Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Players of the game/Bums of the Game vs Browns

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 10:40 PM by jaguarmvp. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good List:

Lawrence:  Could of has 2 tds if ETN did not drop that ball in the redzone.  Had a solid peformance. I love the offensive scheme and how they are playing to his strengths. Lots of bootlegs, rpo's, and a heavy run attack.

ETN:  A few hard runs and even some catches.  One of the announcers compared him to Kamara how we would use him.  Explosive speed.

Walker/Griffin:  I think Walker layed the lick that forced the fumble and Griffin recovered it.  

Bad:

Shatley:  Look like he shat himself once or twice.  Gave us some ugly pressures
Luton:  I don't see how they keep him on the roster
Chassion:  His name fits because he is always chasing after a player who got by him.  He is bad and a certified bust.  He may not make the 53

The entire backup unit:  We are in more trouble then most if we have to count on depth.  These guys really stick.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jenkins forced the Fumble not Walker.

Our backup offensive line got shoved around by the Cleveland backup defensive line. They looked really bad.

We almost have a complete, quality first string team. With a few exceptions. Center and left guard looked like a weakness.

But the second stringers are awful so far. The kool-aid is starting to wear off, and I think, while we are greatly improved, we will still have a losing record this year.

ETN had a 2.5 YPC and as many drops as catches. He wasn't good by any stretch.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-13-2022, 07:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: ETN had a 2.5 YPC and as many drops as catches. He wasn't good by any stretch.

Tough crowd

(08-13-2022, 07:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: ETN had a 2.5 YPC and as many drops as catches. He wasn't good by any stretch.

Etienne a welcomed sight. The 2021 campaign was a forgettable one for the Jaguars, but first-round pick running back ?Travis Etienne didn't even get to the regular season, as a Lisfranc injury ended his rookie year before it began. He was back on the field Friday and his quickness, speed and agility looked to be in prime form. He finished the game with nine carries for 23 yards and one catch for 10, but stat line, schmat line. This was a positive showing for Etienne, who's no doubt looking to make up for lost time. Etienne's fellow first-rounder, quarterback ?Trevor Lawrence, also looked solid after a slow start with his accuracy and clearly still has a great chemistry with his former Clemson teammate, who he targeted three times. If ?James Robinson returns healthy and Etienne continues to look like he did Friday, fortunes bode well for the Duval backfield.

Via NFL.com
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Ya, this team has a serious depth issue. One or two key injuries and this team may fall apart. Those backups stunk
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Good:
-Lawrence
-Zay Jones
-Pretty much the entire starting D
-Snoop- wouldn’t say he looked great but I think if you give him some reps behind the first team line he may look a lot better

Bad:
Almost all of the second team. The moment first te was done it was a noticeable. After not converting a first down the first three series. Watson drove right down the field. Then the screens and chunk plays started reappearing just like last week.
Depth is going to be a issue. If we stay healthy this is going to be a surprising season.
Luton is terrible. No way he makes the team

Complaining about depth on a team that’s had the #1 pick in back to back years? Guess that’s better than complaining about the Starters lol

And most teams don’t have good depth because it’s really hard to have that. Which teams have good depth anyway?

(08-13-2022, 08:00 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Complaining about depth on a team that’s had the #1 pick in back to back years? Guess that’s better than complaining about the Starters lol

And most teams don’t have good depth because it’s really hard to have that. Which teams have good depth anyway?

Well I don’t know about good, but the browns and Raiders certainly have more than ours. At least if you look at what ours looked like against theirs over the past two weeks.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 08:19 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-13-2022, 08:00 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Complaining about depth on a team that’s had the #1 pick in back to back years? Guess that’s better than complaining about the Starters lol

Well, apparently, Cleveland has much better depth than we have.

(08-13-2022, 08:12 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:

Well I don’t know about good, but the browns and Raiders certainly have more than ours. At least if you look at what ours looked like against theirs over the past two weeks.
Well both of those teams have made the playoffs at least once the last 2 seasons so I would assume their overall roster is better.

I’m just not overly concerned with depth at the moment because it’s been forever since the starters were even competent. 

But again, I would much rather complaint about depth than the starters like we do in previous seasons.

Also. Zay continues to surprise me. His chemistry with Trevor seems to be the best on the team and that’s saying something. I hope he keeps it up.

Trevor did some good things last night and has the rest of the pre-season to tighten up some of those throws and decisions. 6/12 95 yards and a TD and no interceptions, not bad, but the receivers I noticed after running their routes didn’t do him any favors by not moving around trying to get open. At one point I saw 3 receivers all bunched together just standing there. That falls on the Coaches. First team Defense was on point, they shut Watson down cold…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(08-13-2022, 07:36 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:

Etienne a welcomed sight. The 2021 campaign was a forgettable one for the Jaguars, but first-round pick running back ?Travis Etienne didn't even get to the regular season, as a Lisfranc injury ended his rookie year before it began. He was back on the field Friday and his quickness, speed and agility looked to be in prime form. He finished the game with nine carries for 23 yards and one catch for 10, but stat line, schmat line. This was a positive showing for Etienne, who's no doubt looking to make up for lost time. Etienne's fellow first-rounder, quarterback ?Trevor Lawrence, also looked solid after a slow start with his accuracy and clearly still has a great chemistry with his former Clemson teammate, who he targeted three times. If ?James Robinson returns healthy and Etienne continues to look like he did Friday, fortunes bode well for the Duval backfield.

Via NFL.com

"The former first round pick who has yet to play an NFL regular season game didn't get hurt in his first extensive playing time since college but otherwise didn't show much" isn't the ringing endorsement everyone seems to think it is. The Browns back Ford was clearly superior in this game and it wasn't close. What it does seem to indicate so far is that we have a COP/Scat back who will help the offense.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I’ll say the same thing I said last game…how many times are you going to see the ENTIRE second or third unit playing together in the regular season.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Give me 18 great players and 12 more good ones with the rest just terrible rather than 53 average/mediocre players any time.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 10:13 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Some of our back ups are the worst in the league. I would bet on that. That's where the bad drafting really kicks in.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 08:44 AM by Ronster.)

(08-13-2022, 08:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Give me 18 great players and 12 more good ones with the rest just terrible rather than 53 average/mediocre players any time.

True, true…. Let’s hope Trevor stays upright and healthy…. Knock on wood…

Zay Jones looked really good out there.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(08-13-2022, 08:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 07:36 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Etienne a welcomed sight. The 2021 campaign was a forgettable one for the Jaguars, but first-round pick running back ?Travis Etienne didn't even get to the regular season, as a Lisfranc injury ended his rookie year before it began. He was back on the field Friday and his quickness, speed and agility looked to be in prime form. He finished the game with nine carries for 23 yards and one catch for 10, but stat line, schmat line. This was a positive showing for Etienne, who's no doubt looking to make up for lost time. Etienne's fellow first-rounder, quarterback ?Trevor Lawrence, also looked solid after a slow start with his accuracy and clearly still has a great chemistry with his former Clemson teammate, who he targeted three times. If ?James Robinson returns healthy and Etienne continues to look like he did Friday, fortunes bode well for the Duval backfield.

Via NFL.com

"The former first round pick who has yet to play an NFL regular season game didn't get hurt in his first extensive playing time since college but otherwise didn't show much" isn't the ringing endorsement everyone seems to think it is. The Browns back Ford was clearly superior in this game and it wasn't close. What it does seem to indicate so far is that we have a COP/Scat back who will help the offense.

Ford also did it against backups, though.

This game brought a huge smile to my face.