Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags vs Falcons

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022, 03:07 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Last preseaon game, what would you like to see?

This time that Doug is giving our offense in the Preseason will pay off come week 1. I hope Doug gives the offense a couple series in the game agaisnt Atl. Still a few kinks to workout. Id sit our staring D outside of Lloyd if he is ready to get a few snaps. On offense Id only sit Scherff and maybe Eitienne.  Most dont play their starting offense in the last Preseason game but I think our offense needs it to help get ready for Wash.  There is a bye week between the Falcons and Washington, id like to just see a few series with the first team offense to see if we can score a TD

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No f-in field goals. Go for it on 4th down in the red zone.

I don’t want to see any starters playing. Get out of the preseason healthy and get ready for Washington.

Get good work before the game. Let young players get game tape for the other teams. Avoid injuries. 2 weeks until season opener.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022, 03:57 PM by Dimson. Edited 1 time in total.)

My least favorite pre season game. Would love to see Trevor get a TD but no way he plays this game.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-21-2022, 01:03 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: No f-in field goals. Go for it on 4th down in the red zone.

nah I want to see the Kicker get all the practice he can get; I don't want to leave points on the board during the regular season when getting him a few reps now can help lock down some consistency.

I also don't want to give up too much of our plays/philosophy in the redzone, kicking plays don't change so there's no downside to putting tape out there to be used against you.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Find a reliable kicker. No injuries. No fights.

I hope the starters are nowhere near the field, other than the couple who haven’t made an appearance at all so far. If they want a chance to knock off the rust then ok. But if our starting units take the field then we’re in for a long season as it means the practices haven’t taken.

I've seen enough of the starters

I'd sit them

The offense is going to look better when Doug employs the whole playbook, and the defense is legit.

They'll get good work in those joint practices - no need to risk injury in that game IMO

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022, 09:18 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

Sit the starters and kick field goals every time you have 4th and whatever inside the 50 yard line. We need the practice.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I don’t think our kicker is currently on the roster.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Like everyone else, this is the day for the bottom of the roster to shine.

That includes the kicker. I want to see him nail one from 50. He's missed a few long kicks, and you can see it's affecting his confidence. Those are challenging kicks, and I'd love to see him prove doubters wrong. That is, at least, until we find someone else more reliable from that distance. Good luck with that.

I won't be looking for much in the game itself - hopefully we're not counting on many of these guys to bail us out over the course of the season. Keep the dumb mistakes down is the most important goal for this week. Play smart ball and you'll stick around in this league, even if it's wandering from practice squad to practice squad.

Kinda hope they don't even play Connor this week, we are gonna need a committee at RB this year.

(08-21-2022, 09:15 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I don’t think our kicker is currently on the roster.

I don't think so either. So no point in giving Santoso reps.

Would be good news
https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...1540812800

(08-23-2022, 07:22 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Would be good news
https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...1540812800

Would be great news.  Hopefully he plays and shows out

Had a peak at the Falcons message board:

"Lawrence isn’t even the best quarterback on the Jags. We’re better if he plays. But it’s preseason. "

I'm sorry, what?

(08-26-2022, 09:05 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Had a peak at the Falcons message board:

"Lawrence isn’t even the best quarterback on the Jags. We’re better if he plays. But it’s preseason. "

I'm sorry, what?

Must not have been at practice the last two days when Lawrence LIT THEM UP!!

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2022, 09:53 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-21-2022, 09:10 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Sit the starters and kick field goals every time you have 4th and whatever inside the 50 yard line. We need the practice.

I agree.  Given the fact that the backups will be in, what's the use of going for it on 4th down.  We need gameday field goal competition to see who can kick a FG in an actual game.  Are we using the same placeholder as last year?  That's often a key factor in the kickers efficiency as well.

(08-26-2022, 09:05 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Had a peak at the Falcons message board:

I'm sorry, what?

Looks like Luton is hitting the Falcon's message board

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2022, 10:04 AM by imtheblkranger.)

(08-26-2022, 09:52 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 09:10 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Sit the starters and kick field goals every time you have 4th and whatever inside the 50 yard line. We need the practice.

I agree.  Given the fact that the backups will be in, what's the use of going for it on 4th down.  We need gameday field goal competition to see who can kick a FG in an actual game.  Are we using the same placeholder as last year?  That's often a key factor in the kickers efficiency as well.

I'm sorry, what?

Looks like Luton is hitting the Falcon's message board

New kicker so far seems like he'll be fine, thank god.

And I know right? I've seen some takes, and I know I'm a massive homer, but man. Even the most critical guys on our board would agree Trevor is far and away our best QB. He's just mad they're rolling out there with Mariota

FWIW I think it was the same guy saying Desmond Ridder is better than Trevor right now

I'm sorry, what?

We had fans on this message board saying that last season. 

Anyway, falcons players certainly don't share that opinion after those joint practices. 
Several of them mentioned it in that Jags twitter post where players from both teams gave props and shoutouts to one another after day 2.