Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
team to beat in division

(03-17-2023, 11:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-17-2023, 01:03 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: The Jaguars with no one drafted or significant signings other than Ridley are still the best team in the division.  The coaching woke the offense up and they know how to win.  They will only be better.  The young talent on defense will need to improve (Walker, Lloyd).  Would like to see some secondary help,  was also hoping for Hargrave since we lost Key.  We're missing an interior pass rush and a good corner on the other side of Campbell.  Also not thrilled with the safeties.  Jenkins over achieved and Cisco is still developing.  Vonn Bell I thought would be good.  We need OL help as well.  Hoping we fill in the remaining holes and contend not just for the division,  but for homefield in the playoffs.  I don't know that we win as much keeping everything the same from this past year.

Darious Williams is the good corner on the other side of Campbell. 
He played great there once they finally shifted him and the coaches have said he'll stay there.
We just need a nickel back. 

Cisco only had the look of "still developing" in three out of 19 games. He's good. 
Worry about strong safety, not Cisco. 

You're right to worry about OL. 
Cam underperformed, Walker may be forced to play the right side where he's less proven, LG is a mystery with Bartch coming back from injury and Shatley declining rapidly. Fortner gave up tons of pressure at center as a rookie, and Norwell played badly at times post injury. 
They need legit competition and depth.

https://twitter.com/MattHayesCFB/status/...24608?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-10-2023, 08:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-17-2023, 11:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Darious Williams is the good corner on the other side of Campbell. 
He played great there once they finally shifted him and the coaches have said he'll stay there.
We just need a nickel back. 

Cisco only had the look of "still developing" in three out of 19 games. He's good. 
Worry about strong safety, not Cisco. 

You're right to worry about OL. 
Cam underperformed, Walker may be forced to play the right side where he's less proven, LG is a mystery with Bartch coming back from injury and Shatley declining rapidly. Fortner gave up tons of pressure at center as a rookie, and Norwell played badly at times post injury. 
They need legit competition and depth.

https://twitter.com/MattHayesCFB/status/...24608?s=20

Norwell... LOL

I meant Scherff.

Overpaid free agent guard du jour.

(04-10-2023, 09:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-10-2023, 08:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/MattHayesCFB/status/...24608?s=20

Norwell... LOL

I meant Scherff.

I get the feeling this is Scherff's last year here. Definitely could use an influx of new O-linemen next weekend to replace Cam & Scherff and push Fortner & Bartsch.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-18-2023, 02:23 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-10-2023, 09:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Norwell... LOL

I meant Scherff.

I get the feeling this is Scherff's last year here. Definitely could use an influx of new O-linemen next weekend to replace Cam & Scherff and push Fortner & Bartsch.

Scherff was on of our recent restructures.
That means his dead cap number if released after this season has gone up to 14.5 mil

At that number - I hope he can find some longevity and produce this season and in 2024, but I would not be shocked if 2023 is the final season for him here. 

Fingers crossed he stays healthy and holds it down. 

Regarding new blood, if the first four picks in the draft end up being:

OT
EDGE
NB
IOL 

Or some version of that ^ 
I will be a very happy camper. No idea how value will fall to our spots, but it would be awesome to address those positions.

To be the KING, you have to beat the KING.

We will not be the KINGS until we can beat the Titans with Ryan Tannehill, the KING of the AFC South.

I think the division comes down to us and TN. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Jags are loaded on O and TN is loaded on D.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(09-06-2023, 06:52 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I think the division comes down to us and TN.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out.  Jags are loaded on O and TN is loaded on D.

How are the flaming thumbtacks "loaded" on defense, exactly? 

Good DL/OLBs, nothing of note at ILB,  good safety in Byard, and a solid CB in Fulton. 

That's "loaded?"

Worst red zone defense in the league last year - and 2nd worst in TDs allowed. They are good at stopping the run, I'll give 'em that.

(09-06-2023, 06:52 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I think the division comes down to us and TN.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out.  Jags are loaded on O and TN is loaded on Derrick Henry.

FTFY

(09-06-2023, 07:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-06-2023, 06:52 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I think the division comes down to us and TN.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out.  Jags are loaded on O and TN is loaded on D.

How are the flaming thumbtacks "loaded" on defense, exactly? 

Good DL/OLBs, nothing of note at ILB,  good safety in Byard, and a solid CB in Fulton. 

That's "loaded?"

Worst red zone defense in the league last year - and 2nd worst in TDs allowed. They are good at stopping the run, I'll give 'em that.

Are they good at stopping the run, or just so bad at stopping the pass that nobody bothered to run against them?

Third fewest rushing attempts against them in the league last year (SF and BUF combined for four fewer attempts faced), but tacks had the most passing attempts faced, almost 50 more than the next worst team. Sounds like coaches knew where to hit em.

Like when the Colts had Manning/Dungy, the AFC South is fighting for second place behind Trevor/Pederson.

This was posted last year. look at the date on page 1 please.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Bwahaha titans and texans both shat themselves and lost

Keep a close eye on jets

Actually can't wait to verse em

(09-10-2023, 10:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jawabreaker/status/1...94309?s=20

Haha nice

After week two I think I still believe it is a two horse race in the division.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

(09-19-2023, 05:14 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: After week two I think I still believe it is a two horse race in the division.

Between us & tacks.

I think will win the division. Tacks passing defense IS bad and we have the offense to beat them.

It’s always the jags.

I feel like maybe we just aren't a good team. Had all the hope in the world that we'd be the class of the division and maybe the conference. Now I'm just hoping we're still at least decent and playoff viable. It's a what have you done for me lately league and that stunk bad.

(09-23-2023, 10:49 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: I feel like maybe we just aren't a good team.  Had all the hope in the world that we'd be the class of the division and maybe the conference.  Now I'm just hoping we're still at least decent and playoff viable.  It's a what have you done for me lately league and that stunk bad.

You’re [BLEEP] kidding me.  We lose to the Super Bowl champs by one score and hold them to 17 and suddenly we aren’t a good team.  Good grief.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]