Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Preseason week 1

(08-14-2022, 11:34 AM)Jagsman Wrote: I despise the Steelers

Good to know hatred of the Steelers still lingers in this fanbase.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 06:50 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 7 times in total.)

(08-14-2022, 06:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 11:34 AM)Jagsman Wrote: I despise the Steelers

Good to know hatred of the Steelers still lingers in this fanbase.

For me, the Tacks are still the standard for Jaguar hatred. Even in spite of personally liking D. Henry and this Willis kid. The Steelers have never directly stopped us from going to a SB. In fact, we've thwarted them more than they have us. I love Tomlin, and am liking what I see so far from this Pickett kid.

2nd on that list would be the Patriots. Not sure why they are 2nd in my head since they prevented us from 2 SB's, but....
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(08-14-2022, 06:25 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 06:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Good to know hatred of the Steelers still lingers in this fanbase.

For me, the Tacks are still the standard for Jaguar hatred.  Even in spite of personally liking D. Henry and this Willis kid.  The Steelers have never directly stopped us from going to a SB.  In fact, we've thwarted them more than they have us.  I love Tomlin, and am liking what I see so far from this Pickett kid.

2nd on that list would be the Patriots.  Not sure why they are 2nd in my head since they prevented us from 2 SB's, but....

Yes, the titans we hate the most. I also get annoyed when the jags lose to the texans in years where we are "supposed ' to be the better team or should at least be competitive with them. The colts I dont hate oddly enough but still get super excited when the jags beat them.

(08-14-2022, 06:25 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 06:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Good to know hatred of the Steelers still lingers in this fanbase.

For me, the Tacks are still the standard for Jaguar hatred.  Even in spite of personally liking D. Henry and this Willis kid.  The Steelers have never directly stopped us from going to a SB.  In fact, we've thwarted them more than they have us.  I love Tomlin, and am liking what I see so far from this Pickett kid.

2nd on that list would be the Patriots.  Not sure why they are 2nd in my head since they prevented us from 2 SB's, but....

I respect the hell out of Tomlin, but that doesn't mean I have to like the team he coaches.

I grew up hating the Stillers, and I've seen no reason to change in all my years.

(08-15-2022, 01:12 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 06:25 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: For me, the Tacks are still the standard for Jaguar hatred.  Even in spite of personally liking D. Henry and this Willis kid.  The Steelers have never directly stopped us from going to a SB.  In fact, we've thwarted them more than they have us.  I love Tomlin, and am liking what I see so far from this Pickett kid.

I respect the hell out of Tomlin, but that doesn't mean I have to like the team he coaches.

I grew up hating the Stillers, and I've seen no reason to change in all my years.

I don’t have a problem with the Steelers per say.

On the other hand, Steelers fans…
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 07:11 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-15-2022, 01:12 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 06:25 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: For me, the Tacks are still the standard for Jaguar hatred.  Even in spite of personally liking D. Henry and this Willis kid.  The Steelers have never directly stopped us from going to a SB.  In fact, we've thwarted them more than they have us.  I love Tomlin, and am liking what I see so far from this Pickett kid.

We are in 100% agreement on this.

(08-14-2022, 09:30 PM)Jag88 Wrote:

Yes, the titans we hate the most. I also get annoyed when the jags lose to the texans in years where we are "supposed ' to be the better team or should at least be competitive with them. The colts I dont hate oddly enough but still get super excited when the jags beat them.

Screw em all...but SCREW the Steelers and Tacks.

(08-15-2022, 07:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/155854921...ious-white

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/155923857...afk1hBZp5g

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/155922367...afk1hBZp5g

I've heard he is winning the QB battle up there.

ALso heard that Trubisky is the clear #1 in Pittsburgh. 

I predicted the Steelers would fall off this year, but if they can fix their OL, they could be more of a threat than many realize.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 09:00 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-15-2022, 08:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-15-2022, 07:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/155854921...ious-white

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/155923857...afk1hBZp5g

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/155922367...afk1hBZp5g

I've heard he is winning the QB battle up there.

I predicted the Steelers would fall off this year, but if they can fix their OL, they could be more of a threat than many realize.

The Steelers oline is one of the worst in the league.  Their CB group is weak as well.  The do have some talent at other positions though. Curious to see how Jack does

(08-15-2022, 08:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-15-2022, 08:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I've heard he is winning the QB battle up there.

The Steelers oline is one of the worst in the league.  Their CB group is weak as well.  The do have some talent at other positions though.  Curious to see how Jack does

I've heard some favorable reviews of Jack.

For the longest time, I've felt that Steelers fans might be a little disappointed with him, if his history with is is any indication.This isn't a case of Jack no longer being any good because he is no longer a Jaguar.  He is still a superb athlete.  But I don't know if him toggling between RB and LB in college stunted his instincts, or if the Jaguars did not develop or otherwise stunting his instincts constantly switching his positions, or if he somehow never had the instincts for the position.  But his superb athleticism too infrequently translated into instinctive play.  It seems like when he was given the task of getting the defense lined up/wearing the green dot helmet he seemed to struggle.

If any team can get the most out of him, it's the Steelers.  They have been running the same scheme for decades and they've been drafting, coaching and developing good LBs to fit that system for decades with much success.  But because of that, the fans and media (to say nothing of the team itself) will have high expectations of him.  If he doesn't play up to his capabilities in Pittsburgh he's going to hear about it.

(08-15-2022, 01:47 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-15-2022, 01:12 PM)Mikey Wrote: I respect the hell out of Tomlin, but that doesn't mean I have to like the team he coaches.

I don’t have a problem with the Steelers per say.

On the other hand, Steelers fans…

Per say you se?