Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars vs. Raiders Hall of Fame game.

This day couldn't get here fast enough. There's alot of anticipation and good play on the field to be desired. My main attraction as most of the starters won't play is how the Coaching staff performs.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022, 06:46 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I want to see Keelan Cole tonight

(08-04-2022, 06:08 AM)NH3 Wrote: This day couldn't get here fast enough. There's alot of anticipation and good play on the field to be desired. My main attraction as most of the starters won't play is how the Coaching staff performs.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

How can you tell how the coaching staff performs?   Watch them walking around?  See if they dress well?

So is it just trevor/etn and a select few starters like Josh Allen not playing or is it most if not all starters?

(08-04-2022, 06:08 AM)NH3 Wrote: This day couldn't get here fast enough. There's alot of anticipation and good play on the field to be desired. My main attraction as most of the starters won't play is how the Coaching staff performs.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

How does a coaching staff perform in a meaningless preseason game? Caught me off guard with that one.

(08-04-2022, 06:59 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

How does a coaching staff perform in a meaningless preseason game? Caught me off guard with that one.

Selected songs from "Cats" at halftime.

(08-04-2022, 07:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 06:59 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: How does a coaching staff perform in a meaningless preseason game? Caught me off guard with that one.

Selected songs from "Cats" at halftime.

They’ll be mahvelous!

Just looking to see if anybody makes any big plays or limits their mistakes tonight for depth purposes. This is an extra preseason game. A great opportunity for a lot of guys to cement their positions as 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart early.

I think my focus will be on Kevin Austin and Winningham though at WR. Snoop Connor at RB and how the TE's run in Pederson's system in general regardless of who is on the field. I think Muma and Herndon are also going to be fun to watch on defense tonight.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Preseason games are getting worse by the year. I was always really excited for the opening game to see how some of the new players look, are the starters sharp, anyone stand out, etc... but with so many interesting players out tonight I have very little interest in the game. I know owners will never want to give up the revenue, but scheduling scrimmages seems far more useful.

(08-04-2022, 06:55 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: So is it just trevor/etn and a select few starters like Josh Allen not playing or is it most if not all starters?

Keep a copy of the roster handy, you'll be asking "who the heck is wearing number...wait, is that a greek letter?"

(08-04-2022, 08:50 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 06:55 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: So is it just trevor/etn and a select few starters like Josh Allen not playing or is it most if not all starters?

Keep a copy of the roster handy, you'll be asking "who the heck is wearing number...wait, is that a greek letter?"

Thank God it won't be like college, where they have two players wearing the same number.

It's Football Time?? Maybe? Kinda?

Wish Minshew was still here and starting tonight, would add a little excitement to this snoozer.

I think it will be an interesting game to see how the rookies and stringers perform in play. We’ll see the ones who were studying the playbook and practicing discipline to avoid penalties and make plays. It’s opportunity time.

It's a Jag prime time game with lots a hope. I just want the coverage of the team and Boselli and all to be positive for once.

Jake Luton almost beat the packers a couple of seasons ago so we will definitely see some good plays at least. Excited to see some rookies:  Montaric Brown, Snoop, Gerrit Prince, and even preseason legends such as Jeff Cotton.

(08-04-2022, 06:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

How can you tell how the coaching staff performs?   Watch them walking around?  See if they dress well?

C'mon Marty. Its how they prepare, scheme, call the plays, make game time adjustment, etc. To me this season will only be as successful as the Coaching staff regardless of who's on the playing field. The pieces (players) are in place for the most part. It's up to the Coaching staff to ensure that the players excels beyond the past few years. Excitement is in the air.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-04-2022, 03:12 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 06:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: How can you tell how the coaching staff performs?   Watch them walking around?  See if they dress well?

C'mon Marty. Its how they prepare, scheme, call the plays, make game time adjustment, etc. To me this season will only be as successful as the Coaching staff regardless of who's on the playing field. The pieces (players) are in place for the most part. It's up to the Coaching staff to ensure that the players excels beyond the past few years. Excitement is in the air.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

C'mon yourself, NH3.  It's a scrimmage.  They aren't going to be scheming or making game time adjustments.

(08-04-2022, 03:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 03:12 PM)NH3 Wrote: C'mon Marty. Its how they prepare, scheme, call the plays, make game time adjustment, etc. To me this season will only be as successful as the Coaching staff regardless of who's on the playing field. The pieces (players) are in place for the most part. It's up to the Coaching staff to ensure that the players excels beyond the past few years. Excitement is in the air.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

C'mon yourself, NH3.  It's a scrimmage.  They aren't going to be scheming or making game time adjustments.
There's Nothing Meaningless about this game and any of the other pre-season games for this coaching staff. This Completely New coaching staff has to tweak their scheme to fit the players most to which won't be on the field. There's about fifty players that'll be fighting for about fifteen 53-Man roster spots not to mention being relegated to the practice squad. 

I'm certain that the Coaching staff and the players on the field considers these next four games to be meaningful to say the least. It's that comfort, that jell factor that's desired. Opportunities to tweak your offensive and defensive schemes, that opportunity to see what does and doesn't work at this point and time. I'm 100% sure that this game is meaningful.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022, 04:51 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-04-2022, 04:27 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 03:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: C'mon yourself, NH3.  It's a scrimmage.  They aren't going to be scheming or making game time adjustments.
There's Nothing Meaningless about this game and any of the other pre-season games for this coaching staff. This Completely New coaching staff has to tweak their scheme to fit the players most to which won't be on the field. There's about fifty players that'll be fighting for about fifteen 53-Man roster spots not to mention being relegated to the practice squad. 

I'm certain that the Coaching staff and the players on the field considers these next four games to be meaningful to say the least. It's that comfort, that jell factor that's desired. Opportunities to tweak your offensive and defensive schemes, that opportunity to see what does and doesn't work at this point and time. I'm 100% sure that this game is meaningful.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I didn't say it was meaningless.  I said you can't evaluate the coaching staff, in this game, using the parameters you described earlier in the thread.  You can't evaluate "scheming and game time adjustments" in a game like this.