Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mekhi Becton Likely Out For The Year // CJ Henderson doing well

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2022, 09:44 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mekhi-be...57030.html

This was the draft in which we passed on Becton (#11) for CJ Henderson (#9).

CJ seems to be doing well in Carolina with new coaching 

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/topic/177...henderson/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wish we could've somehow retained CJ and made him happy in Duval. He is from Florida and played at UF, it would make sense for him to stay. There was so much talent in that draft too, smh Dave Caldwell had to give us a sucker punch on his way out....

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 09:41 AM by NewJagsCity.)

I don't think we miss him this year. CB will not be our problem on D.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 11:52 AM by Jagsman.)

(08-11-2022, 09:41 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I don't think we miss him this year.  CB will not be our problem on D.

Depth at CB never hurts. Xavier Crawford, Chris Claybrooks, Tre Herndon, and the rookies drafted in the 6th and 7th round are our backups which is not great. If one of our starting CBs gets injured even for a couple possessions we will be in danger. On paper it's not an issue right now but it very well could be.

I am also salty that we invested a top 10 pick just two years ago and it has not had the greatest payoff (Even though, I love Dan Arnold).

(08-11-2022, 11:49 AM)Jagsman Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 09:41 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I don't think we miss him this year.  CB will not be our problem on D.

Depth at CB never hurts. Xavier Crawford, Chris Claybrooks, Tre Herndon, and the rookies drafted in the 6th and 7th round are our backups which is not great. If one of our starting CBs gets injured even for a couple possessions we will be in danger. On paper it's not an issue right now but it very well could be.

I am also salty that we invested a top 10 pick just two years ago and it has not had the greatest payoff (Even though, I love Dan Arnold).

Henderson sure seemed to need a fresh start to have a chance of refocusing. Seemed like slim chances of it getting turned around here. But, who knows? 

I don't have a lot of confidence in our DB depth either right now, but I will put this thought out there that may buffer that sentiment.

Tre Herndon is actually pretty decent depth at nickel, especially near the LOS.  (He's less effective playing outside or running deep in coverage from the slot)
If a starting corner went down (knocking on wood as I type) Williams could move to corner and Herndon to nickel and we'd get by OK in my opinion. 

At safety, Daniel Thomas has had a bit of good buzz around him this offseason (though he didn't look so hot in the HOF game.)
It's possible he could be a decent depth player as he gets more comfortable in the new defense. 

That's my best attempt at a glass-half-full look at DB depth, LOL.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-11-2022, 05:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 11:49 AM)Jagsman Wrote: Depth at CB never hurts. Xavier Crawford, Chris Claybrooks, Tre Herndon, and the rookies drafted in the 6th and 7th round are our backups which is not great. If one of our starting CBs gets injured even for a couple possessions we will be in danger. On paper it's not an issue right now but it very well could be.

Henderson sure seemed to need a fresh start to have a chance of refocusing. Seemed like slim chances of it getting turned around here. But, who knows? 

I don't have a lot of confidence in our DB depth either right now, but I will put this thought out there that may buffer that sentiment.

Tre Herndon is actually pretty decent depth at nickel, especially near the LOS.  (He's less effective playing outside or running deep in coverage from the slot)
If a starting corner went down (knocking on wood as I type) Williams could move to corner and Herndon to nickel and we'd get by OK in my opinion. 

At safety, Daniel Thomas has had a bit of good buzz around him this offseason (though he didn't look so hot in the HOF game.)
It's possible he could be a decent depth player as he gets more comfortable in the new defense. 

That's my best attempt at a glass-half-full look at DB depth, LOL.
I agree with all of this. Tre has been on the jags for a while and I respect him (turning into a jags legend). I do think he can tackle effectively. But when I see him in coverage I start to get nervous.