Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
team to beat in division

the team to beat in our division isn't going to be the colts,nor tittians. the team to watch out for is Houston Texans. thier qb had a great Rookie year last season lots of TDS,and they look super good already this year. 

they are 3-0. don't tell me pre-season means nothing,i seen  undeafted teams in preseason come out and do great,also seen them do bad.  Most of the time teams with loseing records like Jags have a  stinkey season. team might be a tad better,but not good enough to compete in own division yet.  Texans are 3-0 in preseason,while jags are 0-3 colts are also winless. tittians are 1-1.  watch colts win last pre-season game while jags lose which would make team 0-4 going into regluar season.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2022, 08:23 AM by imtheblkranger. Edited 1 time in total.)

It's still the Titans. They won't be 12-5, but they're still the best in the division for now. Indy will be worse than last year, Ryan is a downgrade from Wentz, and Houston will be better than last year but still not good.

Davis Mills didn't have "lots of TDs" He threw 16.

And preseason record absolutely means nothing. Detroit was 4-0 in preseason the year they went 0-16 in the regular season.

Mmmmmkay
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I picked the Clots in a similar topic to this. Will stay with that, but it'll be close between them and the Tacks.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

so you tell us not to tell you the very thing we should tell you. So, because I like circumventing the rules, I'll rephrase it.

Preseason scores mean nothing. You can short-sightedly look at wins and losses, total yards, times of possesion, etc as some stat without any context, and you aren't getting any idea who is good or ungood. You have to look at the big picture. Jags are 0-3, they are doomed to pick first again, right? Of course not! Look at how our 1's did. They moved the ball. The defense rattled opposing offenses. The reserves came in, and we looked like warm puke. Looking at things from a broader perspective will tell you who the contenders are - who has a good starting lineup; who has reliable depth; who has a coach who knows how to use the players they have. So yeah, preseason is meaningful, but you have to dig to find the meaning.

the team to beat in the division? The correct answer is "yes". It will be "yes" until we start beating any of them. I don't see any one team running away with the division this year. It will be a close race throughout the season, and really anyone can get on a hot streak and take the crown.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2022, 11:56 AM by imtheblkranger.)

Jags starters outscored other teams 19-7 over 3.5 quarters. Been in scoring position every drive. Zero punts from the first team. That's what matters from preseason.

titans seem best poised to be the team to beat.
colts and Jags hovering in the middle area with question marks.
tinhorns may surprise a bit with Mills and Pierce, but have too many obstacles to overcome IMO

(08-26-2022, 11:55 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Jags starters outscored other teams 19-7 over 3.5 quarters. Been in scoring position every drive. Zero punts from the first team. That's what matters from preseason.

you forgot to factor in last year's stats, under a different coach (which applies to both Jags and horns)

Texans have beaten  jags in 8 stright games,tittians  have had jags umber fo years even in 1999.  Colts always seem  to spilt with jags.

(08-26-2022, 03:43 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Texans have beaten  jags in 8 stright games,tittians  have had jags umber fo years even in 1999.  Colts always seem  to spilt with jags.

Ok, and? That doesn't make any of them the division favorite. Just means we suck in the division. And everywhere else. We've just sucked.

Maybe Wolfie means hardest team for US to beat, not the entire NFL.

Tinhorns have had our number a little more than the other guys, and always seem to play up to us no matter how bad they are. Colts, er, not so much.

Titans are a good team and play like one.

Remember wolfie the red squiggly line under your words is ur best friend

Auto correct *

(08-26-2022, 08:22 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: It's still the Titans. They won't be 12-5, but they're still the best in the division for now. Indy will be worse than last year, Ryan is a downgrade from Wentz, and Houston will be better than last year but still not good.

And preseason record absolutely means nothing. Detroit was 4-0 in preseason the year they went 0-16 in the regular season.

TN is going to be better than their team last yr.  Their defensive unit is stronger and they have Henry back and no way they face the injury bug they did last yr.  Their rookie class also looks strong.  Their rookie 3rd rounder won the RT job and they solved the backup QB hole with Willis.  I think Indy is in trouble due to OL.  I agree Houston is solid because of Mills.  I think our DL is going to give fits to the division but until we stop the run we won't be the top of the hill.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

The team to beat is the jags! New bully coming on the block.

(08-28-2022, 01:23 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The team to beat is the jags! New bully coming on the block.

you are setting yourself up for major dissaponitent. Jags wont be good this season. it will be another loseing season. it wouldn't surpise me if Jags are first team in nfl to get 1st pick 3 years in a row.

I am expecting the team to stink this year,ill still cheer them on,and hope they win,but i highly doubt they will. ill be surpised if they win more then 3 to four games.

(08-28-2022, 03:01 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 01:23 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The team to beat is the jags! New bully coming on the block.

you are setting yourself up for major dissaponitent. Jags wont be good this season. it will be another loseing season. it wouldn't surpise me if Jags are first team in nfl to get 1st pick 3 years in a row.

I am expecting the team to stink this year,ill still cheer them on,and hope they win,but i highly doubt they will. ill be surpised if they win more then 3 to four games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2N4tIAqOGo

(08-28-2022, 12:55 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 08:22 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: It's still the Titans. They won't be 12-5, but they're still the best in the division for now. Indy will be worse than last year, Ryan is a downgrade from Wentz, and Houston will be better than last year but still not good.

TN is going to be better than their team last yr.  Their defensive unit is stronger and they have Henry back and no way they face the injury bug they did last yr.  Their rookie class also looks strong.  Their rookie 3rd rounder won the RT job and they solved the backup QB hole with Willis.  I think Indy is in trouble due to OL.  I agree Houston is solid because of Mills.  I think our DL is going to give fits to the division but until we stop the run we won't be the top of the hill.
Tacks will regress big time I think. No play making WR anymore to keep the D honest (I love Woods but off a torn ACL at his age?).

Defense will be meh which means it’ll be on Tannehills shoulders….. nope.

(08-28-2022, 06:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 12:55 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: TN is going to be better than their team last yr.  Their defensive unit is stronger and they have Henry back and no way they face the injury bug they did last yr.  Their rookie class also looks strong.  Their rookie 3rd rounder won the RT job and they solved the backup QB hole with Willis.  I think Indy is in trouble due to OL.  I agree Houston is solid because of Mills.  I think our DL is going to give fits to the division but until we stop the run we won't be the top of the hill.
Tacks will regress big time I think. No play making WR anymore to keep the D honest (I love Woods but off a torn ACL at his age?).

It all depends on if Henry can stay healthy

(08-28-2022, 06:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 12:55 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: TN is going to be better than their team last yr.  Their defensive unit is stronger and they have Henry back and no way they face the injury bug they did last yr.  Their rookie class also looks strong.  Their rookie 3rd rounder won the RT job and they solved the backup QB hole with Willis.  I think Indy is in trouble due to OL.  I agree Houston is solid because of Mills.  I think our DL is going to give fits to the division but until we stop the run we won't be the top of the hill.

Exactly. They also won way more close games than the average. Here's a good quote on it:

"They were unsustainably good in games decided by seven points or fewer. After going 7-6 in one-score games during coach Mike Vrabel's first two years, the 2020 Titans went 7-2 in one-score games. History tells us that's extremely difficult to sustain; teams that win five more close games than they lose in a given year often don't keep that up the following season. They go from 199-44 (.819) in those close games to 102-126 (.447) in those same games the following year. Their overall record declines by an average of four wins per 17 games." Predicting NFL teams most likely to decline in 2022 - Numbers, history show Packers, Raiders, Steelers, Titans, Falcons will lose more games (espn.com)

...are you saying we end up beating ourselves too often? You may be onto something.