Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - steelers @ Jags ***

Saturday night scrimmage action on the docket for today. Weather's been brutal the last few days so we might have some delays this evening. Look for some action from the starters tonight as the battle for a few positions along the online continue and the steelers play with their new 1st round qb toy.

Thoughts, commentary, observations, and snark continues throughout the day.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Twirling 'terrible' towels around has got to be the corniest tradition.

Shut down Pickens.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 08:38 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(08-20-2022, 08:21 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: Shut down Pickens.

I'm more concerned about stopping Harris if he plays.  Stopping the run needs to be number 1 priority on D

Our pass rush should bully Steelers oline. I also feel their corners are the week spot on their D. Hopefully Trevor can have a day

(08-20-2022, 08:19 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: Twirling 'terrible' towels around has got to be the corniest tradition.

I would vote for the whole cheesehead thing, but Steelers fans are certainly among the most obnoxious.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I don’t mind Steelers fans. To me they come across as loud and proud in a fun way.

Eagles fans are the absolute worst. They are truly despicable.

(08-20-2022, 09:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don’t mind Steelers fans. To me they come across as loud and proud in a fun way.

Every time I’ve been to a game at Pitt (my father in law is a big Steelers guy), they’ve been nothing but kind to me. Before, during and after games.

Even the 2017/18 playoff game. I got a couple things said to me but I’m also not loud and obnoxious during games. After the game, got a lot of Pitt fans mad at Tomlin and Ben rather than me and other Jags fans.

Our third team defense is gonna get torched in the second half. Steelers have good QB depth.

(08-20-2022, 09:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don’t mind Steelers fans. To me they come across as loud and proud in a fun way.

Absolutely. Packers, Patriots fans are the classiest. Steelers, and even Bills fans are as you described, but Eagles fans are awful. Bottom of the barrel, along with Oakland Raiders fans. Las Vegas might have classed them up a bit.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(08-20-2022, 10:22 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

Absolutely. Packers, Patriots fans are the classiest. Steelers, and even Bills fans are as you described, but Eagles fans are awful. Bottom of the barrel, along with Oakland Raiders fans. Las Vegas might have classed them up a bit.

It's easy to be magnanimous when your team is always winning. One loss doesn't mean that much. It'll be interesting to see what Packers, Steelers, and Patriots fans are like in ten or so years after extended losing.

Way too many Squelers fans up here in Columbus, just kind of obnoxious. Philadelphia fans are the worst!

I keep a "terrible towel" by the toilet. They make good [BLEEP] wipes.

Last time I seen the squeelers at Jags, final was like 9-0.. It was teal night and they gave us all those white foam sticks. Still gottem..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 11:50 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

The worst fans I've seen at the games is Dolphins fans.  They still think  its the early 70s

Anyone going to the home opener vs Indy? Get up for a drink

(08-20-2022, 08:19 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: Twirling 'terrible' towels around has got to be the corniest tradition.

When they gave out those whit towels though in the playoff game against the Bills though that [BLEEP] was amazing.  Never seen it so crazy.  The best atmosphere I've been too.  The only playoff game I've been to

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 12:18 PM by Bullseye.)

The really strange thing is my most direct, in stadiu experience with Eagles fans was positive.

Sure, all around the stadiu I saw any number of fights involving Eagles fans, and they looked every bit the louts that caused Philly to install in stadium jails/courtrooms.

But right next to me, there was a family of Eagles fans that seemed as normal and cordial as any I've encountered in over 20 years as a STH.

(08-20-2022, 10:06 AM)Jagsman Wrote: Our third team defense is gonna get torched in the second half. Steelers have good QB depth.

I could see this happening.

To me, the only hope is that the Steelers' OL depth is just as bad as ours.

(08-20-2022, 11:32 AM)pwgj2882 Wrote: I keep a "terrible towel" by the toilet. They make good [BLEEP] wipes.

Laughing

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Only other NFL stadiums I've visited are Tampa and Miami. Very laid back fans in both places. Neither was sold out, though. I think once a place gets sold out the atmosphere changes. That's been my experience with UCF games, anyhow.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 12:42 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Go to a Michigan/Ohio State or Florida/FSU home game where the game could determine entering the playoff (or back in the day, playing for the Nat Champ). I was lucky enough to have done both. That's the definition of atmosphere. We've never had that here in Jax, except maybe Jags/Titans AFC Champ game, and that one was over in the 3rd qtr.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

In my experience the worst fans that I have seen are Bengals fans.  Last time they were here I saw more fights and more rude, drunk obnoxious fans then those of any other team.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'll never forget the Bill's fans at the playoff game, my god they were obnoxious. They weren't much better at the game last year either. It was really nice to beat them both times!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 03:28 PM by homebiscuit.)

(08-20-2022, 02:08 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I'll never forget the Bill's fans at the playoff game, my god they were obnoxious. They weren't much better at the game last year either. It was really nice to beat them both times!

I was at that playoff game as well. They fully expected to win. As we were making our way back to the car, an angry Bills fan and a Jags fan were talking fighting words but nothing came of it. The broken tables littering the lot after the game made me smile. Bills fans are just...weird.