.

It’s a little weird watching this tournament without Honda sponsorship. I’m still shocked they dropped it after so many years.

They showed a Trevor Lawrence Instagram selfie from the Arnold Palmer Invitational.

Full Swing was really good. Especially the Ryder Cup episodes.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2024, 04:50 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm so stoned right now that I'm actually watching golf lolol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Just heard "fire Baalke" after xanders tee shot on 15. Had to be dilla.

Thomas splits with caddie before Masters (msn.com)

I wonder if Bones decided to give up looping and go behind the mic full time again.

Jordan Spieth is permanently scarred by Augusta.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 09:21 PM by NewJagsCity.)

Its hard to watch Tiger in his current state. If this is his ceiling moving forward, then its probably time to hang it up and assume his upcoming role as celebratory golfer. Lets be real: he's never going to even come close to achieving the many records of the mighty Jack Nicklaus. Better to stop now than to tarnish his legacy.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-13-2024, 09:21 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Its hard to watch Tiger in his current state. If this is his ceiling moving forward, then its probably time to hang it up and assume his upcoming role as celebratory golfer. Lets be real: he's never going to even come close to achieving the many records of the mighty Jack Nicklaus.  Better to stop now than to tarnish his legacy.

Tough weekend for Tiger, but look at all the huge names who got to watch him from the couch after missing the cut!

(04-13-2024, 09:21 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Its hard to watch Tiger in his current state. If this is his ceiling moving forward, then its probably time to hang it up and assume his upcoming role as celebratory golfer. Lets be real: he's never going to even come close to achieving the many records of the mighty Jack Nicklaus.  Better to stop now than to tarnish his legacy.

Old man Nicklaus is way better than middle aged Tiger.

Guess we now know the GOAT

Tiger has surpassed Nicklaus in some records. To say Tiger can’t come close to achieving what Nicklaus has done just isn’t correct. 

https://www.golfmonthly.com/features/tig...-stats-say

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2024, 06:57 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-15-2024, 06:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Tiger has surpassed Nicklaus in some records. To say Tiger can’t come close to achieving what Nicklaus has done just isn’t correct. 

Jack has 18 majors and 19 second place finishes in majors, but most people think Tiger at his peak was a better player than Jack at his peak.  Tiger does have more PGA Tour wins than Jack.  Personally, I don't compare the two.  People are obsessed with judging who is the goat at any sport.  It drives conversation.  But there's no point, in my opinion.  Who's the greatest composer, who's the greatest chess player, who's the greatest basketball player, etc.  Bill Russell has 11 NBA Championships, but I don't think he's the greatest basketball player ever.

(04-14-2024, 08:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Tough weekend for Tiger, but look at all the huge names who got to watch him from the couch after missing the cut!

Sergio Garcia, Wyndham Clark, Viktor Hovland, Jordan Spieth, Brian Harman, Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson, to name a few.

(04-15-2024, 06:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 06:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Tiger has surpassed Nicklaus in some records. To say Tiger can’t come close to achieving what Nicklaus has done just isn’t correct. 

Jack has 18 majors and 19 second place finishes in majors, but most people think Tiger at his peak was a better player than Jack at his peak.  Tiger does have more PGA Tour wins than Jack.  Personally, I don't compare the two.  People are obsessed with judging who is the goat at any sport.  It drives conversation.  But there's no point, in my opinion.  Who's the greatest composer, who's the greatest chess player, who's the greatest basketball player, etc.  Bill Russell has 11 NBA Championships, but I don't think he's the greatest basketball player ever.

(04-14-2024, 08:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Tough weekend for Tiger, but look at all the huge names who got to watch him from the couch after missing the cut!

Sergio Garcia, Wyndham Clark, Viktor Hovland, Jordan Spieth, Brian Harman, Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson, to name a few.

JT,  Justin Rose, Sam Burns, Brian Harman, Sunjae I'm. To name a few more.

There is no feasible argument that Tiger wasn't a better player than Jack in their primes. Tiger literally transcend the entire sport.

Scottie Scheffler’s caddie has earned $1.2M this year from wins. He’s earned more than most PGA players.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2024, 08:17 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

How about Neal Shipley and Carter Pitcairn's weekend?  Shipley was low amateur with his long-time golfing buddy Pitcairn as his caddy, made the cut, and on Sunday their playing partner was Tiger Woods. 

What a weekend!

He idolized Tiger Woods as a kid. On Masters Sunday, he played with him (golf.com)

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2024, 08:51 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(04-15-2024, 08:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Scottie Scheffler’s caddie has earned $1.2M this year from wins. He’s earned more than most PGA players.

Fleetwood's local Augusta caddie got quite the payout too. Over 100k if the 10% rule applies.

(04-15-2024, 08:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: How about Neal Shipley and Carter Pitcairn's weekend?  Shipley was low amateur with his long-time golfing buddy Pitcairn as his caddy, made the cut, and on Sunday their playing partner was Tiger Woods. 

What a weekend!

He idolized Tiger Woods as a kid. On Masters Sunday, he played with him (golf.com)

That interview was super awkward, lol. Neal better get used to those cameras.

(04-15-2024, 08:51 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 08:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Scottie Scheffler’s caddie has earned $1.2M this year from wins. He’s earned more than most PGA players.

Fleetwood's local Augusta caddie got quite the payout too. Over 100k if the 10% rule applies.

(04-15-2024, 08:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: How about Neal Shipley and Carter Pitcairn's weekend?  Shipley was low amateur with his long-time golfing buddy Pitcairn as his caddy, made the cut, and on Sunday their playing partner was Tiger Woods. 

What a weekend!

That interview was super awkward, lol. Neal better get used to those cameras.

The 10% rule typically applies to wins, 8% for 2nd place and 6% for third. That’s a rule of thumb, though. Players can pay their caddies whatever they want.