Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Random Fresh takes from Jaguars vs Steelers first half.

(08-21-2022, 01:19 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 12:25 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Andrew luck looked miles better than Lawrence has coming into his second season.

Andrew Luck in his 2nd season... If only we had a WR as good as Wayne who can make his QB look good even when they throw a god awful pass. But wait, I thought only Lawrence makes bad throws from time to time?
https://twitter.com/TDISportsClips/statu...5712974852

Okay? Every qb has bad plays. The important part is does the good outweigh the bad. For luck, it did. For Lawrence so far, it hasnt been close.

He can improve, but stop acting like hes the goat he hasnt been good yet.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-21-2022, 02:07 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 01:19 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Andrew Luck in his 2nd season... If only we had a WR as good as Wayne who can make his QB look good even when they throw a god awful pass. But wait, I thought only Lawrence makes bad throws from time to time?

Okay? Every qb has bad plays. The important part is does the good outweigh the bad. For luck, it did. For Lawrence so far, it hasnt been close.

He can improve, but stop acting like hes the goat he hasnt been good yet.

You're literally the only person here who seems to think he's the goat considering you call him that every other post.

But it's good that you're finally learning that Lawrence and every other QB in the history of football has bad throws/plays.

Defense looks good but offense does not look significantly better enough for this team to become relevant. Explosive plays are missing.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022, 05:43 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 5 times in total.)

* TL missed a couple of passes he should have completed.  He had some flashes, but he needs to get better. 
* We never punted in the first half.  
* Our front 7 on defense is the strength of this team. 
 *I'll cut Walker Little some slack for not being able to block the NFL Defensive Player of the Year one on one. 
* K'Lavon Chaisson and Laviska Shenault would be on the bubble if I was running the team.  
* This is obviously a much better coached team than in recent years.  Remember all the mental mistakes and really dumb penalties we had in prior years?  Things run a lot more smoothly now.
* I'm hanging my hopes on the fact that good coaching is both a short term and a long term process.  We've seen definite improvement, from worst team in the league to average losing team.  That's a big step, but still, we look like maybe a 6-11, 7-10 team.

So many of us, including me, are lukewarm on what Trevor has done so far, but here is an opinion on NFL.com:

What We Learned From Saturday's Games

1. [b]Trevor trending upward.[/b] Year two for Trevor Lawrence has been increasingly exciting with each passing preseason week. The quarterback was dialed in Saturday night, firing a few ropes just over the outstretched hands of defenders with placement equal to only the best passers on the planet. Lawrence wowed viewers with his accuracy and powered the Jaguars offense, which moved with relative ease but repeatedly came up short in the red zone. That's the hurdle Jacksonville has yet to clear, but it's already evident that Lawrence is in a better place now under Doug Pederson.

(08-20-2022, 11:54 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 11:34 PM)NH3 Wrote: *The game day timing is off to say the least.
*Taylor will be the RT of the future.
*ETN is on the brink of breaking one off.
*We need Robinson to complete that one-two punch.
*We won't be chanting "SNOOOOOOP" within the stadium.
*We need an back-up QB w/respect to Very Little drop off.
*LS10 is fighting for a roster spot (punt returner isn't in his future).
*When the defense jells, they'll be extra good.
*Allen and Walker will have that mirror effect.
*Quarterman and Muma WILL have an viable role in our D.
*Overall, the secondary is more than serviceable.
*Key is key.
*IJS

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Wth?   Laughing Laughingwe better find an upgrade next year
Still hating I see. "We better find an upgrade next year". According to many, we've already found that upgrade in Little and if we do, where does that action place Little. LT-Nope. Third string-Nope. Interior Lineman-Nope. 

So your eluding that we utilize our first round draft pick on an RT or our second rounder like we previously utilized selecting Taylor. Until then and IF we do, it seems that Taylor has beat out Little to retain his status at the position. Keep Hating. We'll See.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-21-2022, 01:19 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 12:25 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Andrew luck looked miles better than Lawrence has coming into his second season.

Andrew Luck in his 2nd season... If only we had a WR as good as Wayne who can make his QB look good even when they throw a god awful pass. But wait, I thought only Lawrence makes bad throws from time to time?

Laughing Laughing

Beautiful. People forget that Luck was pretty mediocre most of his first few years and all the discussion was about whether he was the third best QB taken in his draft.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022, 08:47 AM by JagsorDie. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-20-2022, 11:18 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 08:47 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Tough day for Lawrence honestly, I hate CJB but his gripes were slightly justified in some of this first half

Dont see why half a preseason game is enough to justify my opinion, he looked better today than he did for the mass majority of last season. And again, he is inconsistent with accuracy, makes head scratching decisions and continues to make me
Worry for his ability to lead us anywhere.
It’s not… I think “slightly” is the key word there.

Like was said by someone in another thread, he may have been forcing a few live rounds to Kirk that were a little off target. After rewatching the first half it wasn’t nearly as bad as I originally thought last night. I’m really not worried at all about the ones and am ready for week one to roll around.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022, 08:38 AM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

H
(08-21-2022, 04:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: * TL missed a couple of passes he should have completed.  He had some flashes, but he needs to get better. 
* We never punted in the first half.  
* Our front 7 on defense is the strength of this team. 
 *I'll cut Walker Little some slack for not being able to block the NFL Defensive Player of the Year one on one. 
* K'Lavon Chaisson and Laviska Shenault would be on the bubble if I was running the team.  
* This is obviously a much better coached team than in recent years.  Remember all the mental mistakes and really dumb penalties we had in prior years?  Things run a lot more smoothly now.
* I'm hanging my hopes on the fact that good coaching is both a short term and a long term process.  We've seen definite improvement, from worst team in the league to average losing team.  That's a big step, but still, we look like maybe a 6-11, 7-10 team.

So many of us, including me, are lukewarm on what Trevor has done so far, but here is an opinion on NFL.com:

What We Learned From Saturday's Games

1. [b]Trevor trending upward.[/b] Year two for Trevor Lawrence has been increasingly exciting with each passing preseason week. The quarterback was dialed in Saturday night, firing a few ropes just over the outstretched hands of defenders with placement equal to only the best passers on the planet. Lawrence wowed viewers with his accuracy and powered the Jaguars offense, which moved with relative ease but repeatedly came up short in the red zone. That's the hurdle Jacksonville has yet to clear, but it's already evident that Lawrence is in a better place now under Doug Pederson.

Pretty much all this, Trevor is improving, period. He has some legit Receivers, he’s not elite yet, but he’s has the tools. No Int’s in 3 quarters. First year with a real Coach and the Coaches seem happy with his direction.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

I enjoyed the game

Shame we couldn't land the kick at the end

Where is Wright when we need him lol

(08-20-2022, 09:20 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: Rough outing for Trevor. Looks like a rookie.

It wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad either.  He didn't throw any interceptions, we drove the ball consistently when he was in there, and he made some good throws.  We never punted in the first half.  He did miss a couple of third down passes, that is true, and we failed to get the ball in the end zone.  But "rough outing?"  That's a little overstated.  We have new receivers, new coaches, new systems, and it's the 2nd week of preseason.

Aww the posts I love to see. Trevor is getting on the same page with the new guys and offense is moving. Redzone work needs to be tightened up of course. Should rename the thread hot takes or bold takes with some of these assessments lol.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022, 10:38 AM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-21-2022, 06:39 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 11:54 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Wth?   Laughing Laughingwe better find an upgrade next year
Still hating I see. "We better find an upgrade next year". According to many, we've already found that upgrade in Little and if we do, where does that action place Little. LT-Nope. Third string-Nope. Interior Lineman-Nope. 

So your eluding that we utilize our first round draft pick on an RT or our second rounder like we previously utilized selecting Taylor. Until then and IF we do, it seems that Taylor has beat out Little to retain his status at the position. Keep Hating. We'll See.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Hating? lol.

Taylor has been garbage, that's why SOME people are desperate to see Little winning the RT spot (which is not happening any time soon).
I definitely wanna see the team get better and not stay mediocre which is why I wanna see a better RT next year.

I don't hate anyone, much less football players I don't even know as a person.
Pointing out Taylor is mediocre in his best days is not hating, it's telling the truth. Also, he is not (or better not be) the RT of the future.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Before the season I was hoping the would ask Cam if he would be willing to play RT and put Little at LT. I think that would of been best for our tackle positions. Im confindent Cam could make that switch. Im not going to let the one play where the best pass rusher in the league beat Little be the deciding factor though. Id switch them out again in the Falcons game and winner take all

Third-round rookie center Luke Fortner stayed clean in pass protection on 24 reps.

the 1st team defense was 5 or 7 for 3 and outs. last week they were 3 for 3 i believe and this week there was no Grffin, WIlliams, or Lloyd. thats missing 3 starters and this starting D was great. I think this offense we start rollng when we get James Robinson back which will likely be early in the season.

If they do give Taylor the RT spot I think we should try Little out at LG against the Falcons

Made it out of preseason relatively healthy and a competitive team on both sides of the ball vs playoff teams. I’m happy.

(08-21-2022, 10:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Third-round rookie center Luke Fortner stayed clean in pass protection on 24 reps.

That was very true. He has looked good overall.

Red zone offense by far my biggest worry so far. Paired with a very shaky kicker situation.

(08-21-2022, 12:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Red zone offense by far my biggest worry so far. Paired with a very shaky kicker situation.

I agree on both boths. Kicker really worries me. Too many games like last night rely on a kicker. We do not have an answer there yet. Redzone has been poor.