Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travon Walker's Debut (video opinion)

Here's Thibs tonight

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status...SydPPp_VqA

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-11-2022, 08:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Here's Thibs tonight

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status...SydPPp_VqA

Heard Evan Neal got whooped at one point last night as well with his assignment. Gave up a sack that didn't look good on the QB.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-11-2022, 05:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 01:51 AM)NH3 Wrote: Travon took it to their LT so well that they had to start chipping him to potentially slow him down. Overall this is a good thing because he now know that he'll have to overcome the opponent's chip blocking technique.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Yes indeed, and, if opponents start chipping him with a back, what are they going to use to chip Josh Allen?  

Also, is seems like, as opposed to single blocking or double-teaming, chipping is sort of like using a blocker and a half.  Using the back for chipping like that has to degrade the offense somewhat.
Personally, I don't see chipping degrading the offense. Yes, it may slow the back from getting out into the flat. But if Travon is a stud and so is Josh Allen, opposing defenses will have trouble prioritizing, so one is bound to perform.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 07:28 AM by Caldrac.)

(08-12-2022, 07:23 AM)Jagsman Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 05:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Yes indeed, and, if opponents start chipping him with a back, what are they going to use to chip Josh Allen?  

Also, is seems like, as opposed to single blocking or double-teaming, chipping is sort of like using a blocker and a half.  Using the back for chipping like that has to degrade the offense somewhat.
Personally, I don't see chipping degrading the offense. Yes, it may slow the back from getting out into the flat. But if Travon is a stud and so is Josh Allen, opposing defenses will have trouble prioritizing, so one is bound to perform.

Disagree. Sometimes those "chip" blocks are just deception plays where they sneak out into the flat or run a quick in route to pick-up an easy first down. In a perfect world? They'll just start destroying RB's and undersized TE's to where they have no choice but to pull the LG or RG over into their lane. 

This is why I am interested to see what Fatukasi is going to look like out there. It's pretty clear they're hedging their bets on him and Olokun holding down the run defense and allowing Walker and Allen complete freedom to pin their ears back the majority of the time. 

Lloyd is the other wildcard. He's a jack of all trades. Should give them some really good looks and options out there.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Neal looked terrible. Missed blocks and off balance in about every rep

(08-12-2022, 11:31 AM)NoShoes Wrote: Neal looked terrible. Missed blocks and off balance in about every rep

Yeah I never understood the people clamoring for Neal. However, I won’t base too much off of one preseason game either hah.

Looked like another strong outing? He would have had another sack had he not been held.

I think he forced the fumble early in the game.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 10:10 PM by Newton. Edited 1 time in total.)

I thought so too at first, but ultimately Jenkins was the main one who forced it. Travon being right on him about to smash him definitely played a role though.