Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Random Fresh takes from Jaguars vs Steelers first half.

*Lawrence started the game rocky. He missed multiple easy passes. He settled down while leading the team to a great drive in the 2nd quarter. Overall a decent day
*ETN showed why he will be dangerous.  A couple of explosive runs. He was a microsecond away from a monster run.  Positive day
*Walker Little did not look good. I saw a couple of times he allowed pressure and a sack. He just isn't very good. Metallica would say sad but true. Locked up the backup role IMO.
*Marvin Jones and Lawrence have a good chemistry. I still think he will be the #1 guy this year.
*Snoop Conner had his best game this half.  Some strong runs
*Kirk had a couple of really good catches while flashing why the Jags paid him.  He would of had a monster catch in the 1st quarter if Lawrence did not overthrow him on 3rd down.  Positive Day
*Shenault had one decent play but not much else. IDK if he makes the roster
*Cam Robinson had a  easily to spot Hold.
*The Jaguars offense has moved the ball all preseason but has not finished most drives with a TD. This team will need to start scoring touchdowns instead of kicking field goals if it wants to win.
*The Jags got really good pass rush pressure early in the game but did not finish the play. They allowed the QB to break contain on several occasions. 
*Defense got torched by rookie QB Pickett. They allowed the rookie to come in and score a last min TD in the half.
*Arden Key once again busted in on the QB. He has been the most disruptive defender this preseason.
*Kicker position is still a bit dodgy.
*Muma had a nice open field tackle. He had an int on the sideline that was over turned near replay.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tough day for Lawrence honestly, I hate CJB but his gripes were slightly justified in some of this first half

Saying it was a tough day for Lawrence is too harsh. He was good but not great. Obviously those two missed third down throws were bad. But what I think is a bigger problem is the lack of big plays. It's hard to consistently put together 15+ play drives in order to score. All it takes is one missed throw, one missed block, one RB stumbling in the hole, etc... to kill a drive. This is a big play league and so far we haven't seen any signs of anyone able to put together a big play for us. Etienne has been really close to breaking a few but close isn't good enough. Maybe the WRs have looked great in camp, but in the games so far, none of them have shown anything that would scare a defense.

Rough outing for Trevor. Looks like a rookie.

(08-20-2022, 08:54 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Saying it was a tough day for Lawrence is too harsh.  He was good but not great.  Obviously those two missed third down throws were bad.  But what I think is a bigger problem is the lack of big plays.  It's hard to consistently put together 15+ play drives in order to score.  All it takes is one missed throw, one missed block, one RB stumbling in the hole, etc... to kill a drive.  This is a big play league and so far we haven't seen any signs of anyone able to put together a big play for us.  Etienne has been really close to breaking a few but close isn't good enough.  Maybe the WRs have looked great in camp, but in the games so far, none of them have shown anything that would scare a defense.

Guys are open... Trevor just doesn't pull the trigger. When he bailed on the scramble it looked like at the top of the screen he had an easy touchdown... Will need to see the all-22 to confirm.. TL does not see the field well at all.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 10:15 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

(08-20-2022, 08:54 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Saying it was a tough day for Lawrence is too harsh. He was good but not great. Obviously those two missed third down throws were bad. But what I think is a bigger problem is the lack of big plays. It's hard to consistently put together 15+ play drives in order to score. All it takes is one missed throw, one missed block, one RB stumbling in the hole, etc... to kill a drive. This is a big play league and so far we haven't seen any signs of anyone able to put together a big play for us. Etienne has been really close to breaking a few but close isn't good enough. Maybe the WRs have looked great in camp, but in the games so far, none of them have shown anything that would scare a defense.

He's a number one overall pick and a 'generational talent'. Too harsh? What should the expectations be? Comes with the territory. Just ask Andrew Luck.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

It's time for TL to tighten up and and make some plays.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 10:23 PM by TTechJag85.)

Said it in game day thread and I’ll say it again. I am not going to hit panic button yet… but there are no more excuses once the regular season starts for TL. A number one overall pick and generational talent should not need everything around him to be perfect to show that he can start to carry a team… maybe a good nfl starter might but not someone of his hype and stature. 

In order to live up to his hype he needs to start making others around him better. And not need for it to be the other way around.

If he isn’t that guy a lot of people including myself will be disappointed. We still may have a quarterback that we can win with but it will be disappointing if he isn’t a quart back we win because of. 

All we do now is wait and see. Sep 11 can’t get here quick enough.

(08-20-2022, 10:22 PM)TTechJag85 Wrote: Said it in game day thread and I’ll say it again. I am not going to hit panic button yet… but there are no more excuses once the regular season starts for TL. A number one overall pick and generational talent should not need everything around him to be perfect to show that he can start to carry a team… maybe a good nfl starter might but not someone of his hype and stature. 

In order to live up to his hype he needs to start making others around him better. And not need for it to be the other way around.

If he isn’t that guy a lot of people including myself will be disappointed. We still may have a quarterback that we can win with but it will be disappointing if he isn’t a quarterback we win because of. 

All we can do now is wait and see. Sep 11 can’t get here quick enough.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022, 10:44 PM by Jags239.)

Obviously this is a big year for him and last did not help at all, but a lot of people have the Herbert-Mahomes effect on their minds. I wish he came in and lit it up from day one. Heck after year 1 I thought Josh Allen was a bust, and look at him now. Most QBs need some time.

He’s thrown to most of these guys only a handful of times in live games. Timing between QB and receiver takes time and reps. It’ll be better in the weeks to come. The pass to Marvin on the sideline that the defender tried to high point but just couldn’t get it was perfectly placed. The more important positive to focus on is when an incompletion happens it’s not automatically stalling drives. They are moving the ball and able to get 1st downs. Need to focus on red zone offense in practice though.

Little sucks
Starting to worry about Trevor
Arden Key might become our best FA acquisition since Calais
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-20-2022, 08:47 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Tough day for Lawrence honestly, I hate CJB but his gripes were slightly justified in some of this first half

Dont see why half a preseason game is enough to justify my opinion, he looked better today than he did for the mass majority of last season. And again, he is inconsistent with accuracy, makes head scratching decisions and continues to make me
Worry for his ability to lead us anywhere.

*The game day timing is off to say the least.
*Taylor will be the RT of the future.
*ETN is on the brink of breaking one off.
*We need Robinson to complete that one-two punch.
*We won't be chanting "SNOOOOOOP" within the stadium.
*We need an back-up QB w/respect to Very Little drop off.
*LS10 is fighting for a roster spot (punt returner isn't in his future).
*When the defense jells, they'll be extra good.
*Allen and Walker will have that mirror effect.
*Quarterman and Muma WILL have an viable role in our D.
*Overall, the secondary is more than serviceable.
*Key is key.
*IJS

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-20-2022, 08:47 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Tough day for Lawrence honestly, I hate CJB but his gripes were slightly justified in some of this first half

ROFL I didn't know what you meant with CJB, for a moment I thought you meant CJ Beathard  Laughing  and had me really confused  Huh
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-20-2022, 09:20 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: Rough outing for Trevor. Looks like a rookie.

He is.

It's his rookie year.  Last year was a cluster flick.

That said, he still might turn out to be a turnip.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(08-20-2022, 11:34 PM)NH3 Wrote: *The game day timing is off to say the least.
*Taylor will be the RT of the future.
*ETN is on the brink of breaking one off.
*We need Robinson to complete that one-two punch.
*We won't be chanting "SNOOOOOOP" within the stadium.
*We need an back-up QB w/respect to Very Little drop off.
*LS10 is fighting for a roster spot (punt returner isn't in his future).
*When the defense jells, they'll be extra good.
*Allen and Walker will have that mirror effect.
*Quarterman and Muma WILL have an viable role in our D.
*Overall, the secondary is more than serviceable.
*Key is key.
*IJS

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Wth?   Laughing Laughingwe better find an upgrade next year

I will say our offense was moving much better. Just need to finish drives. Field goals don't win you games in this league. Unless you're playing the Bills. Or the Ravens on Monday Night Football.

He definitely left a couple of throws on the field that he has to make when it counts. Especially that early 3rd down miss to Kirk. He had him and it would/should have kept that drive going. Gotta hit that one.
https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...1733558277
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1561144591935590403

(08-20-2022, 10:11 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 08:54 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Saying it was a tough day for Lawrence is too harsh.  He was good but not great.  Obviously those two missed third down throws were bad.  But what I think is a bigger problem is the lack of big plays.  It's hard to consistently put together 15+ play drives in order to score.  All it takes is one missed throw, one missed block, one RB stumbling in the hole, etc... to kill a drive.  This is a big play league and so far we haven't seen any signs of anyone able to put together a big play for us.  Etienne has been really close to breaking a few but close isn't good enough.  Maybe the WRs have looked great in camp, but in the games so far, none of them have shown anything that would scare a defense.

He's a number one overall pick and a 'generational talent'. Too harsh?  What should the expectations be?  Comes with the territory. Just ask Andrew Luck.

Andrew luck looked miles better than Lawrence has coming into his second season.

(08-21-2022, 12:25 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 10:11 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: He's a number one overall pick and a 'generational talent'. Too harsh?  What should the expectations be?  Comes with the territory. Just ask Andrew Luck.

Andrew luck looked miles better than Lawrence has coming into his second season.

Andrew Luck in his 2nd season... If only we had a WR as good as Wayne who can make his QB look good even when they throw a god awful pass. But wait, I thought only Lawrence makes bad throws from time to time?
https://twitter.com/TDISportsClips/statu...5712974852