Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your tough cuts list?

Don't know what is considered a good receptions to targets ratio, but Shenalt was 63% last year. That actually sounds about average. And only 1 fumble. He's still on a rookie deal for this year and next, and is only costing 2Mil against the cap. My guess is they keep him this year as a prove it year in the new system. If it doesnt work out, then bye bye.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-29-2022, 11:07 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Don't know what is considered a good receptions to targets ratio, but Shenalt was 63% last year.  That actually sounds about average.  And only 1 fumble.  He's still on a rookie deal for this year and next, and is only costing 2Mil against the cap.  My guess is they keep him this year as a prove it year in the new system.  If it doesnt work out, then bye bye.

Ya, I don't think they cut him this year
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(08-29-2022, 11:07 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Don't know what is considered a good receptions to targets ratio, but Shenalt was 63% last year.  That actually sounds about average.  And only 1 fumble.  He's still on a rookie deal for this year and next, and is only costing 2Mil against the cap.  My guess is they keep him this year as a prove it year in the new system.  If it doesnt work out, then bye bye.

It was the drop percentage that was ugly. 

He went from a 3.8% to 8% drop percentage in year one to year two.  (8% is in the strikingly bad range league wide)
Personally, I think he can still be an asset. The drop issue seems to have returned to some normalcy. 
No telling how this staff sees him and his value to the club though.

(08-28-2022, 09:14 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I’d bet Shenault or Treadwell are gone and Jones gets a roster spot.

Boom.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Rudy Ford was cut. That's disappointing

(08-29-2022, 12:09 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Rudy Ford was cut. That's disappointing

Part of his value was the ability to play "big nickel." 

With Williams set to play nickel, Herndon to back him up, and Muma available as big nickel/$LB, he became expendable.  Daniel Thomas also looks faster in general at safety.

Ford has great hustle. I bet he catches on somewhere.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2022, 12:31 PM by Mikey.)

(08-28-2022, 01:14 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I would trade viska for a veggie soup

I call the Pats and see if they offer some chowdah

(08-28-2022, 04:48 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Viska is not getting cut.

so they keep him in place of treadwell?

or do they only roll with 3 TE and stack 7 WR on the roster?

(08-28-2022, 05:21 PM)Newton Wrote: Tim needs to be on the squad. He had low numbers due to injury senior year, but he has shown traits that can make him an excellent nfl receiver

https://www.jaguars.com/video/can-t-miss...d-catch-an

The previous game highlight in some ways was even more impressive.

I think this preseason's film is enough to suggest that if we don't put him on the roster, someone else certainly will.

(08-28-2022, 05:38 PM)JW Wrote: Cut the old guy, Marvin

okie dokey

(08-29-2022, 12:09 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Rudy Ford was cut. That's disappointing
Why? He's pretty much a no body.

This team has more talent than last year so cutting these bums that Urban brought in is just fine.

Treadwell was fine but he's also JAG. He made plays because the team had no one else to throw to. 

I also like that they are possibly trying to ship Shenault for a pick.

I dont like that at all. Oh well. And then treadwell? Hmm. He was the only decent wr last season

(08-29-2022, 12:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Why? He's pretty much a no body.

This team has more talent than last year so cutting these bums that Urban brought in is just fine.

Treadwell was fine but he's also JAG. He made plays because the team had no one else to throw to. 

I also like that they are possibly trying to ship Shenault for a pick.

I think it's just because he's stuck in my head from a few splash plays. And he made some plays against ATL. You're right though, he's just a guy.

Dang, he was an ace on ST.

That might hurt, in the long run.

(08-29-2022, 12:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1564...uhdunQltuQ

A sign toward Tim Jones staying on?
MJJ
Zay
CK
Agnew
Jones
Viska
That's our 6 I think

Urban has a lot of us jaded. I trust Pederson.

(08-29-2022, 12:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Part of his value was the ability to play "big nickel." 

With Williams set to play nickel, Herndon to back him up, and Muma available as big nickel/$LB, he became expendable.  Daniel Thomas also looks faster in general at safety.

Ford has great hustle. I bet he catches on somewhere.

Felt like the defense went to another level last year when Ford began starting.  Kind of sad to see him go.

1010 reporting Laviska is being actively shopped

(08-29-2022, 12:52 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: 1010 reporting Laviska is being actively shopped

This would make more sense had we held onto Treadwell till the eleventh hour.

Who else would they keep? Cotton? Austin?

@Mebbe we package Viska and Little to the pokes for their first next year?@

(08-29-2022, 12:58 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 12:52 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: 1010 reporting Laviska is being actively shopped

This would make more sense had we held onto Treadwell till the eleventh hour.

Who else would they keep? Cotton? Austin?

@Mebbe we package Viska and Little to the pokes for their first next year?@

Maybe they plan to keep him if they can't get anything for him. Figure if they can get something then great, if not then try to salvage him one last time before just dropping him for nothing.

It probably depends on the routes and coverages. I'd expect lower target to reception ratio for guys running deeper routes than for guys catching dump off passes, for example.