Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Steelers Chat

It’s a new week with a new preseason game.

Name same players you’re watching closely and some matchups you wanna see.

For me, I’ll be watching Trevors continued chemistry with Zay. Let’s see if he can continue the deep shots. If Kirk plays, I wanna see him out of the slot.

A matchup I really wanna see is Campbell vs Pickens. I really wanted the Jags to take Pickens this year to give Trevor a true outside receiver. However, Campbell has been really great this off season so hopefully he can shut him down.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELERS
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Where has Dan Arnold been?

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 07:03 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

Kenny Pickett was gettj g a lot of hype, but I'm not buying it. He only threw one pass beyone 10 yards (went 12). Everything else was a check down/dump off. That said, their defense is still quite formidable (as are their WRs). It should still be a very strong test for the Jaguars. I welcome it, and hope we continue to show well and continue to stay healthy).

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-15-2022, 05:23 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Where has Dan Arnold been?

Good question. Too many weapons now, so he is getting lost in the mix for now.

The steelers make me sick

I wanna see walker break someone in half

It looks like the starters are going to play most of the first half

On Offense:

Just build off from last week's performance. Instead of 2 FG's & 1 TD on three drives. Let's see 2 TD's and 1 FG instead. Also want to see some new looks. I know it's still preseason, however, this is the game where your starters see even more time on the football field. I would like to see some twin TE sets with Engram & Arnold. Some split backfield looks like with Etienne & Conner.

On Defense:

Again, just building off of last week's performance. Couldn't really ask for much more in fairness. They were very disruptive, flying to the football, they were drawing holding calls and forced a fumble. Would like to see the secondary come up with an interception in this one though and the front seven to show some looks and confuse Pickett out there with some blitzes.

On Special Teams:

I don't want to see Logan Cooke on the football field until after the first team offense is done for the night. I want to see the kicking game continue to build off it's success as well. Looks like it'll come down to Santoso or Fry. Santoso at least made the 38 yarder last week. That's a good start.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-15-2022, 09:57 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(08-15-2022, 05:23 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Where has Dan Arnold been?

Good question. Too many weapons now, so he is getting lost in the mix for now.

My take was he is the second pass catching TE and  when we lined up in two te sets with one as a blocker they went Ingram and Manhurtz. At least that’s all I could come up with.

This is gonna be a solid test for our defense. All 3 QBs for Pitt looked good last week. They got a plethora of WRs.
Let's go.

How do the Steelers' offensive and defensive lines stack up? I'm interested to see how Travon Walker, Walker Little, and Fortner stack up because they are new. Is this going to be a hard test for them or an easy one?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-16-2022, 10:20 AM)Kane Wrote: This is gonna be a solid test for our defense. All 3 QBs for Pitt looked good last week. They got a plethora of WRs.
Let's go.

Yep, good test for the DL and secondary.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 02:10 PM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

My expectations for our third 2022 Pre-Season game are as follows.

1.) The offense is showing plenty of life BUT like Coach Pederson said, "it's time to crank it up" meaning that we'll show alot more of our offensive intentions this season and beyond. The playbook will be opened up more and the pages will be turned. Let's Gooooooo.

2.) The defense revealed that it can be STOUT up front to which I'm truly esctatic about. Even though Cleveland sat alot of their offensive first string players, it showed. Foreal, Foreal. When/if that performance can be extended as long as the starters are butting heads, I'll be truly satisfied (not that my satisfaction matters to anyone other than myself) to see the mixture of the 1st. and 2nd. stringers playing together. Say It Isn't So.

3.) The special team is set w/respect to our punter and when the 53-Man roster is set, I'm sure that the gunners and aces will be serviceable. That leaves our Kicker as the true concern that we as Jaguar Fans have to this date. Let's pray that we get it right because they'll be several times to which he'll be counted on the split the uprights.

4.) The coaching? I think that were good on this front. Prove Me Wrong.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-16-2022, 02:09 PM)NH3 Wrote: My expectations for our third 2022 Pre-Season game are as follows.

1.) The offense is showing plenty of life BUT like Coach Pederson said, "it's time to crank it up" meaning that we'll show alot more of our offensive intentions this season and beyond. The playbook will be opened up more and the pages will be turned. Let's Gooooooo.

2.) The defense revealed that it can be STOUT up front to which I'm truly esctatic about. Even though Cleveland sat alot of their offensive first string players, it showed. Foreal, Foreal. When/if that performance can be extended as long as the starters are butting heads, I'll be truly satisfied (not that my satisfaction matters to anyone other than myself) to see the mixture of the 1st. and 2nd. stringers playing together. Say It Isn't So.

3.) The special team is set w/respect to our punter and when the 53-Man roster is set, I'm sure that the gunners and aces will be serviceable. That leaves our Kicker as the true concern that we as Jaguar Fans have to this date. Let's pray that we get it right because they'll be several times to which he'll be counted on the split the uprights.

4.) The coaching? I think that were good on this front. Prove Me Wrong.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Yeah, based on coach's comments in #1, I'm hoping we see a little more from the running game. TLaw did well throwing from play action, but you have to have a run game to draw the D. Thusfar, I've not seen anything that convinces me we can rely on the run to open up the pass.

How great were those AFC Central days? Those steeler games were wars. Fred had a gazillion yards rushing at 3 Rivers.
Cowher lurching our onto the field during TD return. Could go on and on.
If we could only have stayed in that division. Guess Houston would have had to find someone else to wear their Battle Red jerseys.

(08-16-2022, 03:45 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: How great were those AFC Central days?  Those steeler games were wars.  Fred had a gazillion yards rushing at 3 Rivers.
Cowher lurching our onto the field during TD return.  Could go on and on.
If we could only have stayed in that division.  Guess Houston would have had to find someone else to wear their Battle Red jerseys.

I vote Baltimore, then the Colts could have had a rival. (I fully understand why Baltimore had no chance of leaving the AFCn)

(08-16-2022, 04:42 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 03:45 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: How great were those AFC Central days?  Those steeler games were wars.  Fred had a gazillion yards rushing at 3 Rivers.
Cowher lurching our onto the field during TD return.  Could go on and on.
If we could only have stayed in that division.  Guess Houston would have had to find someone else to wear their Battle Red jerseys.

I vote Baltimore, then the Colts could have had a rival. (I fully understand why Baltimore had no chance of leaving the AFCn)

Yeah the AFC North is and has been a sexier division than the AFC South largely because of the Steelers/Ravens rivalry.  That can change though.  Need us and another team in the division to have sustained success for an extended period of time.  As much as I hate the tacks, it would do wonders for the jaguars national profile for us and them to both be good year in and year out and to have those 2 games on the calendar each year mean more and be considered as potential perennial prime time games.

When the clots dominated the division for as long as they did, I don’t think there was really one other team within the division that asserted itself year in and year out though it was probably the tacks that was the next most consistent.  All of their big rivalries were outside of the division.

I’ll take the Jaguars success any way I can get it, but a prolonged, competitive, rivalry within the division with perennial playoff implications would be good for us in my opinion.

Because the starters will be playing a lot more, This should be the most exciting game we can see besides finally getting to week 1 vs Washington.

I'm guessing next week it will be mostly back ups for the last preseason game.

This week, I want to see Trevor reading the field better and throwing more accurately. By his own admission, he missed some open receivers and overthrew a couple of passes last week.

And, I don't want to see our backups get shoved around like they got shoved around last week. There were some really awful plays last week by our backup offensive linemen in particular.