Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com AFC South Preview

http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-jaguars# I found this pretty interesting although I didn't totally agree. I didn't see this posted anywhere. If it was I apologize

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What don't you agree with?

Here is another preview:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...the-taking

Quote:What don't you agree with?
I think that the Indy Oline is worse then ours. Linder and Beachum are better then anyone on there oline.

Quote:I think that the Indy Oline is worse then ours. Linder and Beachum are better then anyone on their oline.

So is Cann. Obviously the person who said that was looking through blue and white glasses.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-jaguars#'>http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-jaguars#</a> I found this pretty interesting although I didn't totally agree. I didn't see this posted anywhere. If it was I apologize

I agreed with most of it. I didn't agree that the texans have a better skill position group over ours. Nuke Hopkins is good, lamar miller is good, but everyone else is not proven. The jags skill positions are proven.

On paper their rankings seem legit, but luckily they don't play on paper!

Quote:I agreed with most of it. I didn't agree that the texans have a better skill position group over ours. Nuke Hopkins is good, lamar miller is good, but everyone else is not proven. The jags skill positions are proven.

On paper their rankings seem legit, but luckily they don't play on paper!
Yeah I agree Jags skill position players are better. I still think ours have a lot to prove though. Especially Bortles,Julius and Yeldon!

Quote:Yeah I agree Jags skill position players are better. I still think ours have a lot to prove though. Especially Bortles,Julius and Yeldon!

A lot to prove? Not Julius and Blake.  We know what they are. Yeldon needs to show us he is a three-down player if we want to use him that way. The guys who need to prove themselves are on the offensive line and defense.

Quote:A lot to prove? Not Julius and Blake. We know what they are. Yeldon needs to show us he is a three-down player if we want to use him that way. The guys who need to prove themselves are on the offensive line and defense.

Blake certainly has a lot to prove. He needs to prove he's the franchise guy who can consistently lead us to he postseason.

Julius has done next to nothing in a Jags uniform.

Quote:A lot to prove? Not Julius and Blake.  We know what they are. Yeldon needs to show us he is a three-down player if we want to use him that way. The guys who need to prove themselves are on the offensive line and defense.
Uh what? Julius needs to prove he is what we paid him to be. Not just a name from Manning's glory days.

Bortles has to prove that he can be the top notch QB we believe him to be. Not just a gunslinger who can play catch up.

He has to prove he can be mindful of game situations where an INT is just completely unacceptable.

Yeldon won't be a 3 down player.

Quote:Blake certainly has a lot to prove. He needs to prove he's the franchise guy who can consistently lead us to he postseason.

Blake has already proven he can do it. What do you call 4,428 yards and 35 TD passes?

If you think Julius Thomas has done nothing as a Jaguar you must not know he wears #80.

Quote:Blake certainly has a lot to prove. He needs to prove he's the franchise guy who can consistently lead us to he postseason.

While we all want to see Blake do even better than he's already done, Osweiler has a lot more to prove than Bortles does.  You have to give the early edge in QB play to the Jags for the division.  Luck is coming off a bad year, Mariota didn't finish last year and might not finish this one if he keeps running so much, and Osweiler has started like two games - reminds me of Rob Johnson's resume. 

The unproven quantities on the Jags are the re-shuffled o-line and defense. 

My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Quote:While we all want to see Blake do even better than he's already done, Osweiler has a lot more to prove than Bortles does.  You have to give the early edge in QB play to the Jags for the division.  Luck is coming off a bad year, Mariota didn't finish last year and might not finish this one if he keeps running so much, and Osweiler has started like two games - reminds me of Rob Johnson's resume. 

The unproven quantities on the Jags are the re-shuffled o-line and defense. 

Osweiler started seven games.

Things I disagree with:

Our secondary ranking.  I feel like we should be 1st.  I also think our O-line is 2nd, and our skill players should be first.

Our offensive line could be first if we had a real left guard  playing his natural position.

Quote:Blake has already proven he can do it. What do you call 4,428 yards and 35 TD passes?

If you think Julius Thomas has done nothing as a Jaguar you must not know he wears #80.
Look dude... I'm all about propping up our QB as much as the next fan.

I believe in Blake, I do. Go to the MM vs BB thread, trust me... he's my guy.

But he still threw too many boneheaded INTs, not chuck ups, but driving into the RZ threw it at the wrong color jersey screw ups.

He also threw beyond the LOS more than I've ever seen. He's gotta get his head in the game a little better.

The yards and TDs mean jack diddly if we're sittin at 6 wins.

I don't think Bortles will be an issue, but there is a serious "next step" he needs to take. Or his naysayers will have a serious argument with their "Garbage time stats" and "Arob 50/50 balls" arguments.

Thomas = 12 games, 46 catches, 5 TDs, <500 yards.

He's never had a full season, so he kinda needs to prove he can stay healthy. He had his 2nd highest targets last season and dropped too many. I'm not saying he's a bust or whatever... but I'd like to see him get back to a lil 2014 form.

Not all interceptions are Blake's fault though. I clearly remember one interception was a perfect pass to Julius Thomas with nobody in front of him and Thomas somehow lost his footing on the turf. The guy behind him took advantage.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 10:39 AM by Haterade.)

It's anyone's division

Agreed with most of it except...

Colts OL is in the bottom 3 in the NFL and Lamar Miller is vastly overhyped

Quote:It's anyone's division

Agreed with most of it except...

Colts OL is in the bottom 3 in the NFL and Lamar Miller is vastly overhyped

Lamar Miller is an upgrade from the group of nobodies Houston had last year.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 06:28 PM by jradMITEX.)

You could make the same argument that BB is vastly over hyped.