Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Browns vs Jags

Got the Browns next Friday.  I wonder if all the starters that's healthy will see some action?  Do yall think the Browns will play their starters? What do yall want to see, thoughts?  Hopefully we play much better at home

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

All the starters should get a couple of series.

(08-05-2022, 10:01 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: All the starters should get a couple of series.

I would play them for a quarter this game, a half against the Steelers, and not play any the 4th game.

(08-05-2022, 10:01 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: All the starters should get a couple of series.

They must.  It's not like we need to keep players fresh to push deep into playoffs.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(08-05-2022, 08:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Got the Browns next Friday.  I wonder if all the starters that's healthy will see some action?  Do yall think the Browns will play their starters? What do yall want to see, thoughts?  Hopefully we play much better at home

Doubtful in either side.

Under normal circumstances, this would be our first preseason game.  Under these circumstances, most starters would get very little, if any playing time.  While a guy like Jacoby Brissett might get playing time under the circumstances, I would not expect a guy like Myles Garrett to get much.

As for our guys, I don't want to see our starters get much playing time, TBH.  While I'd like to see How Walker Little might hold up against Garrett or Jadeveon Clowney, I wouldn't want these experiments to come at the expense of Trevor Lawrence.  It would be good to see how Travon Walkere would fare against Jedrick Wills, but not at the expense of a regular season game.  Like the raiders, we play a regular season game against the Browns later in the year.

Generally, we need to get better conditioned for the regular season, but we have to be prudent about it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I think two series for each starting unit would be fine

Even if it is something like 8 of the 11 starters on each side

Just don’t play Jake Luton. He’s so bad.

(08-06-2022, 10:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Just don’t play Jake Luton. He’s so bad.

If Beathard's not recovered by opening day, then we need to go hard after a competent backup QB. Any serious injury to Lawrence and we are looking at a top 1 to 3 pick again.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2022, 10:58 AM by jessepeck1213. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-06-2022, 09:56 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-05-2022, 08:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Got the Browns next Friday.  I wonder if all the starters that's healthy will see some action?  Do yall think the Browns will play their starters? What do yall want to see, thoughts?  Hopefully we play much better at home

Doubtful in either side.

Under normal circumstances, this would be our first preseason game.  Under these circumstances, most starters would get very little, if any playing time.  While a guy like Jacoby Brissett might get playing time under the circumstances, I would not expect a guy like Myles Garrett to get much.

As for our guys, I don't want to see our starters get much playing time, TBH.  While I'd like to see How Walker Little might hold up against Garrett or Jadeveon Clowney, I wouldn't want these experiments to come at the expense of Trevor Lawrence.  It would be good to see how Travon Walkere would fare against Jedrick Wills, but not at the expense of a regular season game.  Like the raiders, we play a regular season game against the Browns later in the year.

Generally, we need to get better conditioned for the regular season, but we have to be prudent about it.

When there was 4 preseason games the starters might not play the first one. But with there only being 3 games now the starters will definitely get some playing time.

(08-06-2022, 10:51 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 10:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Just don’t play Jake Luton. He’s so bad.

If Beathard's not recovered by opening day, then we need to go hard after a competent backup QB.  Any serious injury to Lawrence and we are looking at a top 1 to 3 pick again.

Put Sloter in there.

I have a feeling on this one. Jags win this one BIG 42-10. BOOM!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2022, 02:20 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

I really think the starting offense and starting defense should play a minimum of two series against the Browns. I also think the playing time should actually increase as you get closer to the regular season.

Hall of Fame: Nothing
2nd week: Two series (three if they play like dog [BLEEP] on the first two)
3rd week: One quarter (again, quarter and a half if they play like dog [BLEEP] in the first one)
4th week: One half (with a no huddle, two minute drill worked in whether or not you have the ball on offense inside the actual 2:00 minute mark)

I know traditionally teams will do the opposite and give their starters a break in the final preseason game and they want the back-up's or the "on the bubble" players to get more reps, yadda, yadda, yadda, etc.

You could flip that argument around either way. I just feel with this being a new coaching staff and a lot of new faces playing on both sides of the football this year? The more live rounds the better. You can't play scared forever. You maybe make one or a few reasonable exceptions (i.e, Robinson, Etienne, Scherff) because of their histories and recent injuries. But, they need to get as much real time in as they can with everybody else.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-06-2022, 01:47 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I have a feeling on this one. Jags win this one BIG 42-10. BOOM!

He jinxed us. We lose.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2022, 10:08 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-06-2022, 01:47 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I have a feeling on this one. Jags win this one BIG 42-10. BOOM!

This stopped being funny after about the 10th time. Please cease and desist or you will be relegated to posting only in the Political forum.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Just looking for improvement and effort

(08-05-2022, 10:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I would play them for a quarter this game, a half against the Steelers, and not play any the 4th game.
My hopes as well. I think it’s will be a decent chance to see what the teams are looking like if the browns follow suit. The browns have a lot of question marks but they have a very talented roster that I think can give us a good measuring stick of where our starters stand if we can get a quarter of plying time to watch.

As STHs we will be attending the game but probably only the first half. The 2nd half will be all tryouts. I would be interested in watching but I don’t think my wife will have that kind of patience.

(08-07-2022, 10:07 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

This stopped being funny after about the 10th time. Please cease and desist or you will be relegated to posting only in the Political forum.

No.  It may not be funny any longer, but it's become a tradition.  One day we're gonna have a party for Jagwired.

Thoughts are the same as with every PS game. I want to see the starters make the most of their reps, I want to see a few guys establish their position on the roster, and most importantly, I want to get away in good health.

I'd like to see a couple of series with our starting O against thier starting D. And when I say our starting O, I mean with ETN. Browns are still really good on D.

If our starting D can't stop Brissette, then its going to be a long year....again.