Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Browns Preseason Game

(08-15-2022, 09:02 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 10:14 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Speculation is what happens in a forum. I get worn out by people wanting to settle discussion. That is why we have a message board.

Also of note... by its nature science is never settled. Science is a process of testing and learning.

Football stats are indicators and discussion points. Fans take up arguments to feel better about the time we invest in following a team.

Enjoy the ride. Tom Brady is a generational talent, everyone else is chasing.

I would also remind people that even Tom Brady threw 234 incompletions in the regular season last year.  Some on here expect Trevor never to have a bad throw.
To your last sentence, spot on.

His first 2 drives, with a real HC and a real offense were shaky but what did some people expect?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

TO get back to the actual game since we all know Trevor is talented and will develop just fine...

It was a breath of fresh air seeing WRs get open. Seeing us actually get crossing route down field and exploit soft zones like teams do to us year after year? Man it was nice to see. I've always sat there thinking "how are we not able to get players open like these other teams?" Well......

Walker looks fantastic and I've completely changed my mind on the pick. I hated the choice and wanted Hutch. I still think hutch will be good, but Walker's upside is very apparent.

Taylor > Little in this one, though Little seemed to settle in a bit later.

ETN is explosive, he and a healthy JRob are going to be a ridiculous combo

I'm excited to see this team complete. As good as the offense looked and players were getting open, that was without Kirk, Shenault, JRob, Agnew. And the defense was missing Darious Williams and obivously Devin Lloyd. I'm just shocked with how good the offense looks while missing expected key contributors and our expected #1 WR

Fry looks like the better of the two kickers at this point to me. Just seemed a little better ball and flight and accuracy.

(08-15-2022, 10:04 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: TO get back to the actual game since we all know Trevor is talented and will develop just fine...

It was a breath of fresh air seeing WRs get open. Seeing us actually get crossing route down field and exploit soft zones like teams do to us year after year? Man it was nice to see. I've always sat there thinking "how are we not able to get players open like these other teams?" Well......

Walker looks fantastic and I've completely changed my mind on the pick. I hated the choice and wanted Hutch. I still think hutch will be good, but Walker's upside is very apparent.

I'm excited to see this team complete. As good as the offense looked and players were getting open, that was without Kirk, Shenault, JRob, Agnew. And the defense was missing Darious Williams and obivously Devin Lloyd. I'm just shocked with how good the offense looks while missing expected key contributors and our expected #1 WR

I'm with you on all of this, but I need to go back and watch the first half while focusing on RT to get a better feel on that one.

(08-14-2022, 09:26 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 08:02 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I just wanna say a few things:

Trevor looks better but didn't impress me. I still don't see that generational talent (yeah, yeah it is still only the preaseason, we'll see).
Travon Walker looks like the real deal, still, I wanna see that in regular season.
Only the preseason but I can already tell this offense looks really good (the plays, the scheme, the way they utilize players). Unlike last season when a lot of people were like "it's only the preseason they are not gonna show anything..." well, they didn't show anything worth crap all season.
Curious.  Do "generational talents" at QB never throw incompletions. interceptions, etc?

Do generational talents at QBs NOT require development?

Do generational talents at QB NOT require sufficient surrounding talent and coaching to start to look the part?

Not "jumping on you" per se, but I'm starting to wonder if the descriptor "generational talent" is affecting the analysis.

DING, DING

(08-15-2022, 12:47 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 09:26 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Curious.  Do "generational talents" at QB never throw incompletions. interceptions, etc?

Do generational talents at QBs NOT require development?

Do generational talents at QB NOT require sufficient surrounding talent and coaching to start to look the part?

Not "jumping on you" per se, but I'm starting to wonder if the descriptor "generational talent" is affecting the analysis.

DING, DING

The 1st overall pick position and the pre-draft hype clearly have many folks looking at TL through a less objective lens. 

On the general thread topic:  I'm so relieved to have seen competency from all 3 units vs the browns. 
After what we've witnessed of late, there are so many signs of improvement.
Can't wait to see ALL the starters together operating a game plan vs the commanders.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 01:00 PM by Mikey.)

(08-15-2022, 09:02 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 10:14 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Speculation is what happens in a forum. I get worn out by people wanting to settle discussion. That is why we have a message board.

Also of note... by its nature science is never settled. Science is a process of testing and learning.

Football stats are indicators and discussion points. Fans take up arguments to feel better about the time we invest in following a team.

Enjoy the ride. Tom Brady is a generational talent, everyone else is chasing.

I would also remind people that even Tom Brady threw 234 incompletions in the regular season last year.  Some on here expect Trevor never to have a bad throw.

and the season before that he forgot it was fourth down....some generational talent. harumph.

(08-15-2022, 10:04 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: TO get back to the actual game since we all know Trevor is talented and will develop just fine...

enjoy your rec.

I didn't get to see much (stupid comcast) but the team was moving with energy. That's very encouraging. Lack of depth scares me, but hopefully we don't need to rely on second or thrid stringers for much in the regular season.

(08-15-2022, 12:41 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Did pedderson do a post match interview?

If so could someone please link it

Ty in advance

https://youtu.be/NjeXstrPsnw

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I was impressed with how good the field looked. Surprised nobody has brought that up. I dont remember it looking that good. Looked like a putting green at the masters or something lol

https://youtu.be/426nu3wlNAs

(08-15-2022, 12:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-15-2022, 12:47 PM)Mikey Wrote: DING, DING

The 1st overall pick position and the pre-draft hype clearly have many folks looking at TL through a less objective lens. 

On the general thread topic:  I'm so relieved to have seen competency from all 3 units vs the browns. 
After what we've witnessed of late, there are so many signs of improvement.
Can't wait to see ALL the starters together operating a game plan vs the commanders.
This was my thought after watching the first three series. The difference between last year at this time and where we are now was night and day imo. when watching our first I couldn’t help but get more excited knowing that all the starters were still not fielded. No they were not perfect, but if you didn’t see a difference then you didn’t watch last year.

The offensive line still looked a little shaky but the overall feel of the game was different. Our D looked dominant. I know some of browns starters weren’t playing but the pressure they were getting and speed the pocket was collapsing was so much better. They are going to be good.