Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - steelers @ Jags ***

(08-20-2022, 08:53 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 08:19 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: Twirling 'terrible' towels around has got to be the corniest tradition.

I would vote for the whole cheesehead thing, but Steelers fans are certainly among the most obnoxious.

Thank the gods if never caught on. This would be the worst if it did.

[Image: AvIxjmVCQAAXZWZ.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The ones should be playing one quarter give or take, no?

(08-20-2022, 04:44 PM)Jags Wrote: The ones should be playing one quarter give or take, no?

I would assume well into the second quarter. This should be most of the starters last bit of action before the start of the regular season. The last game will be mostly backups.

(08-20-2022, 03:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 02:08 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I'll never forget the Bill's fans at the playoff game, my god they were obnoxious. They weren't much better at the game last year either. It was really nice to beat them both times!

I was at that playoff game as well. They fully expected to win. As we were making our way back to the car, an angry Bills fan and a Jags fan were talking fighting words but nothing came of it. The broken tables littering the lot after the game made me smile. Bills fans are just...weird.

I saw a couple of fisticuffs. A little gal behind us (stature not age, she was about 50) was giving me all kinds of very loud grief during the game complete with speculation about my parentage. Being a gentleman, I didn't say much but after we won, I directed a certain hand gesture her way for good luck. Childish sure, but it was very satisfying.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-20-2022, 04:52 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 04:44 PM)Jags Wrote: The ones should be playing one quarter give or take, no?

I would assume well into the second quarter. This should be most of the starters last bit of action before the start of the regular season. The last game will be mostly backups.
Ah.  So pretty much the “old 3rd preseason game”.  Couldn’t remember how it was last year with only 3 games.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 05:23 PM by homebiscuit.)

Most of the first half. Coach says he wants to see the defense play more. We may not get a full quarter of the starting offense, but the defense will be putting in the time.

(08-20-2022, 04:53 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 03:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I was at that playoff game as well. They fully expected to win. As we were making our way back to the car, an angry Bills fan and a Jags fan were talking fighting words but nothing came of it. The broken tables littering the lot after the game made me smile. Bills fans are just...weird.

I saw a couple of fisticuffs. A little gal behind us (stature not age, she was about 50) was giving me all kinds of very loud grief during the game complete with speculation about my parentage. Being a gentleman, I didn't say much but after we won, I directed a certain hand gesture her way for good luck. Childish sure, but it was very satisfying.

Heh, heh. Good deal.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 05:56 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-20-2022, 04:53 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 03:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I was at that playoff game as well. They fully expected to win. As we were making our way back to the car, an angry Bills fan and a Jags fan were talking fighting words but nothing came of it. The broken tables littering the lot after the game made me smile. Bills fans are just...weird.

You seem like a very reasonable and even keeled person from what I read.  So for you to do that, I’m sure she deserved much worse.  You’re a better man than I.

Honestly my worst fan experience was the Giants fans... nasty people....after the game they followed me to my car and wouldn't let up... saying jag's suck....the funny thing is we had the same record that year at the time.... something like 4-10 LMAO....I'm like we both suck seriously

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 06:11 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-20-2022, 03:53 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 08:53 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I would vote for the whole cheesehead thing, but Steelers fans are certainly among the most obnoxious.

Thank the gods if never caught on. This would be the worst if it did.

We must never mention this again!   Laughing

On the pre game radio show, they are saying maybe anywhere from 1.5 to just over two quarters.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-20-2022, 06:09 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Honestly my worst fan experience was the Giants fans... nasty people....after the game they followed me to my car and wouldn't let up... saying jag's suck....the funny thing is we had the same record that year at the time.... something like 4-10 LMAO....I'm like we both suck seriously

I’m just playing devils advocate here…

If being followed to the same general region as other opposing fans cars and saying “the Jags suck” was bad… gonna go out on a limb and say you’re born and raised in JAX or the surrounding area.  Sounds like you just had a few morons.  They’re everywhere.Might even be some next door.  Grow up in a bigger city and have more rats they’re gonna fight.  Pretty sure some famous psychologist said something of the sorts.

(08-20-2022, 06:09 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Honestly my worst fan experience was the Giants fans... nasty people....after the game they followed me to my car and wouldn't let up... saying jag's suck....the funny thing is we had the same record that year at the time.... something like 4-10 LMAO....I'm like we both suck seriously

We've beat them the past couple of times we've played them.

Noteworthy about them?  They seem to smoke more than any other fan base.

(08-20-2022, 06:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 03:53 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:  Thank the gods if never caught on. This would be the worst if it did.

We must never mention this again!   Laughing

On the pre game radio show, they are saying maybe anywhere from 1.5 to just over two quarters.
Nice.  I don’t want injuries. But I am looking forward to see what we have going on this year.  Steelers ones playing roughly the same amount?  I love football but honestly I don’t know all the other teams 1’s aside from the obvious.

(08-20-2022, 06:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

We've beat them the past couple of times we've played them.

Noteworthy about them?  They seem to smoke more than any other fan base.

Ya we did win that game....but Jesus that was a long time ago 10+ years....the car next to us was giving us a hard time....they were blaring limp biscuit....and I'm like you know their from Jacksonville right....they didn't talk after that...lol

As expected, a lot of Steelers fans here.

Lets go JJ’s.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(08-20-2022, 06:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: As expected, a lot of Steelers fans here.
I was outnumbered when buying beer at the convenient store.  Lots of transplants.  But they were cool with me.  I guess because it was preseason

(08-20-2022, 06:43 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 06:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: As expected, a lot of Steelers fans here.
I was outnumbered when buying beer at the convenient store.  Lots of transplants.  But they were cool with me.  I guess because it was preseason

Last Steelers game I went to, it seemed like I was the only Jaguars fan in several sections (east upper deck, sec 437)

I wouldnt play ETN more than 3 series tonite.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Made it home just in time lets goooo

RT is a position to watch tonight. I just read that the game this game could seal up who starts the season.