Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Sims is coming around on Lawrence. The Pederson effect!

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 06:26 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 3 times in total.)

I do believe Pederson is a QB whisperer  and knows how to get the most out of his QB's. .  Looks like his mechanics have improved and he has tightened up that short game accuracy.  I am pumped to see if he can do a complete 180 from last year.  Pederson with his playing and coaching experience automatically made Lawrence better. Might as well shoot the hopes to the moon on what to expect.   I am hoping this can turn into one of those dynasty building Duo's like:   Montana/Walsh, Belicheat/Shady, Reed/Mahomes, Payton/Brees, etc etc.  

Sims always liked Lawrence and has been saying he was the second best QB in their draft class. He finally saw him in person and was highly Impressed.

Pederson also had this to say:

“He’s commanding the offense,” Jaguars head coach Doug Pederson said after the team’s fifth practice. “He’s still in the growth mentality, which is exciting. He still wants to get better each and every day. We’ve seen that out of him. He’s leading not only by example but being able to go up to players and talk to them about routes or protections with the o-line or whatever it may be. He’s in a good place. It’s still early in camp, but we like where he’s headed.”
By
Brett Hawn

https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/1556...as-changed
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If you didn't have half the board blocked you may have seen this being discussed here:
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1475900

Lawrence isn't doing a 180
He's just picking up where he left off last year and growing like any quality 2nd year QB would

Only difference is that now he's doing it with a competent staff, a few better players around him, and no stupid faux-QB competition

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 08:02 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

Fantastic! I knew deep down that this was what was holding Lawrence back. Now that Simms is on the Trevor Train and is 'thoroughly impressed' by him, we can all rest easy and look forward to a record setting season. I'll sleep well tonite.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 08:22 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

Chris Simms is that guy who wants to pick the guy no one thinks is best, just for the off chance hes right and can say i told you so. Also, he may be the most annoying guy on TV.

(08-11-2022, 06:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you didn't have half the board blocked you may have seen this being discussed here:

He's just picking up where he left off last year and growing like any quality 2nd year QB would

Only difference is that now he's doing it with a competent staff, a few better players around him, and no stupid faux-QB competition

You should hope he's made a complete 180 because if he plays the way he did last year, no surrounding talent is going to save him. No matter how much you want to blame others for his mistakes he still made a ton of mistakes that fell 100000% on his shoulders. He basically put up the same rookie season of Blaine Gabbert, with better Wrs.

And don't try and tell me mike thomas/mike sims-walker and jarret dillard are better than marvin jones/chark/shenault because that's a lie.

(08-11-2022, 06:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you didn't have half the board blocked you may have seen this being discussed here:

He's just setting up his "it was all because of Pederson" spew if Trevor has a good year.

(08-11-2022, 08:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

He's just setting up his "it was all because of Pederson" spew if Trevor has a good year.

Who knew ChrisJagBoy's last name is Simms?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 08:55 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-11-2022, 08:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Chris Simms is that guy who wants to pick the guy no one thinks is best, just for the off chance hes right and can say i told you so. Also, he may be the most annoying guy on TV.

You should hope he's made a complete 180 because if he plays the way he did last year, no surrounding talent is going to save him. No matter how much you want to blame others for his mistakes he still made a ton of mistakes that fell 100000% on his shoulders. He basically put up the same rookie season of Blaine Gabbert, with better Wrs.

And don't try and tell me mike thomas/mike sims-walker and jarret dillard are better than marvin jones/chark/shenault because that's a lie.

Speaking of lies, you do realize Chark played a grand total of three games seeing as he got hurt at the very beginning of the 4th?  So I’m not quite sure how he’s included in your list.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-11-2022, 08:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

That and “I never said he was going to be a bust but just that he would need to drastically improve…. And he did! Go Jags. Always a Jags fan and I always wanted Trevor to do well”

(08-11-2022, 08:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 08:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Chris Simms is that guy who wants to pick the guy no one thinks is best, just for the off chance hes right and can say i told you so. Also, he may be the most annoying guy on TV.

Speaking of lies, you do realize Chark played a grand total of three games seeing as he got hurt at the very beginning of the 4th?  So I’m not quite sure how he’s included in your list.

Okay, so scratch Chark. 

I would take Marvin Jones and 2 guys who've never played football and feel better about my chances than having the 3 gabbert had. They were horrendus.

(08-11-2022, 09:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 08:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He's just setting up his "it was all because of Pederson" spew if Trevor has a good year.
That and “I never said he was going to be a bust but just that he would need to drastically improve…. And he did! Go Jags. Always a Jags fan and I always wanted Trevor to do well”

Yup, hes got it all set up so he can thump his chest no matter the outcome, it's hilarious.

(08-11-2022, 08:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 08:30 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He's just setting up his "it was all because of Pederson" spew if Trevor has a good year.

Who knew ChrisJagBoy's last name is Simms?

See now that's just a bad comparision. Simms loves Zach Wilson, and for as much as I critisize Trevor.. it's 10 fold for Wilson. I didn't think he'd be good at all.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 11:14 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-11-2022, 11:07 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 08:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Speaking of lies, you do realize Chark played a grand total of three games seeing as he got hurt at the very beginning of the 4th?  So I’m not quite sure how he’s included in your list.

Okay, so scratch Chark. 

I would take Marvin Jones and 2 guys who've never played football and feel better about my chances than having the 3 gabbert had. They were horrendus.

Gabbert also had the league leading rusher in MJD and Marcedes Lewis.

(08-11-2022, 11:12 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 11:07 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Okay, so scratch Chark. 

Gabbert also had the league leading rusher in MJD.

Correct he did, we ran the ball significantly more Gabberts rookie year. Yet still, Gabbert started 14 games to Trevors 17 and both of them threw 12 tds. Gabbert had 11 ints to Lawrence 17. 

But, his bad stats were because HE SUCKED and Lawrence was because HES GOOD BUT HIS WRS SUCK

Even tho, literally no one on planet earth would argue that our wrs in 2021 were worse than 2011.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 11:30 PM by Eric1. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-11-2022, 11:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 11:12 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Gabbert also had the league leading rusher in MJD.

Correct he did, we ran the ball significantly more Gabberts rookie year. Yet still, Gabbert started 14 games to Trevors 17 and both of them threw 12 tds. Gabbert had 11 ints to Lawrence 17. 

But, his bad stats were because HE SUCKED and Lawrence was because HES GOOD BUT HIS WRS SUCK

Even tho, literally no one on planet earth would argue that our wrs in 2021 were worse than 2011.

RB and TE were better in 2011, WRs were slightly better in 2021 (and that's only because of Marvin). Defense was better in 2011 and the all around Coaching was a million times better in 2011.

Gabbert was a fish out of water in 2011 and it was easy to see. He didn't show anything but the ability to chuck and duck. I don't really care what the numbers say, the eye test shows they're nothing a like besides their height and blonde hair.

Also the fact that you continue to think there's only two sides of opinion on Lawrence from this past season is some of the dumbest [BLEEP] I've ever seen dude. The sides simply aren't just "Lawrence was good, or Lawrence was bad" like you continue to go on about.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 01:40 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-11-2022, 11:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 11:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Correct he did, we ran the ball significantly more Gabberts rookie year. Yet still, Gabbert started 14 games to Trevors 17 and both of them threw 12 tds. Gabbert had 11 ints to Lawrence 17. 

RB and TE were better in 2011, WRs were slightly better in 2021 (and that's only because of Marvin). Defense was better in 2011 and the all around Coaching was a million times better in 2011.

Gabbert was a fish out of water in 2011 and it was easy to see. He didn't show anything but the ability to chuck and duck. I don't really care what the numbers say, the eye test shows they're nothing a like besides their height and blonde hair.

Also the fact that you continue to think there's only two sides of opinion on Lawrence from this past season is some of the dumbest [BLEEP] I've ever seen dude. The sides simply aren't just "Lawrence was good, or Lawrence was bad" like you continue to go on about.
What does the defense in 2011 have to do with both QBs playing about the same in terms of production. We aren't talking about wins, cause again Gabbert in less games played had more wins.. but that's a team stat. 

You're right, Gabbert was a fish out of water in 2011. So was Lawrence, and your blind homerisim is the only thing keeping you from admitting it. Maybe it was all urban meyers fault that Trevor looked unprepared. But he was, regardless. He wasn't going to have a good season whether he was on the jags, pats, bucs.. it didn't matter, he wasnt ready last year.

And you're right, this isn't a "he's good, or he's bad discussion".. this is a realistic take on his rookie year, vs blind homerism. He did not play well most of last season, realisticly his only good game was the last game and it was only good by his standards, very average amongst good quarterbacks.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 02:45 AM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-12-2022, 01:38 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 11:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote: RB and TE were better in 2011, WRs were slightly better in 2021 (and that's only because of Marvin). Defense was better in 2011 and the all around Coaching was a million times better in 2011.

What does the defense in 2011 have to do with both QBs playing about the same in terms of production. We aren't talking about wins, cause again Gabbert in less games played had more wins.. but that's a team stat. 

You're right, Gabbert was a fish out of water in 2011. So was Lawrence, and your blind homerisim is the only thing keeping you from admitting it. Maybe it was all urban meyers fault that Trevor looked unprepared. But he was, regardless. He wasn't going to have a good season whether he was on the jags, pats, bucs.. it didn't matter, he wasnt ready last year.

And you're right, this isn't a "he's good, or he's bad discussion".. this is a realistic take on his rookie year, vs blind homerism. He did not play well most of last season, realisticly his only good game was the last game and it was only good by his standards, very average amongst good quarterbacks.

Football... The ultimate team sport... "Why are you bringing up Defense, that's a team stat"... Does the OL breaking down and allowing pressure, or the receivers dropping balls not count towards the teams production, or lack there of? Does the Defense not allowing the opposing team to score on every 1st and 2nd possession not effect the team as a whole? Does the opposing Defense stacking the box with 9+ guys nearly every snap not help the QB (like they did against MJD)? This is how I know I'm continuing to waste my time but here goes.

You're lost dude and that's why I haven't wasted much of my time responding to your circle jerk opinion on this matter. Mainly because myself and many others have already went over this 6+ months ago. All you do is assume dumb [BLEEP] and talk out of your [BLEEP]. Your "realistic" take is about as realistic as me breathing oxygen in outer space.

You claim you've been here for decades, yet don't provide a previous account/s. You claim there's magical websites that show everything, yet fail to provide said website. You claim blind homerism, but ignore all the takes from outside sources who couldn't give two [BLEEP] about this team, or Lawrence.

You've dug your heels so deep into your dumb [BLEEP] take that you simply just can't go back now, I get it. You'll just eventually create a new account instead, like I'm positive you did previously because of some similar dumb bs takes on whatever matter.

There's not a single person on this site who has said Lawrence was great, or mistake free in his rookie season. He absolutely had his share of errors and issues, but you have literally convinced yourself that anybody who doesn't agree with your awful take on Lawrence means their just blind homers, who think he was the 2nd coming of the greatest to ever do it or something like that.

Also the fact that you think he would of looked the same on the Pats, or Bucs as he did with the trash that Urban Meyer brought just shows you're entirely lost dude. What another dumb [BLEEP] assumption that is on your part. You probably think Mac Jones was great huh, even though the Pats literally proved they could win without him doing anything but handing off the football.  Laughing

(08-11-2022, 11:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 11:12 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Gabbert also had the league leading rusher in MJD.

look beyond the statsheet, clownface.
go back and watch Gabby cower in the pocket and turtle up in the face of pressure. There's no comparison to their composure. THAT is the reason why a whole lot more people are optimistic today. Fewer INTs were because he curled into a fetal ball as soon as he felt a rush.

Take it easy guys, the little fella was like 7 years old when Gabbs was a rookie.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'll say what I said in the other thread....with such a history of bad/misguided opinions, why in the world would anyone even pay attention to Chris at all?

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 09:25 AM by JagFanatic24.)

(08-12-2022, 01:38 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 11:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote: RB and TE were better in 2011, WRs were slightly better in 2021 (and that's only because of Marvin). Defense was better in 2011 and the all around Coaching was a million times better in 2011.

ChrisJagBoy kinda has a point. Lawrence was below mid. I expected cuz to throw atleast 20 TDs. I think he went into his final game last year with single digit TD passes.

But the potential is there. Lawrence does have superstar potential. He still needs a bonafide stud at WR.