Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Sims is coming around on Lawrence. The Pederson effect!

(08-11-2022, 08:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Chris Simms is that guy who wants to pick the guy no one thinks is best, just for the off chance hes right and can say i told you so. Also, he may be the most annoying guy on TV.

(08-11-2022, 06:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you didn't have half the board blocked you may have seen this being discussed here:
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1475900

Lawrence isn't doing a 180
He's just picking up where he left off last year and growing like any quality 2nd year QB would

Only difference is that now he's doing it with a competent staff, a few better players around him, and no stupid faux-QB competition

You should hope he's made a complete 180 because if he plays the way he did last year, no surrounding talent is going to save him. No matter how much you want to blame others for his mistakes he still made a ton of mistakes that fell 100000% on his shoulders. He basically put up the same rookie season of Blaine Gabbert, with better Wrs.

And don't try and tell me mike thomas/mike sims-walker and jarret dillard are better than marvin jones/chark/shenault because that's a lie.

This is you scrambling and flailing to protect your horrible takes on Lawrence with some "complete 180, miracle improvement" horse [BLEEP].

It's laughable.

The reality is that you simply could not discern that you were witnessing a talented young QB thrust into an impossible situation.  You didn't see it. 
Nearly everyone else did. 
End of story.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This Chris feller is one annoying cat!

(08-11-2022, 11:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 11:12 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Gabbert also had the league leading rusher in MJD.

Correct he did, we ran the ball significantly more Gabberts rookie year. Yet still, Gabbert started 14 games to Trevors 17 and both of them threw 12 tds. Gabbert had 11 ints to Lawrence 17. 

But, his bad stats were because HE SUCKED and Lawrence was because HES GOOD BUT HIS WRS SUCK

Even tho, literally no one on planet earth would argue that our wrs in 2021 were worse than 2011.

Lawrence had Urban Meyer as coach.

Gabbert had.... well real NFL coaches.

I don't think anyone has blamed Trevs down rookie year totally on WRs either. They did like have top 3 drops in the league though.
Lawrence started the season very poorly though. It was all him first few games. 
He was pretty damn good late in the year though in spite of poor WR play, bad coaching, an awful right side of the line and his top two RBs out.

I really hate Chris Simms. Almost as much as I hate the tacks

Comparing Trevor with Blaine is kind of like comparing [BLEEP] with chocolate. If you're just glancing at them superficially you might think they're the same, but anything more makes it obvious they're not.

Gabbert didn't have the heart. I will say he destroyed us when he played us with Arizona but as a Jaguar he stunk. The one thing people forget is Gabbert lacked receivers here. He was bad but the Jags did him no favors. Blackmon was his only #1 and that was short lived and inconsistent.

Gabbert was a bad starter but made a career as a back up. Fun fact, Gabbs is still in the league and plays for Tampa Bay.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-12-2022, 08:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Gabbert didn't have the heart. I will say he destroyed us when he played us with Arizona but as a Jaguar he stunk. The one thing people forget is Gabbert lacked receivers here. He was bad but the Jags did him no favors. Blackmon was his only #1  and that was short lived and inconsistent.

Gabbert was a bad starter but  made a career as a back up. Fun fact, Gabbs is still in the league and plays for Tampa Bay.

In hindsight, Gabbert was doomed from the start, because he was a guy who didn't react well to pressure, and we put him behind a bad offensive line.  On a better team, maybe he could have settled in and had a better career.  Who knows?

(08-12-2022, 10:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 08:19 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Chris Simms is that guy who wants to pick the guy no one thinks is best, just for the off chance hes right and can say i told you so. Also, he may be the most annoying guy on TV.

You should hope he's made a complete 180 because if he plays the way he did last year, no surrounding talent is going to save him. No matter how much you want to blame others for his mistakes he still made a ton of mistakes that fell 100000% on his shoulders. He basically put up the same rookie season of Blaine Gabbert, with better Wrs.

And don't try and tell me mike thomas/mike sims-walker and jarret dillard are better than marvin jones/chark/shenault because that's a lie.

This is you scrambling and flailing to protect your horrible takes on Lawrence with some "complete 180, miracle improvement" horse [BLEEP].

It's laughable.

The reality is that you simply could not discern that you were witnessing a talented young QB thrust into an impossible situation.  You didn't see it. 
End of story.

Is sad because even if you  see some of the [BLEEP] he says as being something worth a discussion. The way he presents his [BLEEP] takes makes him seem like one of the biggest Cucks in this boards existence so it’s hard to have a legitimate discussion without halfway attacking his dumb [BLEEP] for being so [BLEEP] stupid. The is no way a guy that annoying has never been punched in face at least a few times(but probably on pretty regular basis)just for being himself.

He has dug his heels in so hard on this dumb [BLEEP] that even when people halfway agree with him, it’s almost hard to not look at them as being dip [BLEEP] as well(most of the time a person has to lead into those posts with “you know CJB has a slight point with some of what he says”) .

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 09:19 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(08-12-2022, 07:12 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Comparing Trevor with Blaine is kind of like comparing [BLEEP] with chocolate. If you're just glancing at them superficially you might think they're the same, but anything more makes it obvious they're not.

I'm not comparing their hair style, I'm comparing their production.

Gabbert was more effecient scoring in his rookie season, 12 tds 14 games than Trevor 12 tds 17 games and threw less picks. Gabbert had without a doubt the worse WR core aswell.

(08-13-2022, 07:36 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 10:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: This is you scrambling and flailing to protect your horrible takes on Lawrence with some "complete 180, miracle improvement" horse [BLEEP].

It's laughable.

End of story.

Is sad because even if you  see some of the [BLEEP] he says as being something worth a discussion. The way he presents his [BLEEP] takes makes him seem like one of the biggest Cucks in this boards existence so it’s hard to have a legitimate discussion without halfway attacking his dumb [BLEEP] for being so [BLEEP] stupid. The is no way a guy that annoying has never been punched in face at least a few times(but probably on pretty regular basis)just for being himself.

He has dug his heels in so hard on this dumb [BLEEP] that even when people halfway agree with him, it’s almost hard to not look at them as being dip [BLEEP] as well(most of the time a person has to lead into those posts with “you know CJB has a slight point with some of what he says”) .

You sound like an absolute sheep. In the real world tho, not a computer screen in your moms basement I have a lot of friends and people appreciate someone who is capable of having their own opinion based in reality and not somebody who sits and circle jerks with everyone else to sound cool or because of blatant bias.

(08-12-2022, 10:39 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 11:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Correct he did, we ran the ball significantly more Gabberts rookie year. Yet still, Gabbert started 14 games to Trevors 17 and both of them threw 12 tds. Gabbert had 11 ints to Lawrence 17. 

But, his bad stats were because HE SUCKED and Lawrence was because HES GOOD BUT HIS WRS SUCK

Even tho, literally no one on planet earth would argue that our wrs in 2021 were worse than 2011.

Lawrence had Urban Meyer as coach.

I don't think anyone has blamed Trevs down rookie year totally on WRs either. They did like have top 3 drops in the league though.
He was pretty damn good late in the year though in spite of poor WR play, bad coaching, an awful right side of the line and his top two RBs out.

This is what I mean.. he started poorly but was good late?

HUH? He had a stretch of games in the middle/end of the season where he had no touchdowns... he was absolutely terrible until the colts game, where he put up a very average game for a good QB. I'm not doubting he has potential but the absolute lack of awareness from this forum drives me insane. He was not good last year at all.

(08-13-2022, 09:15 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 07:12 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Comparing Trevor with Blaine is kind of like comparing [BLEEP] with chocolate. If you're just glancing at them superficially you might think they're the same, but anything more makes it obvious they're not.

Gabbert was more effecient scoring in his rookie season, 12 tds 14 games than Trevor 12 tds 17 games and threw less picks. Gabbert had without a doubt the worse WR core aswell.

(08-13-2022, 07:36 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Is sad because even if you  see some of the [BLEEP] he says as being something worth a discussion. The way he presents his [BLEEP] takes makes him seem like one of the biggest Cucks in this boards existence so it’s hard to have a legitimate discussion without halfway attacking his dumb [BLEEP] for being so [BLEEP] stupid. The is no way a guy that annoying has never been punched in face at least a few times(but probably on pretty regular basis)just for being himself.

You sound like an absolute sheep. In the real world tho, not a computer screen in your moms basement I have a lot of friends and people appreciate someone who is capable of having their own opinion based in reality and not somebody who sits and circle jerks with everyone else to sound cool or because of blatant bias.

[Image: edgy-so-edgy.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 09:37 AM by Khan Artist. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-13-2022, 09:22 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 10:39 AM)Kane Wrote: Lawrence had Urban Meyer as coach.

HUH? He had a stretch of games in the middle/end of the season where he had no touchdowns... he was absolutely terrible until the colts game, where he put up a very average game for a good QB. I'm not doubting he has potential but the absolute lack of awareness from this forum drives me insane. He was not good last year at all.

Man, just save yourself some time and admit that you had no clue what you were watching and despite your rampant claims of always being right you are not as well-versed in evaluating QBs as you think.

Virtually everyone apart from one or two guys who UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY'RE SEEING BECAUSE IT'S THEIR JOB have said that Trevor had a lot of bright spots last year and that he would be good.  And they did this about a JAGUARS player, and you hate it for some reason.

(08-13-2022, 07:36 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Is sad because even if you  see some of the [BLEEP] he says as being something worth a discussion. The way he presents his [BLEEP] takes makes him seem like one of the biggest Cucks in this boards existence so it’s hard to have a legitimate discussion without halfway attacking his dumb [BLEEP] for being so [BLEEP] stupid. The is no way a guy that annoying has never been punched in face at least a few times(but probably on pretty regular basis)just for being himself.

I rest my case. If you're making the comparison based on the superficial (stats on a website, for example) then you're doing exactly what I said you're doing. You're thinking Trevor is something like Gabbert because they had what you think of as similar production numbers as rookies.

Anyone that actually examines it more closely comes away thinking Trevor is good while Gabbert was bad.

Sick burns bro hahaha…. It’s adorable when you think you are really getting someone

[BLEEP] moron

(08-13-2022, 09:22 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 10:39 AM)Kane Wrote: Lawrence had Urban Meyer as coach.

Dude there's plenty of all 22 to look at that proves you wrong. But you do you boo boo

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 01:21 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(08-13-2022, 09:37 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 09:22 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This is what I mean.. he started poorly but was good late?

Man, just save yourself some time and admit that you had no clue what you were watching and despite your rampant claims of always being right you are not as well-versed in evaluating QBs as you think.

Virtually everyone apart from one or two guys who UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY'RE SEEING BECAUSE IT'S THEIR JOB have said that Trevor had a lot of bright spots last year and that he would be good.  And they did this about a JAGUARS player, and you hate it for some reason.

You can tell me all day long that Trevor has physical talent and the ability to be good, and I will agree with you. But when you try to tell me he played well last season for us, that's where I realize you either didn't watch the games, or you just don't understand how the game works.

(08-13-2022, 11:44 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 09:15 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I'm not comparing their hair style, I'm comparing their production.

Sick burns bro hahaha…. It’s adorable when you think you are really getting someone

[BLEEP] moron

Got [BLEEP] on the same way in 2014/15 when I said Blake Bortles was trash.

Guess I was wrong then too.

(08-11-2022, 11:15 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 11:12 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Gabbert also had the league leading rusher in MJD.

Correct he did, we ran the ball significantly more Gabberts rookie year. Yet still, Gabbert started 14 games to Trevors 17 and both of them threw 12 tds. Gabbert had 11 ints to Lawrence 17. 

First, you are being a little selective in your stats.  Although Lawrence had more interceptions, their interception percentages were nearly equal.  You're also not mentioning a ton of other stats.  Lawrence threw for 3,641 yards compared to Gabbert who only threw for 2,214.  Lawrence had a better completion percentage, yards per attempt, yards per game, quarterback rate and QBR.  Lawrence also had more rushing yards and rushing TD's.  

Second, because the 2011 Jaguars had the NFL's best running back in MJD, teams defended against it.  They emphasized run defense at the expense of pass defense.  This was a HUGE advantage that Gabbert had but Lawrence did not.  Teams were daring the Jaguars to pass in 2011 and Gabbert still couldn't take advantage.

Third, in another message, you mention Mike Thomas, Sims-Walker and Dillard.  While not great, this trio of wide receivers had 1,674 yards and 12 TD's with Garrard as the quarterback during the prior year.  With Gabbert, they combined for only 532 yards and 1 TD.  Much of the little production that Gabbert did have in 2011 came through MJD and Marcedes Lewis.  Most of those were at best very short throws and sometimes a dump off behind the line of scrimmage.  If Gabbert thows a very easy dump-off to MJD behind the line of scrimmage and MJD breaks some tackles to run it for 30 yards for a TD, the quarterback gets credit for a 30 yard reception and a passing TD.  However, that's very different than throwing the ball downfield 30 yards to make a reception.  This is where you need to actually watch the game.  Lawrence showed potential as rookie.  Gabbert did not.

(08-11-2022, 06:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If you didn't have half the board blocked you may have seen this being discussed here:

He's just picking up where he left off last year and growing like any quality 2nd year QB would

Only difference is that now he's doing it with a competent staff, a few better players around him, and no stupid faux-QB competition

I’ll never get why people come to a forum, especially one with a small user count and block people… Petty and borderline childish, lol. Chris Simms has horrid takes, I’d be worried if he’s coming around..

(08-13-2022, 05:26 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

I’ll never get why people come to a forum, especially one with a small user count and block people… Petty and borderline childish, lol. Chris Simms has horrid takes, I’d be worried if he’s coming around..

Because I come here to discuss football and not argue with some name calling trolls.  I refuse to feed these trolls or allow their vomit to splat across my monitor.  Just like in real life just ignore toxic people.  Most of my block list are trolls who often attack other people users and have a history of hurling insults.

In Lamens terms : I do not respect their opinion and do not want to read their trash. I feel like my IQ drops reading some of their post.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-13-2022, 05:26 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

I’ll never get why people come to a forum, especially one with a small user count and block peoplePetty and borderline childish, lol. Chris Simms has horrid takes, I’d be worried if he’s coming around..

Agreed, from what I have seen they mainly block people that do not agree with them and disprove their opinions. A basic lack of being able to honestly debate an issue. They tend to do more insulting than anyone else on this board.
A new broom always sweeps clean.