Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Big PGA Thread

The LIV golfers have done quite well at the Masters.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-09-2023, 06:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: The LIV golfers have done quite well at the Masters.

Other than Koepka choking…
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

3 in the top 5. That should put an end to some of the PGA players whining that LIV players can’t hang.

Sergio Garcia not there in his green jacket to greet his fellow countryman.

Jordan Spieth had two opportunities in playoff holes to put the RBC in his pocket. He blew both.

(04-16-2023, 06:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Jordan Spieth had two opportunities in playoff holes to put the RBC in his pocket. He blew both.

He likes to have his putts barely moving when they drop into the hole.  As I'm sure you know, that is not a good idea because putts don't hold their line when they're going so slowly.

(04-17-2023, 01:47 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-16-2023, 06:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Jordan Spieth had two opportunities in playoff holes to put the RBC in his pocket. He blew both.

He likes to have his putts barely moving when they drop into the hole.  As I'm sure you know, that is not a good idea because putts don't hold their line when they're going so slowly.

I feel sorry for his caddy who is looking at a smaller paycheck because Spieth plays head games with himself. I’m sure he still earns a good living but that was probably a $200k difference in his cut.

(04-18-2023, 08:31 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-17-2023, 01:47 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: He likes to have his putts barely moving when they drop into the hole.  As I'm sure you know, that is not a good idea because putts don't hold their line when they're going so slowly.

I feel sorry for his caddy who is looking at a smaller paycheck because Spieth plays head games with himself. I’m sure he still earns a good living but that was probably a $200k difference in his cut.

Spieth is 6th on the money list this season after a couple of years of slumping. 

I bet his caddy is actually very happy right now. 

You also need to consider that all of Spieth's over thinking doesn't always result in a few missed putts. He commonly makes some really brilliant shots after these back and forth chats with his caddy.

For every other major tournament, a channel is created to show different groupings at no charge. Not ESPN carrying the PGA Championship. You have to pay for it.

The early coverage on ESPN with Matty and the Caddie was so painfully terrible.

Phil Mickelson still able to drive the green on a 320 yd par 4.

That's two LIV players finishing in the top four of the PGA Championship and one of them hoisting the Wanamaker trophy. Brandel Chamblee is going to look like he's sucking on a lemon.

(05-21-2023, 06:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: That's two LIV players finishing in the top four of the PGA Championship and one of them hoisting the Wanamaker trophy. Brandel Chamblee is going to look like he's sucking on a lemon.

The PGA and their proponents are def having to walk back some of the venom they've put out there -  given the success several LIV guys are having at these events. 

Chamblee was funny last night. He made most of his bit all about the high amateur, Block, instead of Koepka, but he did indeed give BK some healthy praise along with the deflection eventually. 
(would be funny if Block accepted an offer to play for LIV at this point) 

When he mentioned the "big three" poised for one of the guys to break out and dominate he listed, Brooks Koepka, Scheffler, and Rahm.

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2023, 01:01 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

The PGA Tour is the worse for not having the LIV players on tour. They need to start considering a merger.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-22-2023, 01:00 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: The PGA Tour is the worse for not having the LIV players on tour.  They need to start considering a merger.

It actually seems like they've struck a decent compromise at the moment.  Lots of exemptions and means of qualifying for the majors this season made available to the better players in the LIV. And they are taking advantage of those opportunities. 

They chose to play in a different league that competes for market share with the PGA - so it makes sense they can't just have their cake and eat it too.  But being able to qualify for major tourneys seems like a good thing for everyone IMO.

The next thing for the LIV crew to figure out will be the world rankings that most of them are rapidly sinking in since their tour doesn't earn points in the system.

(05-22-2023, 03:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 01:00 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: The PGA Tour is the worse for not having the LIV players on tour.  They need to start considering a merger.

It actually seems like they've struck a decent compromise at the moment.  Lots of exemptions and means of qualifying for the majors this season made available to the better players in the LIV. And they are taking advantage of those opportunities. 

They chose to play in a different league that competes for market share with the PGA - so it makes sense they can't just have their cake and eat it too.  But being able to qualify for major tourneys seems like a good thing for everyone IMO.

The next thing for the LIV crew to figure out will be the world rankings that most of them are rapidly sinking in since their tour doesn't earn points in the system.

I agree with you on the compromises. I'm not a globalist, but this is one sport that should be. Along the lines of tennis.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

PGA and LIV just merged.

Wow.

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2023, 10:41 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-06-2023, 10:32 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: PGA and LIV just merged.

Wow.

Wow is right.  That's like Russia agreeing to merge with the United States.

What will Brandel Chamblee say about this!

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2023, 10:52 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

I just heard this. Holy cow.

Yeah, Brandel Chamblee’s head just exploded.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/pg...r-AA1ccmPi

Damon Hack on the Golf Channel nailed it. Discovery with these lawsuits would have revealed that many of the PGA sponsors have close financial relationships with the Saudis.