Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Steelers Chat

Bummer. Devin Lloyd out against Steelers

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-16-2022, 04:42 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 03:45 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: How great were those AFC Central days?  Those steeler games were wars.  Fred had a gazillion yards rushing at 3 Rivers.
Cowher lurching our onto the field during TD return.  Could go on and on.
If we could only have stayed in that division.  Guess Houston would have had to find someone else to wear their Battle Red jerseys.

I vote Baltimore, then the Colts could have had a rival. (I fully understand why Baltimore had no chance of leaving the AFCn)

At that time, Baltimore and Pittsburgh were not even big rivals.  I mean, the Baltimore Colts were actually in the AFC East historically so the entire Baltimore Ravens in the AFC Central was a fairly new concept as well.  Just looked up 1998 -- the Central also had the Tenn Oilers .... wow.

This Devin Lloyd issue is concerning me.

Muma would have to fill in until Lloyd is good to go. Get more look into Muma during preseason.

There are still 3 plus more weeks of time for players to get healthy for week 1.

(08-18-2022, 10:01 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: This Devin Lloyd issue is concerning me.

It’s a hamstring injury. They’re persistent as hell. It can be 98% healed and be fully healed within a couple of weeks, but one little tweak will set it back months. The best course is to rest it until he feels no more pain or tension. As long as he can feel it, he sits.

I would prefer he miss the first couple of regular season games and return fully healed than holding my breath every game waiting for him to pull up lame.

(08-18-2022, 09:08 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 04:42 PM)Mikey Wrote: I vote Baltimore, then the Colts could have had a rival. (I fully understand why Baltimore had no chance of leaving the AFCn)

At that time, Baltimore and Pittsburgh were not even big rivals.  I mean, the Baltimore Colts were actually in the AFC East historically so the entire Baltimore Ravens in the AFC Central was a fairly new concept as well.  Just looked up 1998 -- the Central also had the Tenn Oilers .... wow.

Baltimore was linked because it was f/k/a Cleveland and enough remnants of the former franchise were still there at the time to keep them tied to the other three teams. In al honesty, if any one team in the present AFCn was separable, it probably was Cincy. The only real "rivalry" was that they share a state with CLE. I don't think either team gives a half a fart about the other. It would have been goofy though to realign divisions and have Jax in the North and Cincy in the south, tho.

Me too.

I was confident he would be back full go by the season opener.

Now?  I'm definitely unsure.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-18-2022, 10:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

It’s a hamstring injury. They’re persistent as hell. It can be 98% healed and be fully healed within a couple of weeks, but one little tweak will set it back months. The best course is to rest it until he feels no more pain or tension. As long as he can feel it, he sits.

I would prefer he miss the first couple of regular season games and return fully healed than holding my breath every game waiting for him to pull up lame.

this, right here.

I want to see our offense turn the 3's we got vs CLE into 6's vs Pit. If the both units are still clicking... Bench them all after the 1st quarter and leave them there until the regular season. Let the young guys get some play time and bubble wrap everyone you can!

(08-18-2022, 08:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bummer. Devin Lloyd out against Steelers

Probably a good thing.  Pickett has a tendency to make opponents look foolish.

(08-18-2022, 11:45 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 10:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s a hamstring injury. They’re persistent as hell. It can be 98% healed and be fully healed within a couple of weeks, but one little tweak will set it back months. The best course is to rest it until he feels no more pain or tension. As long as he can feel it, he sits.

this, right here.

this times two. Totally unnecessary to risk him re-injuring it.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Damn was looking forward to the lloyd factor

(08-18-2022, 04:01 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Damn was looking forward to the lloyd factor

Kirk and Shenault should play, so you do have something to look forward to.

Muma should benefit from these reps with the ones at least. He likely has more work to do than Lloyd in adapting to the NFL game.

Jags win this one BIG 42-10. BOOM SHAKALAKA BOOM!!! Banana Banana Banana
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-19-2022, 03:27 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Jags win this one BIG 42-10. BOOM SHAKALAKA BOOM!!! Banana Banana Banana

We are doomed....
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(08-18-2022, 02:25 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 08:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bummer. Devin Lloyd out against Steelers

Probably a good thing.  Pickett has a tendency to make opponents look foolish.

Completely right. It's far better that we protect Lloyd's mental health than his legs for sure, even if it costs us a home preseason win against the Squealers. We'll just have to get right against the Merry Otter next week.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-16-2022, 03:45 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: How great were those AFC Central days?  Those steeler games were wars.  Fred had a gazillion yards rushing at 3 Rivers.
If we could only have stayed in that division.  Guess Houston would have had to find someone else to wear their Battle Red jerseys.

Those were the best of times.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 01:35 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

The Ravens rivalry was good too. Vinnie T!

Moved back to JAX during the off season. Left before the emergence of electronic ticketing. Assume scalping is still prevalent. How are tickets scalped now? What are the ABCs of buying electronic tickets in ‘22?