Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travon Walker's Debut (video opinion)

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but here it is anyway. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcfZ3kGXyvI

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Man that is awesome to watch as a fan

Gotis was pushing through a triple team as well.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2022, 12:25 PM by ATLjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

He did well, for his first dress in a Jag's uni. However, he'll need to develop a couple more moves beyond a bull rush to have pass rush success against the good starting LTs in this league.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2022, 12:57 PM by Jag149.)

Now that they have some film on him. It will be interesting to see how the Browns blocup him this Friday. Especially if Josh is on the field at the same time.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Film won’t even be watched from a preseason game for a preseason game…

I think these walker will continue to develop. The fact he already looks dominate is a great sign.

Walker showing his upside so early on has to make anyone whos a fan of this team extremely excited, because he's only going to get better and he has the physical tools to be a machine.

Walker played what, about 12-15 snaps in the HoF game? He flashed multiple times in those limited numbers and that's exactly what you wanted to see in his first outing.

Sure he didn't go against a world class OT, but he still went against a guy who has like 36 NFL starts under his belt and Walker gave him the work multiple times.

Hes got plenty to work on still and I didn't like seeing him get blocked out by the TEs a couple times, but man hes got a whole hell of a lot of talent/ability to work with going forward. If/when he develops some other rush techniques, he could become a real problem in the future.

Definitely looking forward to seeing some Allen/Key/Smoot/Walker pass rushing sets in 3rd and longs.

You bring up a good point above. Once a defense has to worry about Josh Allen, it will be hard for them to dedicate the resources to walker to double team him or chip him. I think his physical ability alone will be difficult to handle when he is out there with other talent vying for attention. Obviously, he has a ways to develop, but he has never focused on this one position before. So far, it seems like he is a very hard worker and a student of the game, so I am feeling like he will show us progression throughout the year

(08-09-2022, 07:02 PM)NoShoes Wrote: Film won’t even be watched from a preseason game for a preseason game…

They don't game plan based on preseason film, but I promise you every single offensive coach and every OL on their roster has taken a good hard look at his play last week.

Browns won’t look not one bit of the HOF game for fridays game. I can promise you that lol.

(08-10-2022, 06:19 PM)NoShoes Wrote: Browns won’t look not one bit of the HOF game for fridays game. I can promise you that lol.

i'd bet my life that some if not all watched the game casually tho. Unless they are all non football fans merely playing for a check.

We'll see how he handles being on film and lines start sliding his way.

(08-10-2022, 06:19 PM)NoShoes Wrote: Browns won’t look not one bit of the HOF game for fridays game. I can promise you that lol.

Sure hope you dont gamble much or play the stock market with those kind of takes.

(08-09-2022, 06:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but here it is anyway. 

Travon took it to their LT so well that they had to start chipping him to potentially slow him down. Overall this is a good thing because he now know that he'll have to overcome the opponent's chip blocking technique.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 05:33 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-11-2022, 01:51 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(08-09-2022, 06:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but here it is anyway. 

Travon took it to their LT so well that they had to start chipping him to potentially slow him down. Overall this is a good thing because he now know that he'll have to overcome the opponent's chip blocking technique.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Yes indeed, and, if opponents start chipping him with a back, what are they going to use to chip Josh Allen?  

Also, is seems like, as opposed to single blocking or double-teaming, chipping is sort of like using a blocker and a half.  Using the back for chipping like that has to degrade the offense somewhat.

(08-10-2022, 09:25 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: We'll see how he handles being on film and lines start sliding his way.

I think the opposite, if we have more of our starters in the lineup, teams will likely slide help to the others, and leave the rookie to win one-on-ones until he proves he can.

Our hope should be that he in fact can. Only then does the D become a conundrum for the OC to figure out.

Yeah why would the coaches watch film of the previous week to simulate a game week. I mean there's obviously no benefit at all.
Rolleyes

None at all. There is no game planning in preseason. Maybe their “dress rehearsal” game, but no one is looking at snaps from the HOF game.