Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Browns @ Jags ***

(08-13-2022, 08:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 07:51 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: Good news is, he’s not going to be an every down back.

Exactly, which reinforces the concerns expressed when he was drafted.
Yep

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 11:10 AM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-13-2022, 07:39 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Browns sat 5 Pro Bowl offensive players.  Hunt, Chubb, Conklin, Amari Cooper, and Myles Garrett, their best defensiv player.  Watson received an F from CLE fans on poll of his performance.  Have to temper my optimism based on the players they sat.

The 1st team offense looked much better.  

FGs vs. TDs, chunk plays and the inability to contain RBs bouncing to the outside are still a concern.  Overall, Jags ones beat their one.

This first preseason game was an improvement, but still a bit to go. Now that is normal for this time of year for teams with the talent and experience level we currently have.  Still a lot of work to do and things to correct before the first game. I still believe the season depends on how fast this team can come together as a unit.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(08-13-2022, 07:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 11:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahaha dude hasn’t played in a real game in over a year after a major surgery.

Get a grip.

My biggest concern from watching him play is that he looks thin/slight of frame on the field. I know he's 210 or whatever but he's not built like an every down back.

My thoughts as well. He looks like he could get snapped in half if awkwardly gang tackled. Hopefully he's tougher than he looks.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(08-13-2022, 11:22 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 07:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: My biggest concern from watching him play is that he looks thin/slight of frame on the field. I know he's 210 or whatever but he's not built like an every down back.

My thoughts as well.  He looks like he could get snapped in half if awkwardly gang tackled.  Hopefully he's tougher than he looks.

They needed to get a look at him in game play and they did. 

I feel pretty confident we'll be seeing James Robinson get touches on the plays not well-suited to ETN.

I'd wager they have a more gadgety package drawn up for Etienne just like Pederson did with Sproles back in the day.

Etienne is 215 lbs and showed plenty of power and balance. He didn't go down on the initial hit like say....Fournette. He's going be a good back. Heck Faulk was only 205-210 and that's my early comparison for Etienne.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-13-2022, 07:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 11:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahaha dude hasn’t played in a real game in over a year after a major surgery.

Get a grip.

My biggest concern from watching him play is that he looks thin/slight of frame on the field. I know he's 210 or whatever but he's not built like an every down back.
He's 215.  Is Marshall Faulk, Alvin Kamara, Walter Payton, Breece Hall etc an every down back?  Or thin and slight framed to you?  215 isn't a small back.  He might not be a big back like Chubb, Henry, Harris but he isn't a small back.  The good thing is we have JRob so he doesn't have to be a every down back, neither does JRob.  We can try to keep them fresh

(08-13-2022, 01:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 11:22 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: My thoughts as well.  He looks like he could get snapped in half if awkwardly gang tackled.  Hopefully he's tougher than he looks.

They needed to get a look at him in game play and they did. 

I feel pretty confident we'll be seeing James Robinson get touches on the plays not well-suited to ETN.

I'd wager they have a more gadgety package drawn up for Etienne just like Pederson did with Sproles back in the day.

Agree, that makes sense.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I thought Snoop Conner showed some good burst. He’s a season project.