Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your tough cuts list?

People you expect to get cut that maybe a hard decision. I predict Viska and Chassion to get the axe.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can only dream Laviska is gone, he's a liability. His hands specificly.

Here is my 1st pass. As we have waiver pick 1, I see 3 pickups (RB, OL, LB).

QB (2)
Lawrence
Beathard

RB (4)
Robinson
Etienne Jr.
Conner
Waiver

WR (6)
Kirk
Zay Jones
Marvin Jones Jr.
Tim Jones
Agnew
Treadwell

TE(4)
Engram
Arnold
Farrell
Manhertz

OL(9)
Robinson
Taylor
Little
Fortner
Shatley
Scherff
Bartch
Van Lanen
Waiver

DL(10)
Fatukasi
Hamilton
Tufele
Walker
Allen
Key
Smoot
Robertson-Harris
Gotsis
Chaisson

LB(5)
Lloyd
Muma
Oluokun
Quarterman
Waiver

DB(10)
Griffin
Campbell
Williams
Campbell
Junior
Claybrooks
Cisco
Jenkins
Ford
Wingard

Special(3)
McCourt
Walker
Matiscik

I thought Prince played pretty good tonight. Good hands..
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(08-27-2022, 09:32 PM)Ronster Wrote: I thought Prince played pretty good tonight. Good hands..

Yeah, good enough for the practice squad.

(08-27-2022, 09:25 PM)JAGs Nation Wrote: Here is my 1st pass.  As we have waiver pick 1, I see 3 pickups (RB, OL, LB). 

QB (2)
Lawrence
Beathard

RB (4)
Robinson
Etienne Jr.
Conner
Waiver

WR (6)
Kirk
Zay Jones
Marvin Jones Jr.
Tim Jones
Agnew
Treadwell

TE(4)
Engram
Arnold
Farrell
Manhertz

OL(9)
Robinson
Taylor
Little
Fortner
Shatley
Scherff
Bartch
Van Lanen
Waiver

DL(10)
Fatukasi
Hamilton
Tufele
Walker
Allen
Key
Smoot
Robertson-Harris
Gotsis
Chaisson

LB(5)
Lloyd
Muma
Oluokun
Quarterman
Waiver

DB(10)
Griffin
Campbell
Williams
Campbell
Junior
Claybrooks
Cisco
Jenkins
Ford
Wingard

Special(3)
McCourt
Walker
Matiscik
This seems like a pretty solid prediction to me.

(08-27-2022, 08:56 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: I can only dream Laviska is gone, he's a liability. His hands specificly.

Viska has been outperformed by other receivers this offseason, and I think he probably gets cut, but he did catch a nice touchdown pass with great footwork today. (it was just called back by a hold on the line) 

[Image: 10shenault-td.png]

(08-27-2022, 11:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 08:56 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: I can only dream Laviska is gone, he's a liability. His hands specificly.

Viska has been outperformed by other receivers this offseason, and I think he probably gets cut, but he did catch a nice touchdown pass with great footwork today. (it was just called back by a hold on the line) 

You don't think he would have some trade value? Like for even like a conditional 6th or 7th? Or even a swap for Jet's Denzel Mims?

(08-27-2022, 11:35 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 11:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Viska has been outperformed by other receivers this offseason, and I think he probably gets cut, but he did catch a nice touchdown pass with great footwork today. (it was just called back by a hold on the line) 

You don't think he would have some trade value? Like for even like a conditional 6th or 7th? Or even a swap for Jet's Denzel Mims?

Hard to say this late in the cut deadline timeline 

Maybe

Mims doesn’t make sense IMO with Tim Jones playing like he is

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2022, 12:39 AM by Eric1. Edited 2 times in total.)

With those 35 players not playing tonight, it's safe to assume they're locks to make the roster. Then you add guys like Lloyd, Snoop, Cooke, the long snapper, whichever Kicker they decide on (likely McCourt) etc who did play, but will be on the 53 man roster. It leaves around 10-13 open spots to finish out the 53.

I really don't want them to cut Shenault (still too early imo), but it just doesn't look like he has a place on this roster. Him not really being able to play outside really hurts his chances. I think Tim Jones earned a spot and Treadwell plays Special Teams. Teams love that.

The cut down deadline is on Tuesday.
https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/1...8808086528
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...3265220608

trevor lawrence

I would trade viska for a veggie soup

I hope we keep Viska.

If Tim Jones makes the cut, then I'm patenting TMZ (Tim, Marvin, Zay) for T-shirt sales. Man, why can't Christian Kirk be Christian Jones?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Viska is not getting cut.

7 WRs and they keep Viska/Tim/Treadwell?

Really hope Tim makes the team but he may be the odd man out. Still remember the Jags not putting Lazard on the 53 and thinking how bad an idea that was.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2022, 05:22 PM by Newton.)

Tim needs to be on the squad. He had low numbers due to injury senior year, but he has shown traits that can make him an excellent nfl receiver

https://www.jaguars.com/video/can-t-miss...d-catch-an

The previous game highlight in some ways was even more impressive.

WR is the hardest one for sure. Feels like this coaching staff could get real creative and take advantage of Viska's ability to run after the catch. There were small stretches last year were it felt like Treadwell was the guy you could trust to get open and make a catch. Obviously first round talent who may have finally put things together. And Jones seems like he has a lot of athleticism and potential. Assuming if he doesnt make the 53, some other team would scoop him up. Wish we had seen him against better talent in the preseason. Still a possibility he is nothing more than a training camp star. But feels like he has earned his shot.

No idea what the team will do. Could very likely keep 7. But if I had to pick one to cut I think I'd go with Treadwell. Viska gives you the potential playmaking ability to run after the catch. And Jones has flashed big play potential who I want to see go against front line starters. Treadwell feels more like the steady eddy type who doesn't do anything special. And while you need the solid dependable players, it feels like we're not lacking that anymore with the trio of Marvin, Zay, and Kirk.

Cut the old guy, Marvin

(08-28-2022, 05:38 PM)JW Wrote: Cut the old guy, Marvin

Why?

He's easily a top 3 WR on this roster right now.