Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do you trust Bradley with Bortles in his prime?

Hell No... I barely trust Gus with a bag of skittles..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tom Belichick hahah

Yall kill me

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:Hell No... I barely trust Gus with a bag of skittles..

That's for when sprinkles just aren't big enough.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Tom Belichick hahah

Yall kill me

Bill Brady's coach?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Bill Brady's coach?
Nah, new guy

Johnny Grappleo

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Didn't Blake have a banner year, last year, under Gus?  SMH.... You tools kill me...

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

I would that Gus would stay outta Bortle's prime.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

No.  I do not trust Bradley.  

Currently I do not trust Gus to develop talent. Since he's been here, a lot of young promising talent looked great as rookies or UDFA. Then the next year after being "coached up" went nowhere or backwards. Like Cyprien, Gratz, McCray, Ryan Davis, etc etc.

The obvious exceptions are Bortles and the Allens, but they workout together in the off season to improve themselves.

I worry he'll ruin Jack and Ramsey too!

Yes, I trust Gus Bradley with Bortles in his prime.  

Prime, aready? lol

Quote:The defense is where the concern lies. Wash seems to have done a good job coaching the interior DL, so Day is probably safe.

The DEs, LBs, and DBs haven't progressed at all under this coaching staff. Not a single one.

The secondary hasn't either.  House was already good when he came.  Look at Cyp and Gratz.  They were looking really good their rookie years.  They are mediocre on their best days now.  No progress and it can be argued that Cyp has regressed slightly, and Gratz has fallen off the earth.

Colvin also came in his rookie year with high upside, but really hasn't taken off.  McCray is bagging groceries now.  Josh Evans can't even get a job bagging groceries.  Am I missing anyone?  

I am still holding out hope that this season will be different.  But the body of work for Gus Bradley shows that he was a product of Pete Carrol and was really not HC material.  Live and learn, I guess.

But he's certainly not coaching up the defense.  

If you go along wtih the reasoning that the QB is the single most valuable player on the field, then the real question is do we trust Dave since as a GM he hasn't upgraded the offensive line who is responsible for protecting Bortles. Right now, it seems to me that the 'do we trust Gus' question will have a more solid basis after this season. If we go under 8-8 he should be history here; 8-8 or a little better, then he deserves another year. If we make the play offs and acutally last a game or two... then what's there to complain about?

We'll see soon enough.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2016, 09:37 AM by SeldomRite.)

Quote:Didn't Blake have a banner year, last year, under Gus? SMH.... You tools kill me...

And Gus managed to make it into a five win season against the most favorable schedule the team may have ever played. Smh that anyone could really think that last year was any kind of credit to the head coach.

What part of we didn't have enough defensive talent on the field to keep our opponents from scoring do you not get? Oh that's right... You're not the brightest bulb in the box.... carry on...

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:If you go along wtih the reasoning that the QB is the single most valuable player on the field, then the real question is do we trust Dave since as a GM he hasn't upgraded the offensive line who is responsible for protecting Bortles. Right now, it seems to me that the 'do we trust Gus' question will have a more solid basis after this season. If we go under 8-8 he should be history here; 8-8 or a little better, then he deserves another year. If we make the play offs and acutally last a game or two... then what's there to complain about?

We'll see soon enough.

Caldwell hasn't upgraded the offensive line? He signed Parnell and Beachum, our two starting tackles, both of whom are good. He drafted Linder, Cann, and Bowanko. He signed Wisniewski last year to fill in at center, only after trying to get Alex Mack. He missed on Joeckel and Beadles, but they were at least attempts to upgrade the line (and there's still hope with Joeckel). That's six upgrades and three more attempted upgrades.

Quote:Caldwell hasn't upgraded the offensive line? He signed Parnell and Beachum, our two starting tackles, both of whom are good. He drafted Linder, Cann, and Bowanko. He signed Wisniewski last year to fill in at center, only after trying to get Alex Mack. He missed on Joeckel and Beadles, but they were at least attempts to upgrade the line (and there's still hope with Joeckel). That's six upgrades and three more attempted upgrades.
That is quite true; he did sign those people for the o-line. However, it is yet to be seen if they will be 'upgrades' or not. Bortles was sacked a league high last season. Let's see if that stat can be improved by virtue of an 'upgraded' line.

No

Bradley = expendable

Bortles = unexpendable

Quote:Blake Bortles has a prime? I'm asking because according to what I have read on this message forum some in this fan base thinks he's a garbage time stat, bad decision making, inaccurate bum. Well I for one think blake is going to be a star when he's finished developing as a QB.

He sure does put up good numbers in garbage time, not so good numbers when the game is tight.

Quote:That is quite true; he did sign those people for the o-line. However, it is yet to be seen if they will be 'upgrades' or not. Bortles was sacked a league high last season. Let's see if that stat can be improved by virtue of an 'upgraded' line.

Is Guy Wimper still on the roster? No?

We've upgraded the online.