Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Browns vs Jags

I have Directv and they gave me Game Pass for free this year. I’ve also been receiving regular emails from AT&T pushing Directv streaming service. Satellite TV is going the way of cable. Maybe they gave away Game Pass as an incentive to get rid of the dish. I don’t know.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-13-2022, 06:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 02:35 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Ya they have been saying that for the past decade... And they always give it free for new customers.... Even if they offer it to streaming services I guarantee DirecTV will still have it

Absolutely not.  The DIRECTV contract is up and they are not a part of the bidding for the new contract.

Thank [BLEEP] god. They made it WAY to hard for people to get it

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 05:33 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-15-2022, 12:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have Directv and they gave me Game Pass for free this year. I’ve also been receiving regular emails from AT&T pushing Directv streaming service. Satellite TV is going the way of cable. Maybe they gave away Game Pass as an incentive to get rid of the dish. I don’t know.

You mean they gave you Sunday Ticket, not Gamepass, right? DirecTV is giving away free Sunday Ticket if you have or get the satellite dish.  (DirecTV stream does not have Sunday Ticket.)  Gamepass is no longer available in the United States.  The US version of Gamepass is now called NFL+.  

I did a lot of investigating how to get Jaguar games when I am away from home.  It's very frustrating, because the only way to do it is to get DirecTV with a 2-year contract.  But not DirecTV stream.  You have to get the satellite dish.  

There is a way to get out of market live NFL games with Gamepass if you get a VPN and set it up to look like you're in Europe or something, and then sign up for Gamepass from there.  But I don't have the nerve or the energy to do something like that.  I'm afraid I'd be caught and charged with theft or fraud or something.

(08-16-2022, 05:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-15-2022, 12:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have Directv and they gave me Game Pass for free this year. I’ve also been receiving regular emails from AT&T pushing Directv streaming service. Satellite TV is going the way of cable. Maybe they gave away Game Pass as an incentive to get rid of the dish. I don’t know.

You mean they gave you Sunday Ticket, not Gamepass, right? DirecTV is giving away free Sunday Ticket if you have or get the satellite dish.  (DirecTV stream does not have Sunday Ticket.)  Gamepass is no longer available in the United States.  The US version of Gamepass is now called NFL+.  

I did a lot of investigating how to get Jaguar games when I am away from home.  It's very frustrating, because the only way to do it is to get DirecTV with a 2-year contract.  But not DirecTV stream.  You have to get the satellite dish.  

There is a way to get out of market live NFL games with Gamepass if you get a VPN and set it up to look like you're in Europe or something, and then sign up for Gamepass from there.  But I don't have the nerve or the energy to do something like that.  I'm afraid I'd be caught and charged with theft or fraud or something.

Yes, Sunday Ticket is what I meant. I wasn’t aware it was available only on the dish. Interesting.

(08-13-2022, 08:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 06:27 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Absolutely not.  The DIRECTV contract is up and they are not a part of the bidding for the new contract.
Hoping Amazon Prime gets it but I’ve heard rumors Apple is gonna get it.

The AppleTV baseball interface/platform is the worst.  MLB has had various companies "broadcast" games this season (AppleTV, Peacock), and the Apple interface is horrible.  No ability to start a game late, pause, ffwd or rewind.  The game I wanted to watch was a 7pm start time but I got home late from an appointment and started it at 815pm - and had no option other than to watch it live from that point.  I know most of you probably think "who wants to watch a basebell game from the beginning", but both DirecTV and MLB offer packages that allow you to either record the game (DirecTV) or watch it from the beginning (MLB) and the MLB app allows you to hide the scores on the main screen, start from the beginning or watch live, pause, ffwd, rewind.  There are numerous times when watching the Jags (and all sports) when I want to pause the game or want to rewind to watch a great play - Apple doesn't currently allow any of that.  Hopefully that changes if they win the rights to NFL games.

(08-16-2022, 05:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

cough(crackstreams)cough

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 06:05 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-17-2022, 03:37 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 05:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You mean they gave you Sunday Ticket, not Gamepass, right? DirecTV is giving away free Sunday Ticket if you have or get the satellite dish.  (DirecTV stream does not have Sunday Ticket.)  Gamepass is no longer available in the United States.  The US version of Gamepass is now called NFL+.  

cough(crackstreams)cough

A minimal amount of googling "crackstreams" gives me the feeling that it would not be very reliable.  And definitely not legal.  

What Happened to Crackstreams?

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 09:38 AM by imtheblkranger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-17-2022, 06:04 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 03:37 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: cough(crackstreams)cough

A minimal amount of googling "crackstreams" gives me the feeling that it would not be very reliable.  And definitely not legal.  

What Happened to Crackstreams?

It's only illegal if you get caught

That being said, it's definitely not reliable and a malware attack waiting to happen. But works if you're in a bind

Watching the replay on NFL Network. TD drive was excellent. I can see Pedersen going for it on 4th and whatever a bunch this year.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

NFL+ has big market catering written all over it. I can watch my local market games day of but can't pick another. I would do the VPN thing but I don't want to pay for it.

Directv was/is bleeding cash so AT&T (disclosure my employer) sold it off at a big loss. NFL would be dumb to do any exclusive rights options after Sunday Ticket Expires. I am hoping for the best. Live sports is the one streaming option I really don't have a good setup for watching. I will have to live with next day rewind.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(08-17-2022, 04:49 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Watching the replay on NFL Network.  TD drive was excellent.  I can see Pedersen going for it on 4th and whatever a bunch this year.

in the preseason, with the 3rd and 4th string, I think it should be a handshake agreement between coaches that the punter isn't getting any more work.

The 4th and 5 near midfield is probably a punt in an actual factual game. When Jake Luton is slingin it to Jeff Cotton, yeah, let's roll some dice.

It has been reported often that he is a analytical guy, and factors in percentages a bunch. I trust that he's wise enough to discern when it's a good idea to keep the O on the field.