Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most Overlooked New Player

(08-24-2022, 08:20 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(08-24-2022, 05:11 AM)NH3 Wrote: Yes Indeed. 

Being that we havn't seen him on the playing field as of yet he is definately overlooked. One could say that Robinson could be overlooked but we know what we have in him when healthy. The same can be said for Key and or any other FA that we've acquired. They'll be a time when Lloyd will be able to grace us w/his athleticism of which may be against the Commanders.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

He's not overlooked. People have been clamoring for him to play this entire preseason, even though he's injured.

This, we being him up almost everyday and say we can't wait for him to play to see what the full D will look like

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-23-2022, 10:00 PM)NH3 Wrote: Our most overlooked player hasn't seen pre-season action as of yet.

NH3...

Cole Van Lanen?

Jordan Smith

(08-23-2022, 09:31 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Arden Key was an after-thought in free agency. Now, he looks like a force on the interior lightning package.

I liked it a lot then, and like it even more now.

(03-30-2022, 10:15 AM)Upper Wrote: Our second best signing of the FA period.

(08-24-2022, 10:20 AM)Upper Wrote:
(08-23-2022, 09:31 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Arden Key was an after-thought in free agency.  Now, he looks like a force on the interior lightning package.

I liked it a lot then, and like it even more now.

(03-30-2022, 10:15 AM)Upper Wrote: Our second best signing of the FA period.

My mom is a niner fan I saw a lot of him I loved the signing.
No Fun

(08-24-2022, 07:48 PM)nhiverson Wrote:
(08-24-2022, 10:20 AM)Upper Wrote: I liked it a lot then, and like it even more now.

My mom is a niner fan I saw a lot of him I loved the signing.

Fair warning, Zach Wilson could be lurking this board.

Key!

Scherff

It has to be Auzoyah Alufohai... He's the only guy without a picture next to his name on the roster page of the team website.

Ok, my final answer

Luke Fortner

(08-25-2022, 04:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ok, my final answer

Luke Fortner

Good one

He took the starting job as a rookie after coaches got a look at him in OTAs and that moved Shatley (temporarily) to LG even thought many thought Shatley would start at C. 

After 3 preseason games, he has not stood out negatively and that's a very good thing for a rookie Center. 
Other linemen have struggled by comparison.

Defense: Dawuane Smoot. He's gotten to the QB 6 times the last 3 seasons in a row. He's looked great in camp and won reps against our better linemen with a mix of power and some developed moves. I think he's going to be an important piece in the DL rotation and he's only getting better.

Offense: Ben Bartch. He really came on at the end of last year and looked good playing guard. I haven't seen him miss any assignments in preseason so far; he's recently usurped Tyler Shatley for the LG spot with the ones and I hope he keeps it. During the probowl last year, there was a poll given to all probowlers that asked "which player not here, and not on your team, would you not be surprised to see here soon" It was anonymous, and just a cool insiders perspective of what players actually think of their competition in the league. ... and surprisingly Bartch got a mention as a guy to watch that once he fully adjusts to the NFL could be a mainstay on the interior OL for a long time.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Snoop Conner is going to surprise us this season. Just look at Pederson's offensive scheme in Philly. Lots of Sproles in that offense, which could be ETN, however, I think Snoop may prove to be more elusive than ETN -- still not sure ETN is 100% at this time.

(08-26-2022, 10:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Snoop Conner is going to surprise us this season.  Just look at Pederson's offensive scheme in Philly.  Lots of Sproles in that offense, which could be ETN, however, I think Snoop may prove to be more elusive than ETN -- still not sure ETN is 100% at this time.

It'll be Etienne and Robinson in a committee.
Robinson will get more of the early down "between the tackles" stuff. 
Etienne will get a bit of that, but more stretches, tosses, etc plus most of the Sproles screens, swing passes, wheel routes, and gadget stuff. 

If Connor gets touches it will be spelling one of those guys or the LaGarette Blount power back role Pederson used briefly in Philly. Not the Sproles stuff. Connor doesn't have the wiggle necessary. 

That's my best guess anyway.

(08-26-2022, 10:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 10:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Snoop Conner is going to surprise us this season.  Just look at Pederson's offensive scheme in Philly.  Lots of Sproles in that offense, which could be ETN, however, I think Snoop may prove to be more elusive than ETN -- still not sure ETN is 100% at this time.

It'll be Etienne and Robinson in a committee.
Robinson will get more of the early down "between the tackles" stuff. 
Etienne will get a bit of that, but more stretches, tosses, etc plus most of the Sproles screens, swing passes, wheel routes, and gadget stuff. 

If Connor gets touches it will be spelling one of those guys or the LaGarette Blount power back role Pederson used briefly in Philly. Not the Sproles stuff. Connor doesn't have the wiggle necessary. 

That's my best guess anyway.

Since we're on the subject of RBs and overlooked players, Armstead barely gets a mention these days.  Covid derailed him pretty well, but if he is back to 100%, he was a 5th round pick too.

In what world is Snoop more elusive than ETN!?!

(08-26-2022, 09:56 AM)Firesky Wrote: Defense: Dawuane Smoot. He's gotten to the QB 6 times the last 3 seasons in a row. He's looked great in camp and won reps against our better linemen with a mix of power and some developed moves. I think he's going to be an important piece in the DL rotation and he's only getting better.

Offense: Ben Bartch. He really came on at the end of last year and looked good playing guard. I haven't seen him miss any assignments in preseason so far; he's recently usurped Tyler Shatley for the LG spot with the ones and I hope he keeps it. During the probowl last year, there was a poll given to all probowlers that asked "which player not here, and not on your team, would you not be surprised to see here soon" It was anonymous, and just a cool insiders perspective of what players actually think of their competition in the league. ...  and surprisingly Bartch got a mention as a guy to watch that once he fully adjusts to the NFL could be a mainstay on the interior OL for a long time.

...I guess you missed "new" in the topic heading.

(08-26-2022, 09:56 AM)Firesky Wrote: Defense: Dawuane Smoot. He's gotten to the QB 6 times the last 3 seasons in a row. He's looked great in camp and won reps against our better linemen with a mix of power and some developed moves. I think he's going to be an important piece in the DL rotation and he's only getting better.

Offense: Ben Bartch. He really came on at the end of last year and looked good playing guard. I haven't seen him miss any assignments in preseason so far; he's recently usurped Tyler Shatley for the LG spot with the ones and I hope he keeps it. During the probowl last year, there was a poll given to all probowlers that asked "which player not here, and not on your team, would you not be surprised to see here soon" It was anonymous, and just a cool insiders perspective of what players actually think of their competition in the league. ...  and surprisingly Bartch got a mention as a guy to watch that once he fully adjusts to the NFL could be a mainstay on the interior OL for a long time.

NEW 

NEW PLAYER

(08-26-2022, 11:23 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: In what world is Snoop more elusive than ETN!?!

In the post-Lisfranc injury era -- sure hope I'm wrong though

Focusing on NEW players as the OP suggested, I really feel like Key and Fatukasi were the most overlooked initially.

They've made their presence known now.

Next up is Darious Williams. He hasn't had the chance to shine yet. I bet he makes some plays at nickel soon enough.