Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Browns Preseason Game

(08-13-2022, 04:32 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 01:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dude. Just so you know, Trevor is going to have bad throws, bad reads and bad interception this season. Maybe more than one!

So if that’s what you want to harp on all season, maybe write out a post and then just not post it? It’ll help you feel good about bashing him and then we don’t have to see it. Win win.
It's one thing to throw a bad interception or two, it's another for you to lead the league in interceptions whilst the majority of them being 100% your fault.

You keep harping on this after you've been shown over and over again how it's not accurate. 

How many picks do you think he'll throw this season? 

Still waiting on your response in the other thread about his mistakes vs the browns BTW.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 06:23 PM by Cleatwood.)

(08-13-2022, 01:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dude. Just so you know, Trevor is going to have bad throws, bad reads and bad interception this season. Maybe more than one!

So if that’s what you want to harp on all season, maybe write out a post and then just not post it? It’ll help you feel good about bashing him and then we don’t have to see it. Win win.
It's one thing to throw a bad interception or two, it's another for you to lead the league in interceptions whilst the majority of them being 100% your fault.
And?

That has nothing to do with what I said.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 08:04 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

I just wanna say a few things:

Trevor looks better but didn't impress me. I still don't see that generational talent (yeah, yeah it is still only the preaseason, we'll see).
Travon Walker looks like the real deal, still, I wanna see that in regular season.
Only the preseason but I can already tell this offense looks really good (the plays, the scheme, the way they utilize players). Unlike last season when a lot of people were like "it's only the preseason they are not gonna show anything..." well, they didn't show anything worth crap all season.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Luton made me want to tear my hair out

Every preseason feels the same.. it really does.  If the starters look good the backups go out and lose the game.  Etienne will be an interesting tool. Definitely need Robinson for the hard yards.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 11:05 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(08-13-2022, 06:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 04:32 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: It's one thing to throw a bad interception or two, it's another for you to lead the league in interceptions whilst the majority of them being 100% your fault.

You keep harping on this after you've been shown over and over again how it's not accurate. 

Still waiting on your response in the other thread about his mistakes vs the browns BTW.
To summarize here. I claimed prior to his rookie year that he had accuracy issues and made poor decisions. He went on to lead the league in Picks, throw a sad 12 touchdown passes, got 7 or 8 games without scoring, and rarely eclipse 200 yards passing. 

Now in what world was I wrong? He made poor decisions, he definitely threw some laughable passes.. and his season reflected my view point to a tee, if not worse.

This is the hard truth you aren't willing to swallow (which is shocking consid.. nvm) If Lawrence went to the jets instead of us, and had the same season you would have the exact same opinion on him I do. The fact is, people are bias when it concerns something they care about. I'd bet my life right now that everyone on this board believes Zach Wilson is a bust, and he was awful don't get me wrong but he had many more "flashes" as you all like to call them than Trevor did last year. Problem is, Zach Wilson being good is irrelevant to you so you will use logic to determine if he's good.. but you rather base your opinions on emotion. 

As far as the Browns game goes, If you didn't see a few bad decisions and poor throws, you weren't watching the game. I'm not going to sit here and explain each play for you like a toddler, you saw the same thing I did. He did have some good plays, as expected. Just because I can visually see him make mistakes and I call them out rather than sweep them under the rug like yourself dosen't mean I don't think he's talented and can be capable of progressing. What I wont do is pretend that my own evaluation hasn't shown itself to be accurate throughout the course of his first season. 

Like it or not, it dosen't matter. You can say i'm wrong as many times as you want but unfortunately anyone with eyeballs can see I wasn't. I know our last sitting president made it popular to claim things happened that didn't, clearly he was a bad example on you.

(08-13-2022, 08:02 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I just wanna say a few things:

Trevor looks better but didn't impress me. I still don't see that generational talent (yeah, yeah it is still only the preaseason, we'll see).
Travon Walker looks like the real deal, still, I wanna see that in regular season.
Only the preseason but I can already tell this offense looks really good (the plays, the scheme, the way they utilize players). Unlike last season when a lot of people were like "it's only the preseason they are not gonna show anything..." well, they didn't show anything worth crap all season.

Are you not one of the clowns that hates on me specifically because i've said that since the jets were in possesion of the #1 pick?

hello?

(08-13-2022, 11:03 PM)Yeah ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 06:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You keep harping on this after you've been shown over and over again how it's not accurate. 

To summarize here. I claimed prior to his rookie year that he had accuracy issues and made poor decisions. He went on to lead the league in Picks, throw a sad 12 touchdown passes, got 7 or 8 games without scoring, and rarely eclipse 200 yards passing. 

Now in what world was I wrong? He made poor decisions, he definitely threw some laughable passes.. and his season reflected my view point to a tee, if not worse.

This is the hard truth you aren't willing to swallow (which is shocking consid.. nvm) If Lawrence went to the jets instead of us, and had the same season you would have the exact same opinion on him I do. The fact is, people are bias when it concerns something they care about. I'd bet my life right now that everyone on this board believes Zach Wilson is a bust, and he was awful don't get me wrong but he had many more "flashes" as you all like to call them than Trevor did last year. Problem is, Zach Wilson being good is irrelevant to you so you will use logic to determine if he's good.. but you rather base your opinions on emotion. 

As far as the Browns game goes, If you didn't see a few bad decisions and poor throws, you weren't watching the game. I'm not going to sit here and explain each play for you like a toddler, you saw the same thing I did. He did have some good plays, as expected. Just because I can visually see him make mistakes and I call them out rather than sweep them under the rug like yourself dosen't mean I don't think he's talented and can be capable of progressing. What I wont do is pretend that my own evaluation hasn't shown itself to be accurate throughout the course of his first season. 

Like it or not, it dosen't matter. You can say i'm wrong as many times as you want but unfortunately anyone with eyeballs can see I wasn't. I know our last sitting president made it popular to claim things happened that didn't, clearly he was a bad example on you.

Are you not one of the clowns that hates on me specifically because i've said that since the jets were in possesion of the #1 pick?

hello?

Lol man get off your high horse. He was slinging it well for the first preseason game. Are you honestly this salty about fans supporting their QB?

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 11:52 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-13-2022, 11:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 06:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You keep harping on this after you've been shown over and over again how it's not accurate. 

hello?

First off, Dude I wouldn't make that bet. You are dead wrong there. (Not surprising as it is par for your course) Fact is we really do not know what any of the rookie QB's from last year are. That is just how it is.  We will only begin to find out this year.

Second I just don't remember you ever saying that. Probably because I really don't place much weight in your "hot takes or posts.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

hello?

This may not be what we want to hear but it is the truth. I believe this is a solid take on Trevor. He definitely showed signs of growing pains during his rookie campaign. But I am willing to look past that due to the insanely tough situation he was thrown into. Trevor made a lot questionable throws last season (more than I expected) but he also showed flashes of amazing talent. Moving forward, I still believe Trevor is a generational talent, but it will take time to build this new legacy with Doug Pederson and I a completely fine with that. As long as we improve every season. We do not need immediate results, just progress, and I think we are heading in the right direction.

zay jones is a very very good 2 WR.  when raiders lost ruggs Renflow, and jones became raiders top 2 WRS.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 12:22 PM by JagsorDie. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-13-2022, 11:24 PM)Newton Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 11:03 PM)Yeah ChrisJagBoy Wrote: To summarize here. I claimed prior to his rookie year that he had accuracy issues and made poor decisions. He went on to lead the league in Picks, throw a sad 12 touchdown passes, got 7 or 8 games without scoring, and rarely eclipse 200 yards passing. 

hello?

Lol man get off your high horse. He was slinging it well for the first preseason game. Are you honestly this salty about fans supporting their QB?

It’s hard not to see it that way.

(08-13-2022, 01:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
  • A few quick notes as I rewatch the 1st quarter:

• Good hustle from RRH
  • Front five starters on Jags 3-4 D are effectively collapsing the pocket vs this browns OL (notably Fatukasi, RRH, Allen and Walker)
  • On the nice sideline pass to Zay, TL also had Marvin Jones wide open near the sticks but wisely saw the one-on-one shaping up deeper (DB had back to the QB at release) Lawrence may not see everything out there just yet, but he's making good good reads as well 
  • The overthrows to open guys will be something to watch. He did it last year a few too many times and will need to reel it in. We saw the bills' Josh Allen go through this same process. I think Lawrence will tame that mistake as the year rolls on. 
  • Pederson is smart about exploiting zone coverage by running routes to the soft spots and he's got his players tuned into executing it already. This is a welcome change from Jags offenses of the past several years. 
  • Red zone execution failed on first drive (TL chose wrong receiver and then ETN drops one on next down
  • Oluokun is in the right place so much more often than our backups  - it really stands out
  • I've been worried about Shatley as the starting LG and it appears the concern is justified - not a good showing
  • The throw to the corner of the EZ after the turnover was PI all day long - no flag - Greedy Williams was guilty
  • Jags prep and execution >>>>>> browns prep and execution (caveat - Jags OL had a few miscues in protection assignment and were not creating many lanes for ETN)
  • browns did not show any cards - very vanilla play calling
  • Zay Jones is getting open from the X position when placed there - keep an eye on this as so many have been fearful of the lack of X receiver - he may be a good placeholder until that player is signed or drafted 
  • In fact - all of them were getting open and we don't even have Kirk out there yet - stark contrast to last year
  • The TD play to Engram was a nifty design - nice to see some effective creativity early on from this new regime

I recall Smoot having a great jump on a short yardage play.

I thought it interesting that Allen wound up playing SAM while Walker was the Will.  I know both were theoretically capable of playing either sid, I figured Walker's size and power would lend itself more to the strong side.  It'll be fun to see what kind of defensive wrinkles we'll see in the regular season.

I don't know if this is the fog of Nyquil kicking in or me getting old, but I only recall the one overthrow on the second play.  Was there another I missed or somehow otherwise can't recall?

TL complained about PI on that pass to the corner of the end zone, but I didn't get a good look at it.  But I'll be damned if I let the refs completely off the hool.  On that last Browns' TD, Dobbs was over the line.  That should have been an illegal forward pass.

Browns also sat some key players like Myles Garrett, Clowney, and Denzel Ward (at least I think they did).  But offensively, they looked way out of sync.  My question is why would they play Watson knowing he will be suspended for a minimum of 6 games instead of getting the backup prepared to play?

Engram was so wide open on the play.  The chess match between Pederson/Teylor and Rivera and JDR in week 1 will be interesting to see.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

How do you know the majority were 100% his fault?  There's a play in particular I'd like your take on.

Late last year, Trevor thew a deep pass down the left hand side to Tavon Austin on a deep crossing route that was picked off by the S.  Was that one Trevor's fault?  Why or why not?

Curious.  Do "generational talents" at QB never throw incompletions. interceptions, etc?

Do generational talents at QBs NOT require development?

Do generational talents at QB NOT require sufficient surrounding talent and coaching to start to look the part?

Not "jumping on you" per se, but I'm starting to wonder if the descriptor "generational talent" is affecting the analysis.

hello?
LOL 

Paragraphs of herp derp horse [BLEEP]

I just asked you for a number? Just a number. 

20? 
16?
22?

If you can answer that, go here to answer another simple question
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1476677

(08-14-2022, 08:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 01:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
  • A few quick notes as I rewatch the 1st quarter:

• Good hustle from RRH
  • Front five starters on Jags 3-4 D are effectively collapsing the pocket vs this browns OL (notably Fatukasi, RRH, Allen and Walker)
  • On the nice sideline pass to Zay, TL also had Marvin Jones wide open near the sticks but wisely saw the one-on-one shaping up deeper (DB had back to the QB at release) Lawrence may not see everything out there just yet, but he's making good good reads as well 
  • The overthrows to open guys will be something to watch. He did it last year a few too many times and will need to reel it in. We saw the bills' Josh Allen go through this same process. I think Lawrence will tame that mistake as the year rolls on. 

I recall Smoot having a great jump on a short yardage play.

I thought it interesting that Allen wound up playing SAM while Walker was the Will.  I know both were theoretically capable of playing either sid, I figured Walker's size and power would lend itself more to the strong side.  It'll be fun to see what kind of defensive wrinkles we'll see in the regular season.

I don't know if this is the fog of Nyquil kicking in or me getting old, but I only recall the one overthrow on the second play.  Was there another I missed or somehow otherwise can't recall?

TL complained about PI on that pass to the corner of the end zone, but I didn't get a good look at it.  But I'll be damned if I let the refs completely off the hool.  On that last Browns' TD, Dobbs was over the line.  That should have been an illegal forward pass.

Browns also sat some key players like Myles Garrett, Clowney, and Denzel Ward (at least I think they did).  But offensively, they looked way out of sync.  My question is why would they play Watson knowing he will be suspended for a minimum of 6 games instead of getting the backup prepared to play?

Engram was so wide open on the play.  The chess match between Pederson/Teylor and Rivera and JDR in week 1 will be interesting to see.
Yes, just the one overthrow

(08-14-2022, 09:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 11:03 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: To summarize here. I claimed prior to his rookie year that he had accuracy issues and made poor decisions. He went on to lead the league in Picks, throw a sad 12 touchdown passes, got 7 or 8 games without scoring, and rarely eclipse 200 yards passing. 

hello?
LOL 

Paragraphs of herp derp horse [BLEEP]

I just asked you for a number? Just a number. 

20? 
16?
22?

If you can answer that, go here to answer another simple question
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1476677

(08-14-2022, 08:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I recall Smoot having a great jump on a short yardage play.

But reading some posts, I'm getting the impression TL was scatter armed or something.  He missed on that one pass with an overthrow.

While hitting that pass after the 40 yard pass would have been an awesome start, it's not as if the drive ground to a halt after that overthrow.  His ability to overcome that miss and continue to move the ball says he can bounce back.  It would be worrisome if he never saw him open.  But the overreaction to this overthrow...

(08-14-2022, 09:26 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Curious.  Do "generational talents" at QB never throw incompletions. interceptions, etc?

Do generational talents at QB NOT require sufficient surrounding talent and coaching to start to look the part?

Not "jumping on you" per se, but I'm starting to wonder if the descriptor "generational talent" is affecting the analysis.

That descriptor is supposed to be there for a reason. If Lawrence is a new Andy Dalton or whatever barely adequate starter I would be very dissappointed considering what he was sold as. Wouldn't you?

Now, I think it's too early to say but this season is going to be very important for the narrative. Lawrence needs to be significantly better than last year. I'm sure he will be better but how much better? 

There are a couple of posters who want to be first to designate him a bust but mindless homerism isn't much better. The latter is IMO fueled by the 'generational talent'-label.

(08-14-2022, 09:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 09:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
But reading some posts, I'm getting the impression TL was scatter armed or something.  He missed on that one pass with an overthrow.

While hitting that pass after the 40 yard pass would have been an awesome start, it's not as if the drive ground to a halt after that overthrow.  His ability to overcome that miss and continue to move the ball says he can bounce back.  It would be worrisome if he never saw him open.  But the overreaction to this overthrow...

Yep.
12 pass attempts and 2 mistakes made by TL. An overthrow and a quick decision to force one instead of waiting on the TE to emerge in the corner. That's it. 

It's just the requisite doubt squad and hater crew sticking to their narrative. 

The reality is he moved the offense enough to garner 13 points in 16 minutes of football and protected the ball pretty well in the process. My abacus says that extrapolates to 48 points in a 60 minute game. I'm sure there must be a reason for that to be bad, but I'm not seeing it.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 10:44 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-14-2022, 10:07 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 09:26 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Curious.  Do "generational talents" at QB never throw incompletions. interceptions, etc?

That descriptor is supposed to be there for a reason. If Lawrence is a new Andy Dalton or whatever barely adequate starter I would be very dissappointed considering what he was sold as. Wouldn't you?

Now, I think it's too early to say but this season is going to be very important for the narrative. Lawrence needs to be significantly better than last year. I'm sure he will be better but how much better? 

There are a couple of posters who want to be first to designate him a bust but mindless homerism isn't much better. The latter is IMO fueled by the 'generational talent'-label.

A few questions

1.  Could Hall of Fame level QBs be considered generational talents at the position?

2.  Is Peyton Manning a Hall of Fame caliber QB?

3.  Is Brett Favre a Hall of fame Caliber QB?

4.  Is Troy Aikman a Hall of Fame caliber QB?

5.  Is Steve Young a Hall of fame caliber QB?

6.  Did any of the above listed QBs have early struggles?

Agreed that mindless homerism doesn't help matters at all.  Yes if TL became Andy Dalton, it would be disappointing.  But by the same token, expecting absolute perfection on every single pass isn't helpful, either.  There are things other than QB mechanics that can have an impact on QB accuracy or the perception of QB accuracy.