Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travon Walker has been such a pleasant surprise.

We may not really know how these two players (Walker v Hutch) are going to pan out for quite some time, but Walker seems to be primed to make a more immediate impact at this early stage in the game.

I took a wait-and-see approach to the pick, so no crow and also no victory lap for me. Just glad we seem to have a guy that may be worthy of the pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am wait and see on everything with this team. I like what I saw this preseason but we will see. Could be exciting defense or might be another season of woe.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2022, 11:51 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

It's always wait and see until they can show solid consistency. I have a small ounce of faith that the immediate pressure he was able to cause against starters in preseason can carry over to the regular. One flash is nothing but he's had several imo. Either he shines with stats or frees up the rest of the DL. We'll see tho, but I gotta feeling lol.

To add...I'm not as mad as balke from these last two drafts. He's drafted some interesting players who could potentially develop into good/great players.
Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(08-25-2022, 11:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: We may not really know how these two players (Walker v Hutch) are going to pan out for quite some time, but Walker seems to be primed to make a more immediate impact at this early stage in the game.

I took a wait-and-see approach to the pick, so no crow and also no victory lap for me. Just glad we seem to have a guy that may be worthy of the pick.

I think the opposite with Hutch more primed to make the immediate impact but Walker having the higher ceiling and floor.  Hutch will be playing 1 position with 1 role whereas Walker will play a more diverse role and came in as many believe to be a little bit more raw

I wonder what TheOlineMatters is up to right now. I know he said he'd swore off the Jags when they took Walker, but I don't believe he hasn't at least kept up a little bit with whats been going on in camp/preseason and the real positives Walker has already shown in this small sample size.

(08-25-2022, 11:38 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I wanted Hutch because I didn't believe in Travons floor out the gate.  He had the higher ceiling but I didn't want a project.  The fact that both are performing well gives me a plus 1 for TWalk.  He has more athleticism etc with a higher ceiling.  My crow is doubting Walker.  We took the better player imo.

Yep, I'm on this train too. Initially was perplexed but even though it's *way* early, it's looking like Jags made the right move. I'm not quite there yet but I'm warming to the idea that maybe Baalke knows more than a lot of us have been giving him credit for.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-25-2022, 07:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I wonder what TheOlineMatters is up to right now. I know he said he'd swore off the Jags when they took Walker, but I don't believe he hasn't at least kept up a little bit with whats been going on in camp/preseason and the real positives Walker has already shown in this small sample size.

As soon as we win 4 games under Pederson he'll come crawling back.

I just don't know if that'll be week 8 or week 13, LOL

(08-25-2022, 08:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 07:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I wonder what TheOlineMatters is up to right now. I know he said he'd swore off the Jags when they took Walker, but I don't believe he hasn't at least kept up a little bit with whats been going on in camp/preseason and the real positives Walker has already shown in this small sample size.

As soon as we win 4 games under Pederson he'll come crawling back.

Week 4.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Travon Walker is awesome.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2022, 11:26 AM by Mikey.)

@Probably jumped on the Bengals bandwagon now that they are good@

I'll give him credit for sticking to what usually amounts to an empty threat. He'll catch all kinds of ridicule if Walker pans out and he returns. If he's got thick skin, maybe we see him back.

(08-25-2022, 09:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 08:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: As soon as we win 4 games under Pederson he'll come crawling back.

Week 4.

OH YEAH!

That's some good kool-aid you brewed up