Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Random Fresh takes from Jaguars vs Steelers first half.

Trevor is better than Bortles, but worse than Minshew.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-21-2022, 12:41 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: Trevor is better than Bortles, but worse than Minshew.

You can stop now. Minshew has a girlfriend.

(08-21-2022, 12:41 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: Trevor is better than Bortles, but worse than Minshew.

Gthoh troll

Hot take.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

One of the biggest mistakes was letting Gardner go for a 6th. He should still be our backup

(08-20-2022, 10:15 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: It's time for TL to tighten up and and make some plays.

I agree 1,000%

My random thoughts are #22 on defense might be put worse player.

And I don’t want to hear any more Walker Little talk. He’s a backup at best. Taylor is the clear cut starter at RT.

(08-20-2022, 08:54 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Saying it was a tough day for Lawrence is too harsh.  He was good but not great.  Obviously those two missed third down throws were bad.  But what I think is a bigger problem is the lack of big plays.  It's hard to consistently put together 15+ play drives in order to score.  All it takes is one missed throw, one missed block, one RB stumbling in the hole, etc... to kill a drive.  This is a big play league and so far we haven't seen any signs of anyone able to put together a big play for us.  Etienne has been really close to breaking a few but close isn't good enough.  Maybe the WRs have looked great in camp, but in the games so far, none of them have shown anything that would scare a defense.

How many big plays actually happen in the preseason that not due to major busts by the other team or poor tackling?

Also, aren't big plays often a result of specific scouting and game planning? Or even setting up stuff later in the game by looks in the first couple series? Those are things that are not really done during preseason games or the week of preparation for preseason games.

I just feel that big plays are fewer than compared to regular season.

It could definitely still be an issue, but jumping to those conclusions based on preseason seems faulty.

What do you mean lack of big plays?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-21-2022, 12:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Red zone offense by far my biggest worry so far. Paired with a very shaky kicker situation.

Agreed 100%.

PFF Defense grades

[Image: 9pyswo8ga3j91.png?width=2428&format=png&...c98fda1636]

[Image: ay18nq8ga3j91.png?width=2591&format=png&...b76b3bf8fd]

(08-21-2022, 06:38 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: PFF Defense grades

[Image: 9pyswo8ga3j91.png?width=2428&format=png&...c98fda1636]

[Image: ay18nq8ga3j91.png?width=2591&format=png&...b76b3bf8fd]
Can you share the offensive grades? i don't have a subscription, so I couldn't look at them

One thing I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned. Key has been elite this preseason. I hope he plays like that this year and we can extend him or franchise him

I am liking the pressure the d line is getting. Key has been a pleasant suprise.

(08-21-2022, 12:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If they do give Taylor the RT spot I think we should try Little out at LG against the Falcons

Reports are that Walker has issues with technique and footwork. And that he's getting overpowered. How is moving him to LG going to fix that?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022, 09:19 PM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 1 time in total.)

@JAGSORDIE I do not have a subscription either. I saw those posted elsewhere. Player snap counts below

[Image: Screenshot-2022-08-21-183903.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022, 09:48 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-21-2022, 09:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 12:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If they do give Taylor the RT spot I think we should try Little out at LG against the Falcons

Reports are that Walker has issues with technique and footwork. And that he's getting overpowered. How is moving him to LG going to fix that?

Can you show me the report he's getting overpowered? Bartch and Shatley has issues as well but someone has to play LG and Little has the highest upside by far

(08-21-2022, 09:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 09:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Reports are that Walker has issues with technique and footwork. And that he's getting overpowered. How is moving him to LG going to fix that?

Can you show me the report he's getting overpowered? Bartch and Shatley has issues as well but someone has to play LG and Little has the highest upside by far

Leon Searcy, Lunch with Leon, Friday Aug 19th, 1010xl. Has observed it multiple times in practice. I'm certainly not calling him a liar. I'd like to live to see my grandson finish high school.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I have heard tell there are 28 dimensions. Physicist have done math to prove it.  In which one of those dimensions is this statement true?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(08-21-2022, 06:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 12:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Red zone offense by far my biggest worry so far. Paired with a very shaky kicker situation.

Agreed 100%.
I feel pretty confident we're only seeing about 20% of the playbook right now 

RZ efficiency will jump when they open it up in reg szn

(08-21-2022, 10:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 06:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Agreed 100%.
I feel pretty confident we're only seeing about 20% of the playbook right now 

RZ efficiency will jump when they open it up in reg szn

Agreed, vanilla Goal Line plays is an understatement.
A new broom always sweeps clean.