Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Random Fresh takes from Jaguars vs Steelers first half.

I’m sure that’s right about holding back some of the playbook. But it did give me flash backs to last season in the red zone haha. But this team appears night and day from last szn.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-21-2022, 10:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 06:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Agreed 100%.
I feel pretty confident we're only seeing about 20% of the playbook right now 

RZ efficiency will jump when they open it up in reg szn

I don't doubt that we're barely seeing much of the playbook in these preseason games, but are they hiding the playbook in practice as well? Because this Offense has struggled in the Red Zone for most of the camp. Which has been reported a bunch over the past couple weeks.

Sometimes the Best way to score in the red zone is to run the ball. This o-line will have to be powerful

(08-22-2022, 03:53 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 10:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I feel pretty confident we're only seeing about 20% of the playbook right now 

I don't doubt that we're barely seeing much of the playbook in these preseason games, but are they hiding the playbook in practice as well? Because this Offense has struggled in the Red Zone for most of the camp. Which has been reported a bunch over the past couple weeks.

That's exactly what I was about to write.  Our offense has been having red zone problems in practice as well as in games.  So it is definitely a concern at the start of the season.  No matter how good our defense turns out to be, it's going to be hard to win games without at least a couple of touchdowns.

Any update on the injuries? I saw Etienne with at least a limp and obviously Fatukasi with the injury.

(08-22-2022, 05:43 AM)Holger Wrote: Any update on the injuries? I saw Etienne with at least a limp and obviously Fatukasi with the injury.

ETN with a limp?

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2022, 10:12 AM by Mikey.)

(08-20-2022, 10:56 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: He’s thrown to most of these guys only a handful of times in live games.  Timing between QB and receiver takes time and reps.  It’ll be better in the weeks to come.  The pass to Marvin on the sideline that the defender tried to high point but just couldn’t get it was perfectly placed.  The more important positive to focus on is when an incompletion happens it’s not automatically stalling drives.  They are moving the ball and able to get 1st downs.  Need to focus on red zone offense in practice though.

This was my thought, too. He missed Kirk twice on what appeared to be the same sideline pass and I had to think that TLaw had grown used to running that play with someone else who is a step faster. He settled in and was making some nice throws along the way, including that laser to Jones.

If I have to criticize anything, it's that he needs to have his feet set in a stable pocket to get the most out of his accuracy. That's most QB's, though, too. The line did fairly well to give him time. The D looks like it's pretty well built, and it will be good to see us invest in the offense in the next year or two.

I didn't like the second red zone trip, seemed we had 3 WR clustered in one area, but broadcasters made a good point, TLaw put it where only one of two things was going to happen - his guy came down with the ball, or it fell incomplete out of bounds. He's avoiding costly mistakes.

(08-20-2022, 11:06 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Little sucks
Starting to worry about Trevor
Arden Key might become our best FA acquisition since Calais

Coaches would be wise to move Little back to the left side as backup. He doesn't appear comfortable on the right. At all.

Exactly right. Lawrence needs to sit so Perry can get reps with the 1s.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2022, 10:21 AM by Mikey.)

(08-21-2022, 12:20 PM)Upper Wrote: Red zone offense by far my biggest worry so far. Paired with a very shaky kicker situation.

Gotta wonder if the relative lack at RB affects our red zone O. Etienne appears to be getting his legs, but we're gonna wear him out unless anyone else can step up.

(08-21-2022, 12:41 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: Trevor is better than Bortles, but worse than Minshew.

try harder

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2022, 12:12 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-22-2022, 10:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Exactly what I said/meant, you are so smart.

(08-22-2022, 10:10 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-20-2022, 10:56 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: He’s thrown to most of these guys only a handful of times in live games.  Timing between QB and receiver takes time and reps.  It’ll be better in the weeks to come.  The pass to Marvin on the sideline that the defender tried to high point but just couldn’t get it was perfectly placed.  The more important positive to focus on is when an incompletion happens it’s not automatically stalling drives.  They are moving the ball and able to get 1st downs.  Need to focus on red zone offense in practice though.

This was my thought, too. He missed Kirk twice on what appeared to be the same sideline pass and I had to think that TLaw had grown used to running that play with someone else who is a step faster. He settled in and was making some nice throws along the way, including that laser to Jones.

If I have to criticize anything, it's that he needs to have his feet set in a stable pocket to get the most out of his accuracy. That's most QB's, though, too. The line did fairly well to give him time. The D looks like it's pretty well built, and it will be good to see us invest in the offense in the next year or two.

I didn't like the second red zone trip, seemed we had 3 WR clustered in one area, but broadcasters made a good point, TLaw put it where only one of two things was going to happen - his guy came down with the ball, or it fell incomplete out of bounds. He's avoiding costly mistakes.

Coaches would be wise to move Little back to the left side as backup. He doesn't appear comfortable on the right. At all.

I mean I guess that's the best thing they can do because it doesn't seem like he will ever be good at RT.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-22-2022, 12:06 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-22-2022, 10:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Exactly right. Lawrence needs to sit so Perry can get reps with the 1s.

Exactly what I said/meant, you are so smart.

(08-22-2022, 10:10 AM)Mikey Wrote: This was my thought, too. He missed Kirk twice on what appeared to be the same sideline pass and I had to think that TLaw had grown used to running that play with someone else who is a step faster. He settled in and was making some nice throws along the way, including that laser to Jones.

I mean I guess that's the best thing they can do because it doesn't seem like he will ever be good at RT.

It's weird how people think linemen can just shuffle around to any spot. It's difficult to move from LT to RT, it's not simple to move from Tackle to Guard, but these folks think you just plug a guy in and he can do it just fine. That's why the Cam to RT thing was dumb, he's never done it before in his life and there's no guarantee he can do it at all.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2022, 12:50 PM by SamusAranX. Edited 1 time in total.)

If someone could post the exact date we are supposed to turn on TL en masse that would be great. Calendar is already full:

September: complain about kicking game; work on bust thesis for Walker as he only has one sack through 4/5 games
October: begin discussing draft; develop tanking plan
November: post thread asking if Doug Pederson should be fired. Submit plan to coach search to Khan
December: I have some space here should we pencil it in?

(08-22-2022, 03:53 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 10:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I feel pretty confident we're only seeing about 20% of the playbook right now 

Pederson is on record saying the defense has the upper hand in practices. 
One of the things I recall him saying at some point was how they are using the 11 v 11 periods (RZ and otherwise) to install, rehearse, and refine plays.  They aren't scheming against a defense. They are installing and practicing. 

I think it will be different when they are up against an opponent they've watched tape on and actively scheme against. They aren't dialing that up in practice, they are just trying to execute the play. 

If they open up the playbook and keep settling for 3, I'll get worried. We're not there yet.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2022, 01:00 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-22-2022, 10:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I'm presuming this is an Urban Meyer joke....

(08-22-2022, 12:48 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: If someone could post the exact date we are supposed to turn on TL en masse that would be great. Calendar is already full:

September: complain about kicking game; work on bust thesis for Walker as he only has one sack through 4/5 games
October: begin discussing draft; develop tanking plan
November: post thread asking if Doug Pederson should be fired. Submit plan to coach search to Khan
December: I have some space here should we pencil it in?

December: Call for Baalke's head (after praising him during preseason for what appeared to be solid draft picks in ETN, Walker, Cisco and Campbell).
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(08-21-2022, 10:03 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 06:39 AM)NH3 Wrote: Still hating I see. "We better find an upgrade next year". According to many, we've already found that upgrade in Little and if we do, where does that action place Little. LT-Nope. Third string-Nope. Interior Lineman-Nope. 

So your eluding that we utilize our first round draft pick on an RT or our second rounder like we previously utilized selecting Taylor. Until then and IF we do, it seems that Taylor has beat out Little to retain his status at the position. Keep Hating. We'll See.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Hating? lol.

Taylor has been garbage, that's why SOME people are desperate to see Little winning the RT spot (which is not happening any time soon).
I definitely wanna see the team get better and not stay mediocre which is why I wanna see a better RT next year.

I don't hate anyone, much less football players I don't even know as a person.
Pointing out Taylor is mediocre in his best days is not hating, it's telling the truth. Also, he is not (or better not be) the RT of the future.
I apologize for you taking My "Still Hating I see" comment as if you personally hated/dislike Taylor. It wasn't meant as such. It's meant as in you're hating on the fact that Taylor is still our RT for the foreseeable future until he's not. I'm sure that you as an Jaguar fan has no reason to Hate someone w/o an legitiment reason.

Also if Taylor is "mediocre in his best days", what does that say/if it says anything about Little. As of yesterday, Taylor is still the front runner at the position.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-22-2022, 01:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status...sk3qvqZyBA

Stop it! 
Half the board will have Superbowl expectations this year, leading to the same people calling for everyones head!
In Dougie I Trust!

(08-22-2022, 01:23 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 10:03 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Hating? lol.

Taylor has been garbage, that's why SOME people are desperate to see Little winning the RT spot (which is not happening any time soon).
I definitely wanna see the team get better and not stay mediocre which is why I wanna see a better RT next year.

I don't hate anyone, much less football players I don't even know as a person.
Pointing out Taylor is mediocre in his best days is not hating, it's telling the truth. Also, he is not (or better not be) the RT of the future.
I apologize for you taking My "Still Hating I see" comment as if you personally hated/dislike Taylor. It wasn't meant as such. It's meant as in you're hating on the fact that Taylor is still our RT for the foreseeable future until he's not. I'm sure that you as an Jaguar fan has no reason to Hate someone w/o an legitiment reason.

Also if Taylor is "mediocre in his best days", what does that say/if it says anything about Little. As of yesterday, Taylor is still the front runner at the position.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Yeah, it says Little sucks lol.

Like I said on another post, I think Taylor will have his best year but I don't think he will be good enough to be the future at the position. I hope I am wrong though, that way we don't have to use another pick or spend more money on free agency.

We'll see, maybe he will surprise us.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

It looks like there haven't been so many penalties against us this pre-season and last year it was Taylor's fault too many times. If he can stop the stupid penalties then he will have added a lot of value to the team. I don't think he's the long term answer at RT but hopefully he'll be good enough this year.

It could happen though. Just look at Robinson who appears to be better than ever. Whether it's because of the competition or what is was I don't know but it's nonetheless a positive.

Regarding Little I'll let others decide if the team was desperate to re-sign Robinson because they realized Little wasn't the answer or if Robinson improved because he realized Little would take over otherwise...