Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your tough cuts list?

(08-28-2022, 04:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: 7 WRs and they keep Viska/Tim/Treadwell?

Really hope Tim makes the team but he may be the odd man out. Still remember the Jags not putting Lazard on the 53 and thinking how bad an idea that was.

And Lazard didn't even do anything in the preseason that year when the Packers yoinked him off our PS. Jones has made multiple plays in every game this preseason.

What's stopping a team like the Falcons from putting in a claim for him if we cut him. Their WR room is weak and they just practiced/played against him so they got to see what he could do first hand.

I wouldn't risk it. The kid earned a spot imo.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-28-2022, 05:21 PM)Newton Wrote: Tim needs to be on the squad. He had low numbers due to injury senior year, but he has shown traits that can make him an excellent nfl receiver

https://www.jaguars.com/video/can-t-miss...d-catch-an

The previous game highlight in some ways was even more impressive.

Agreed. Drop Shenault and even Treadwell if necessary even though I'd *like* to keep him. The thing is, we've probably seen Treadwell's ceiling whereas T Jones may turn out to be a real find.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I see no tough cuts this year. Depth is really bad.

That being said there are some potential cuts that would be surprising but let's see what happens first.

(08-28-2022, 05:38 PM)JW Wrote: Cut the old guy, Marvin

Hes 32. Hes a good player. He can make tough catches and he can get open.

You can only keep so many…..some of these younger guys have a lot of potential…and you can’t give up on Viska after just two seasons.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2022, 09:14 PM by RicoTx.)

I’d bet Shenault or Treadwell are gone and Jones gets a roster spot.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-28-2022, 09:14 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I’d bet Shenault or Treadwell are gone and Jones gets a roster spot.

I’m with you. Jones has earned it the hard way.

In My Personal opinion, the only thing that Jones has over Treadwell is age and that should be the deal maker w/respect to Jones being on the 53 Man Roster. Give Treadwell the same opportunities and he's sure to catch the ball.

The difference between keeping Treadwell vs. LS10 is how the team plans to utilize LS10 w/respect to WR/RB(catching passes out of the backfield).

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I dont know I am looking at the stats and Laviska has had 58 and 63 catches last two season, two numbers Treadwell hasnt come close to in his career. It seems that Treadwell and Jonas are similar types, so I keep one of the two plus Laviska. Its up to the coaching staff to figure out how to get Laviska the ball and to find him a role, but he can do good things with the ball in his hand. Go and look at the Jaguars longest play last year, which is solely due to Laviska running after the catch. You say we dont need that element on our team?

Normally I would agree with you guys about keeping shenault. However, his lack of ability to learn route trees, and his unorthodox skill set, may make this coaching staff want to go Treadwell. I think they are prioritizing Trevor‘s development highly, and if they feel that Laviska is still running wrong routes as of year three, that may be what ultimately gets him cut from here. I do think he’ll be picked up instantly elsewhere if we cut him though. He’s too intriguing of a prospect to sit on waivers.

I don't believe Viska will get cut. My best guess would be Tim Jones goes on the practice squad and if there is an injury he will have first priority.

(08-29-2022, 07:54 AM)Newton Wrote: Normally I would agree with you guys about keeping shenault. However, his lack of ability to learn route trees, and his unorthodox skill set, may make this coaching staff want to go Treadwell. I think they are prioritizing Trevor‘s development highly, and if they feel that Laviska is still running wrong routes as of year three, that may be what ultimately gets him cut from here. I do think he’ll be picked up instantly elsewhere if we cut him though. He’s too intriguing of a prospect to sit on waivers.

Has there been some report that he is running bad routes? Big strike against him if so. I haven't seen anything about that. 

(he's also had 3 different playbooks in his three years FWIW - even though route concepts mostly carry over)

(08-29-2022, 08:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 07:54 AM)Newton Wrote: Normally I would agree with you guys about keeping shenault. However, his lack of ability to learn route trees, and his unorthodox skill set, may make this coaching staff want to go Treadwell. I think they are prioritizing Trevor‘s development highly, and if they feel that Laviska is still running wrong routes as of year three, that may be what ultimately gets him cut from here. I do think he’ll be picked up instantly elsewhere if we cut him though. He’s too intriguing of a prospect to sit on waivers.

Has there been some report that he is running bad routes? Big strike against him if so. I haven't seen anything about that. 

(he's also had 3 different playbooks in his three years FWIW - even though route concepts mostly carry over)
Yes they mentioned it on the jaguars post game that he ran his route into treadwell incorrectly, similar to the embarrassing debacle of two receivers colliding last year.

I really doubt Shenault gets the axe. They've gushed about his unique skillset multiple times and he flashes too much to give up on him in year 3. If I had to guess, either Treadwell or Tim Jones is gone. They may try stashing Jones on the PS.

I have a feeling Tim Jones won’t last long on the PS. Given the injury rate of WRs, he’ll get poached pretty quick.

(08-29-2022, 08:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I can recall multiple times he obviously ran the wrong route, one example was on a late game fourth down last year when Trevor clearly expected him to stop and break down to catch a pass, and threw it incomplete into the back of Shenault's cleats as Shenault continued running without looking back. Whether that means he does it on a fairly regular basis is hard to say since we don't know what was called, but considering he doesn't have good hands, speed, or ability to make guys miss I don't see him sticking around much longer.

(08-29-2022, 08:42 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 08:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Has there been some report that he is running bad routes? Big strike against him if so. I haven't seen anything about that. 

I can recall multiple times he obviously ran the wrong route, one example was on a late game fourth down last year when Trevor clearly expected him to stop and break down to catch a pass, and threw it incomplete into the back of Shenault's cleats as Shenault continued running without looking back. Whether that means he does it on a fairly regular basis is hard to say since we don't know what was called, but considering he doesn't have good hands, speed, or ability to make guys miss I don't see him sticking around much longer.

Was inquiring about "still" running wrong routes, as in "this offseason." 
But - regardless - it seems to be an issue. Not good. It's a shame - he showed a ton of potential.
Crazy YAC ability.

I wish Shenault could put on another 10 pounds and able to block and end. He would make a good TE. But his hands are sus. I just think with the way Tim Jones is playing someone has to go.

Move Shenault to RB, keep Tim Jones.

Problem solved

Kinda hope they keep 7 receivers.